Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 am

Post subject: Cannot Log on to Arimyth.
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:43 pm 

I downloaded new set up, placed in my mods folder and I get this message:

Has the update not been added to Arimyth?

I have downloaded the norm res, old music MP download. I erased my old folder and replaced it with this one.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Cannot Log on to Arimyth.
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:19 pm 

Malpheas wrote:
(the page you linked to isn't an image, so won't be displayed with the image tags).

The servers have not been updated yet (Duff hasn't been on the forum in a couple weeks), but I have used v1.7b (both Multiplayer and Solo versions) to play on the realms without trouble (just don't make a Lvl1Necro and try to place a point into RaiseSkeletonMage (or a Lvl18Necro placing a point into BSpirit) since that will cause you to drop as if you'd tried to sell your Cube). Just keep in mind that you're playing v1.7a online.

If you feel like downloading again (I suppose the download might be corrupt, since it's unlikely you forgot to choose the Arimyth Gateway at the main menu), keep in mind that you could download the Solo version (access to special charms that could make v1.7 more enjoyable) to try offline or in TCP/IP, while you'd still be playing the multiplayer version online.

If you wanted to play a Skeleton or Bone Necro immediately with a group of friends or something, then here's a link to HUv1.7a CoreFiles Update and NormRes_OldMusic_Multiplayer, since you deleted the old one.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:22 pm 

For reference, I downloaded Norm Res / MP / No Music and New Music patches. Both returned the same message.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:46 pm 

If you've got the time, you could download the v1.7a files above, and confirm that you still have the problem (this would confirm that the issue isn't mod or update related).

Is there any possibility that at some point your D2 install got updated past LoDv1.10 (or v1.13 if you're using D2SE)? Vanilla D2 is v1.14 nowadays, so if someone played Vanilla online with your computer or you're using a recent install from Blizzard's discs, then the best solution would be downloading Ensley03's HU FileTree (comes with v1.6 folder in the Mods folder). A LoD version other than 1.10 (or beyond v1.13 if using D2SE) would probably cause the error you're seeing.

Which gateways are available for you to choose from at the Main Menu (I'd expect only Arimyth is available, and is selected)? This is not the same as the realm select option at the character select screen (I'd expect only HU is available, and is selected). A non-Arimyth gateway could probably cause the error you're seeing.

Just to confirm:
  • You're using D2SE.
  • In the D2SE mods folder, you've got a folder for HUv1.7b.
  • In that HUv1.7b folder you've extracted one of the download packages (MP_NoMusic_NormRes, etc) and have about 32 (NormRes) or 34 (HighRes) files or folders in that mod folder. You don't have to run d2ModSetup.bat or do anything else after extraction, just run D2SE (some of the files are for non-D2SE players).
  • You're double-clicking the HUv1.7 banner in the D2SE menu (an obvious long-shot, but to be fair if you attempted to contact Arimyth with another mod selected, you'd surely have issues :). I'm not even sure that's easily possible)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:47 pm 

Yes to all your questions, but I did not check the base version to see if anything had changed.

Additional information: I can play single player with no troubles (it's just harder bc mp install). The core files are for 1.10f Diablo 2 LOD.

This is the value that the hu.reg file assigned when I double clicked it, to be sure. These match what is in D2SE_Setup.ini.

Battle.net Gateways

bnetd.arimyth.com

Diablo II Battle.net gateways

bnetd.arimyth.com
Arimyth Network

I can try turning on the following line in the same .ini file:

#D2Extra 1=Use D2Extra on startup make sure you have the correct version for your D2 Core!
ModUseD2Extra=0

Edit: I think I know what happened. I'm going to test something out. EDIT: There are a bunch of new files in my core installation of D2 that were put there when I installed the launcher for Median XL. I think those altered the files such that I can no longer connect. I'm going to try a fresh installation.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:24 pm 

Ever figure this out?
Friend is having the same problem, can't connect but hes not using D2SE.
Confirmed he had 1.10v before HU install.
Confirmed registry is changed.
Confirmed single player works fine.

Anything else we can try?

Offline Profile