Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:01 pm

Post subject: New Character Issue
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:00 am 

[Disclaimer: if this has been posted about elsewhere, I apologize, please direct me to the correct thread and delete this one]

I just downloaded the Hell Unleashed 1.21 Full Edition, installed it, and started playing. Not having played it before, I had no idea what to expect. Me and a friend started a couple of new characters with stats all at 5 and no skills, nor points to allocate. We wound up running around like crazed nutcases trying to find ways to kill noobly monsters without getting one-shot, and figuring this was a feature of the game (it is supposed to be more difficult than normal Diablo II, from what I can tell). After reading the patch notes, however, it says we were supposed to start with 60 stat points and one skill point we could allocate. Which, in hindsight, would have made the beginning a little easier (seemed to work out just fine after a level or two, though). Is this a bug, or have I managed to install the program incorrectly? I am running 64 bit Vista, downgraded the client from 1.12, and am including a no-cd crack (I have a copy of the cd, if this is the issue) if the latter is the case. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: New Character Issue
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:32 am 

Make sure run the D2modsetup.bat and check your shortcut to make sure it includes -direct and -txt. After that you would have to check your installation.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:27 pm 

*Facepalms* Yup, ran setup, it works now. Kinda interesting that that's the only feature that didn't work right. Oh well, thanks for the help.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:39 pm 
Site Admin

D2ModSetup is needed to actually register D2Mod.dll to load all the new features ... CharStats.dll included.

Offline Profile