Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 am

Post subject: psn creeper dmg.....?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:04 am 

ill set this up like this: ( not saying these numbers are right but its just an example)

why 30k poison over 6 seconds from creeper kills slower than 12k rabies over 8 seconds??..

been working on my psn summoner and works perfectly id say... but even when my creeper its ok, rabies kills faster. creeper is doing almost twice dmg of rabies per second and rabies is still better.

any thoughts?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: psn creeper dmg.....?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:51 am 

rabies gets the pierce , creeper doesnt im affraid , have you tried it with lower res / cloak of shadows instead of emeralds / facets m8 ?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:06 am 

I wouldn't trust the numbers that are displayed for the screen. The mechanics of how creeper actually works is very poorly understood.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:36 pm 

Kannli wrote:
rabies gets the pierce , creeper doesnt im affraid , have you tried it with lower res / cloak of shadows instead of emeralds / facets m8 ?

I have even tried with no pierce at all, and like Blue says... seems like the numbers are not true.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:44 am 

My theory is this: Poison Creeper is a minion and, like some "minions", they don't get the -res/+dmg benefit from items methinks? while Rabies is an inflicted attack and thus -res/+dmg counts.

I agree with Blue. The stats screen is often known as the LCS (Lying Character Screen) as the listings for damages is often incorrect.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:21 am 

New Bastige is correct. Poison Creeper is a minion and does not get -res or facet +dmg modifier. Even if the LCS says it does. Its very similar to wolves if ur using any type of modifiers do they get it?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:38 am 

ya - I am 99% certain that it doesn't benefit from pierce of boosts to psn dmg on your gear, but there are also oddities on how it works in terms of layering mats and such. The insta-death that would occur with Moloch sometimes was presumed to be due to psn creeper mats stacking and multiplying but I don't think anyone was ever able to figure that one out.

The one thing that isn't a mystery though is that psn creeper doesn't seem overly powerful in the hands of players so I don't think anyone has ever bothered to learn much more than that about the skill.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:53 pm 

hmmmm lvl60 creeper w/o any +/- dmg modifier its 90k over 6 seconds (15k per sec)... not that bad but... do this dmg stacks with rabies, psn strike or any other psn?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:59 pm 

Wolfs wrote:
hmmmm lvl60 creeper w/o any +/- dmg modifier its 90k over 6 seconds (15k per sec)... not that bad but... do this dmg stacks with rabies, psn strike or any other psn?

Of the group, it would most likely simply "play nice" with rabies. For all the others whatever has the highest DPS will apply and everything else will be ignored.

In theory, rabies interacts with other psn by waiting for that psn to complete and then applying itself immediately after. The 2 forms of psn dmg won't operate simultaneously though (ie. it doesn't stack). That's all theory craft, never really tested it out. When playing with psn necros, I generally hopped in a hit them with rabies just for good measure, didn't really know if it was helping or not I just get bored standing around so I did it.

Offline Profile