Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 am

Post subject: Re: Howto: Using a Glide wrapper for better gfx/performance
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:38 am 
Site Admin

Well for some reason I can get Glide working fine without D2Mod installed and vice versa. Try having them both enabled and I get "Diablo 2 has stopped working" instantly when I try I start it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:43 am 

Soulmancer wrote:
Well for some reason I can get Glide working fine without D2Mod installed and vice versa. Try having them both enabled and I get "Diablo 2 has stopped working" instantly when I try I start it.

What's your install dir of d2? if program files then move it outside of it. Try running glide-init and unselect everything in extensions... also try to change overall graphic setup in either nvidia/Catalyst panel. I've had many weird problems with wrong loader, opengl triple buffering enabled (weird colors in game), etc. Try to run d2vidtest again.

What's your graphic card ? What about logs? is there any info about this crash (like trying to load dll but fail)?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:06 am 
Site Admin

-D2 installed Games\Diablo 2
-Tried running D2vistest again
-Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
-Using D2 Loader
-No error at all documented in log

I can get glide working fine on it's own without any issues at if I un-install D2mod systems. As soon as I install D2mod systems Diablo 2 instantly stops working upon start up. As I said with D2mod systems only installed without glide, game works fine; glide installed without D2mod systems also works fine... Together they fail.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:28 am 

Hm weird. 560 is like hd6850 and I have 0 problems with it. Try http://www.svenswrapper.de/english/text ... rsion.html and disable aero(compatibilty tab)completely. Are you getting the error in full mode and -w as well?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:32 am 
Game Server Host

try D2SE it pretty much gets rid of any instal issues with glide and mods ingeneral.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:35 am 
Site Admin

Apparently I just needed to reboot. I've been able to get Glide and the D2ExpRes plugin working fine together now. So it's all good now!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:51 pm 

Interesting.

I have tried this long time ago but failed. I guess that was because gfx card driver for windows 7 sucks. I searched the internet to see if anyone had the same problem, but it appeared I was the only one that had such kind of issue.

At first I used direct3d, it looked good but the game ran quite slowly. So I always played in windowed mode after that.
Later I found that glide wrapper and gave it a try. Before the loading screen, everything was fine. But when in game, my computer was choked to death, it got less than 1fps I guess that I could barely move my mouse. I couldn't see anything but gray triangles. Esc menu and HUD were displayed correctly I think. I saw it rained in rogue encampment, but beyond that there were only some gray triangles, odd.

*edit*

GeForce 7100 GS

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:10 pm 
Game Server Host

I had the same issue and eventually sorted it by messing around with the diff glide settings.

See This topic also, a few pages are related to glide issues and theres a config file in among there too i think.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:34 am 

ive tryed everything and i still cant get Glide wrapper to work, i extracted to folder. i opened the glide init to un check the 32 bit renderer i cheked 1024x728 window-mode and some more, i runned vidtest again and choosed the 3dfx glide, i changed to: run windows vista and cheked the 2 boxed you guys said to check on my d2.exe. and if i open a game and type /fps ... its still say video: Software... any idea on wats going on ? oh yeah and d2 was installed on path: folder : document game:d2 and hu is in the same GAME folder as d2 hu. ? mmm i dont know wat to try now tbh oh also i tryed restarting and running the vidtest again. but idont work either

Offline Profile