Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:45 am

Post subject: Re: Error in HU 1.7
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:37 pm 

It sounds like you've solved the problem somehow, but for those struggling in the future:

Try the following:
  1. Cut&paste (or copy-paste if you'd prefer) the D2 folder from C:\ProgramFiles\ to C:\ (I haven't noticed registry problems from doing this in the past, and worst-case you can cut&paste it back).
  2. Double check that the D2SE shortcut (as well as game.exe and diablII.exe; I don't think all are necessary, but you may as well) are run in compatibility mode, run as Administrator, and turn off desktop composition (I don't have Win10, so I can't tell you which other checkboxes are important, so you might have to experiment).

Here's a fairly detailed install guide, consider checking if there's a step you missed (maybe running VidTest?).

There isn't a lot to figure out with D2SE. Once it's installed, you'll notice a Mods folder in your D2 folder, and in that Mods folder it's up to you to create a folder for HUv1.7 and place the v1.7 files within it.
i.e.
  1. Make a mod folder (e.g. C:/D2/Mods/HU_v1.7/).
  2. Expand the core-files download and package of your choice into /HU_v1.7/
  3. Run D2SE, select the silly HU picture, and press "start plugin" ("start d2" will not run with the mod's files).
  4. You might need to run the GlideWrapper test and configure it.

If you've installed D2 from Blizzard's store, then you might have D2:LoDv1.14, which isn't compatible with D2SE or HU at all. If that's the case, you can download an entire install directory with D2SE here, and then make a folder for HUv1.7 and continue from there.

Offline Profile