Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 am

Post subject: HELP
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:13 pm 

Ok recently I installed a different mod. In order to do this I was told I'd have to do a fresh unintall/install of D2. I did this, and installed the other mod. My problem is, I cannot seem to get Hu properly reinstalled now. I really hope I can get some help, here is what I did.

I copied the contents of my diablo 2 folder inside another folder on my desktop named "Diablo 2 AM" and left the empty folder where it was. I installed the old, old d2 discs, and everything was installed into the empty diablo 2 folder. So far so good.

I already had a copy of the 1.21 full rar, and the 1.21z update in another folder. But first I downloaded the 2 lod files from http://www.arimyth.com/hell.htm

One of the files is called LOD110.rar and the other is the LOD110.exe. I extracted the lod rar into the diablo 2 folder and hit "yes" to replace all. Then I ran the lod.110.exe but it said, "An error has occured while preparing the patch, the problem can commonly be corrected by reinstalling the game and trying the update again." I did this three times and the same error keeps occurring. When I hit the "details" tab on the error box it says:

"ERROR: 'C:\Program Files\Diablo II\d2exp.mpq' does not exist
The system cannot find the file specified. I have no idea why this happens.

If this is any help I am using the lod.iso and not the disc. The only hard discs I have are of the old diablo 2, pre LOD, pre expansion. Any suggestions?

ps. I went ahead and extraced the full1.21 HU edition as well as the small 1.21z file, even though I still am not getting past the error when I run the lod.110.exe file. When I do this, it says "insert play disc". But the iso is open and running, the lod image is also mounted.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: HELP
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:51 pm 

hopefully some more tech savvy folks will chime in, but my instinct is telling me it is something to do with the folder shuffling you have going on.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:16 pm 

Looking at what you described, I think I had a very similar problem when I was switching between mods as well a few months back. I think I may know the problem. Here is what happened to me... maybe you can find a solution from what I did:

I installed d2 just like you said and then copied the d2 folder onto my desktop twice. One was for Aftermath, one was for HU. I left the original one in my program files untouched and unchanged in case I wanted to install another mod. After this, I installed the 1.10 patch from online and got it all set up. Then I proceeded to install both AM and HU and installed everything into each respective folder. I could not get either one to start. What I found out later is that the 1.10 patch was not installed into the folders I had copied onto my desktop but only installed in the original folder. For some reason, I could not get 1.10 to run with the folders I had copied. From that point, I deleted everything and tried again. I got that to work and now have a process for how I get it to work correctly:

1) Install D2 and D2LOD from scratch.
2) Download and run the 1.10 patch.
3) Copy the folder onto your desktop for each mod. If you want to play 3 mods, then make 3 separate folders.
4) Install the mod files and continue the process for each folder.

What may have happened is that you only got 1.10 on the AM folder and not on the copied HU folder. The way I do it is not really efficient but is pretty easy to do and works for me. Message me if you want me to help you on detailed instructions with it.

On a side note, there is also a program that recently came out that helps with mod management very well (from what I hear). I think it is called "Seltsamuel's D2 Mod Manager" or something close. It's probably more efficient than my method for juggling more than one mod.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 2:10 am 

this happens because u betrayed HU =P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:32 pm 

Check the path settings in your registry?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Diablo II
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Diablo II

I'm not sure what happens if these are set to directory "A" and you start a version of diablo from directory "B".

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:08 pm 

When in doubt use a different folder name to install too.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:01 pm 

Copy the d2exp.mpq from your iso into your folder. Then make sure your iso emulator is running in SecuROM mode.

Offline Profile