Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:10 am

Post subject: anti hack on Win XP x64
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:20 pm 

Not that big of a shocker, but the new HUGuard.exe still doesn't work on Windows XP x64. I've made posts about it on the old forums but no one found solutions. Oh well, guess it was too much of a hassle to make an x64 compatible version.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: anti hack on Win XP x64
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:44 pm 

Zyin wrote:
Not that big of a shocker, but the new HUGuard.exe still doesn't work on Windows XP x64. I've made posts about it on the old forums but no one found solutions. Oh well, guess it was too much of a hassle to make an x64 compatible version.

im bettin its compatable its just some stupid fuckin problem could one of the guys running servers please let me know why i keep gettin dropped , ah or hugaurd have been running each time and ive tried about a hundred different ways........just let me know if the anti hack programs are detecting a hack or something , i am unable to completely uninstall.reinstall as i dont have the disks anymore heheh

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:34 am 
Site Admin

Well I am not able to test it myself, I don't have WinXP 64 and I really don't plan on installing that pure shit anywhere at home. Sorry if M$ did a bad OS with a bad x86 emulation but don't blame me for that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:21 pm 
Site Admin

I guess I am hooped as well!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:24 pm 

Soulmancer wrote:

the hugaurd is runnin fine.......but my amazon still dousnt have 3/4 penalty for multi so the mod cant be installed right.....even in single player it dont have the penalty.

i think the hugaurd is kickin us cause we are running what "it thinks " is a version hack..........but i havnt been able to actually look at the code and its been ten years since i did any coding at all hehehe

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:28 pm 
Site Admin

Soulmancer wrote:

You are on XP64 ? Can you please test HUGuard and confirm that it is not working for you ? I mean, join or create a game on the realm and tell me if you are getting booted.

Thanks.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:30 pm 
Site Admin

I am running Vista 64... HU Guard connects fine but after creating or joining a game it disconnects shortly after. Though HU Guard never stops running

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:31 pm 

ok i need terry to try this

and someone with non vista 64 system

open command prompt in admin mode then copy and paste the three lines after this into it and see what it dous.......

@echo off
rundll32 .\d2mod.dll,D2ModSetup
@echo on

if im right something is messing with the d2mod.dll, if we figure that out problem is fixed

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:43 pm 
Site Admin

The mod is installed, if it wasn't you would not have the ability to allocate stat and skill points on start up... I doubt this is the problem.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:58 pm 

Soulmancer wrote:
The mod is installed, if it wasn't you would not have the ability to allocate stat and skill points on start up... I doubt this is the problem.

that didnt change since last patch did it? suspicion is that im still running last patch mostly

since the batch file automatically start hugaurd , it will start no matter what as long as u click it

just the skills themselves changed, except my skills are identical to last patch .......right up until i drop hehe

then all of a sudden i get much better at swearing in multiple languages

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:25 pm 
Site Admin

Mancer don't have the same HUGuard error as Pappy and you are both running Vista 64.

How much ram do you have ?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:29 pm 

DuFFBeeR wrote:
Mancer don't have the same HUGuard error as Pappy and you are both running Vista 64.

4 gig right now hehe
How much ram do you have ?

how do i tell what error im gettin cause so far i havnt seen any

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

Why running 64 then ? 64 is needed for more than 4gb ram. Otherwise almost all app are running 32 bits so 64 is useless.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:35 pm 

DuFFBeeR wrote:
Why running 64 then ? 64 is needed for more than 4gb ram. Otherwise almost all app are running 32 bits so 64 is useless.

this thing is a junk computer i put together from lots of other pieces

wonder if i could force 32 bit lol

the ram was free so i took it, the case is ugly , and missing one complete side
i have to run with a fan blowin on it or it overheats despite new hitsinks and that paste shit u put on em

the powersupply is two diff comps ps combined but all the voltages are right and the frequencies are right to

the whole damn thing cost me around 125 in real money and the rest i bought by doin shit for pple who needed help wiht other stuff, hehe my fav is the dvd/dvr i traded an old book i bought at the swap meet for it.

despite all that with hu i have maybe 1 lockup every two to three days and right now i play a lot in two to three days hehe

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

I have 4 gigs of ram... Running Vista 64... The mod installs and is installed fine. HU Guard says its connected but upon starting or joining a game it boots me as if anti hack isn't running. like 10-20 seconds... Is there a port I need to open? I am also running a wireless connection via a router as well...

I also have no other OS. It was pre-installed on my computer.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:40 pm 

Soulmancer wrote:
I have 4 gigs of ram... Running Vista 64... The mod installs and is installed fine. HU Guard says its connected but upon starting or joining a game it boots me as if anti hack isn't running. like 10-20 seconds... Is there a port I need to open? I am also running a wireless connection via a router as well...

I also have no other OS. It was pre-installed on my computer.

make a single player zon terry and let me know if the zon has the 3/4 reduction on multi shot please

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:45 pm 

i just tried the wierdest thing........check this out

i uninstalled the mod then i ran the hell unleashed bat file and guess what

its exactly the same as with it installed, starts hugaurd and everything

join game and i drop in a 5-20 seconds

i reinstalled and still same and no changes when i ran again

bizarre!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:06 pm 
Site Admin

It's pretty weird that last ladder you didnt had any problem with antihack and now you got some. Yes, it has been changed but I am pretty sure that there is players currently playing with a 64 bit os and they do not have any problem at all.

The worst part for you is the fact that you are saying that the mod is not correctly installed. Did you really overwrite every files when installing the new patch ? Do you install the 1.10 downgrade AFTER extracting the patch ? Cause you need to install this downgrade BEFORE installing the patch. If you are only upgrading your last HU version to this new one, you simply need to extract the new package and that's it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:13 pm 

DuFFBeeR wrote:
It's pretty weird that last ladder you didnt had any problem with antihack and now you got some. Yes, it has been changed but I am pretty sure that there is players currently playing with a 64 bit os and they do not have any problem at all.

The worst part for you is the fact that you are saying that the mod is not correctly installed. Did you really overwrite every files when installing the new patch ? Do you install the 1.10 downgrade AFTER extracting the patch ? Cause you need to install this downgrade BEFORE installing the patch. If you are only upgrading your last HU version to this new one, you simply need to extract the new package and that's it.

this d2 has never seen bnet and ive verified its 1.10
i overwrote all files by default lol i like it that way
i just extracted new package then clicked d2modsetup i uninstalled then reinstalled

then ran the hu batch file to start it and bang same shit no matter what i do hehe uninstalled or installed , but at leasti can chat with freinds heh

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

Just did a fix on the HUGuard today. XP64 is now fully supported.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:25 pm 

DuFFBeeR wrote:
Just did a fix on the HUGuard today. XP64 is now fully supported.

does that mean its reuploaded to the website where we download the entire 300+mb mod? or is it server side?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:48 pm 
Site Admin

It is server side. Update was done early this afternoon.

Offline Profile