Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:50 am

Post subject: How to make Gold?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:30 pm 

Hi Got a good question, How does one make gold to craft?

gold find and killing side bosses? Please let me know would be Great!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: How to make Gold?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:53 am 

If you have a barb with find item "hork" skill, congratulations, you got the best gold finder: Go inner cloister wp ( act 1 ), kill all champions and the supernamed quill rat boss ( flamespike the crawler or smthin like that ), hork'em all. Now go Mortanius HellSoul on Cathedral, kill him and hork him. (edit: gold find equipment required for the best success ).
2 x Glittering Suns ( unique HighLand Blades ) on switch wpns, w/ 3xLem rune each sword . If you dont have cash enough for that , try 2x alibaba ( unique tulwar ).

If you dont have a barb with gold, there are two ways to get massive amounts of gold Ive tried so far:
a) King Leoric runs. Greedy! (edit: gold find equipment required for the best success )
b) Go River of Flame ( act4 ) wp and kill those two superunique bosses ( the corspe-spitter and the grotesque ), pick up all yellow boots, armors, shields , and gloves you encounter and sell them. It takes some time to though, but selling em on hell lvl will give u almost 100k for each item. Tricky!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:29 pm 

i use my wind druid since i dont have a horker. Keep in mind i pick up all rares and high selling magics(chest armors etc) then sell them to NPC in town. When both cube/inventory is full, go to the NPC with highest sell amount and toss you cube on the floor to drop all items. Sell accordingly.

the fastest runs with most champions, that i do without running far from wp:

Outer Cloister (A1): A TON of champs once you go to the entrance of the building.
Inner Cloister (A1): Same as above, but with Mort. Don't forget to open the room left of wp, sometimes a nice group of champ mages in there.
Trav (A3): That flying bug thing is a good rare/money dropper. If you can handle General and his army of champs ($$$$) go ahead =P.
All of A4: Every wp in A4 is covered with a unique and its minions. Sometimes a good number of champs also.
Eldritch (A5): Nice area. Along with the Unique himself, there are a ton of champs if you're willing to clear around the Catapult of Pwnage or w/e.

Everything else is too hard for my wind druid lol.

I can get between 1-2 mill with my gear. Naj armor 4 wirts legacy (LOL) +200% mf and +200%gpm(gold per monster)
Boots: 30%mf/74%gpm
Chance guard gloves: Dun remember lol
Kiras: 4 wirts... same as armor.
some crud rings... and i think thats it.

That concludes my money run =P. I do it in nm though. i haven't updated my a5 merc yet, so i cant handle hell.

Good Luck and hoped i helped.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:04 pm 

http://img195.imageshack.us/i/screenshot009kt.jpg/

Shitty run, normally drops 2x 1.3-1.5 mil stacks, sometimes more, sometimes less.

Either way, mass GF on a barb, run NM leoric(he's easy, fast, not hard to find), hork it for double gold.

Offline Profile