Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 am

Post subject: Password Not Working [Banhammer]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:13 pm 

Hey Duff,

I have been unable to log in and sent yah a PM. Currently when I attempt to log in, HU states that my password is incorrect. I haven't changed it recently, so I wasn't sure if my account was compromised or banned.

Sorry to bother you in 2 places. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For those that know how the ban procedure works, is your account deleted? Or is the password simply changed? Or do you get a realm not available error like Vanilla? Thanks in advance.

Edit: For those wondering, you get an incorrect password error.

Last edited by Hanayaka on Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Password Not Working
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:14 pm 
Site Admin

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1257

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:51 pm 

Figured. A PM would have been cool.

You guys might want to sticky something in the rules section so people know what is accepted in this community and what isn't. Kind of crappy to be banned for something like that.

Last edited by Hanayaka on Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:00 pm 

Hanayaka wrote:

You guys might want to sticky something in the rules section so people know what is accepted in this community and what isn't. Kind of crappy to be banned for something like that.

...are you joking? It is WELL known that NO mods are allowed here.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:02 pm 

WolfStar wrote:
Hanayaka wrote:

This IS a mod.... and people modify their game files all the time to remove screen shaking, animations, and enhance performance. I've also never seen a list of "approved modifications" and "unapproved modifications". For example, I'm pretty sure 99% of the community uses D2loader, yes?

And people use Glide to modify memory allocated for textures to enhance performance, and capture the mouse/provide ambient lighting? (The ambient lighting allows you to see skeletal mages with the glows in places you normally wouldn't see them -- is this considered cheating?)

Is it wrong to remove death animations to prevent massive gut explosions and firestorms and screen shaking?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:46 pm 

Hanayaka wrote:
WolfStar wrote:
Hanayaka wrote:

This IS a mod.... and people modify their game files all the time to remove screen shaking, animations, and enhance performance. I've also never seen a list of "approved modifications" and "unapproved modifications". For example, I'm pretty sure 99% of the community uses D2loader, yes?

And people use Glide to modify memory allocated for textures to enhance performance, and capture the mouse/provide ambient lighting? (The ambient lighting allows you to see skeletal mages with the glows in places you normally wouldn't see them -- is this considered cheating?)

Is it wrong to remove death animations to prevent massive gut explosions and firestorms and screen shaking?

Fortunately D2loader doesn't actually change the game at all. As for your mod, yes, it is wrong when that mod also incorporates aspects such as maphack and stuff into it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:57 am 

WolfStar wrote:
Fortunately D2loader doesn't actually change the game at all. As for your mod, yes, it is wrong when that mod also incorporates aspects such as maphack and stuff into it.

Blizzard strongly disagrees with your statement. D2Loader changes the game enough for them to ban thousands of accounts for using it. I don't think banning someone who didn't know what they were doing was in violation of the rules is a good example. Good thing we have tons of players on this mod right?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Password Not Working [Banhammer]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:23 am 
Game Server Host

but blizzard is not in control of this mod. The fact is that this program gave him/her an unfair advantage over other players who may be looking for the same thing (for alot longer perhaps). If it was a 6 socket cb they were after all they need to do is use larzuk quest for 6 sockets so thats a bs point IMO.

Offline Profile