Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:37 pm

Post subject: Limit number of private games
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:52 pm 

So i heard a server is down and it is causing most of the line-up problems.

But I think the real problem is with the private games.

Right now, the realm status pg shows significantly more passworded games than public games (eg: out of 19 games listed under zero-lag, 15 are private games, and 4 public).

Those playing private games are clogging up the servers and preventing other players from playing the game. eg: there is no game up for nightmare SC ladder, so I tried to create a game, but there's a lineup, and I'm still waiting

I think it's time for HU servers to limit the number of private games, like max of 3~4 private games allowed per server, so they don't clog up the servers.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Limit number of private games
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:19 pm 

i think if the number of privates was limited then we would lose players cause some will not play public i don't think private games is the bigest problem its players going afk or idle in games for a long period of time i mean like 4 hrs or more without moveing or leaving game seen games up for 8 hrs or longer... that the problem and there is also 80 to 100 players on sometimes...or leaving mules in a gamefor a long period of time...i counted 13 out of 41 games made are private with just 1 player i see nothing wrong with private games most have 3 to 5 players in them

Offline Profile