Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:15 pm

Post subject: LOS in Solo Edition is Freakishly Impossibly Difficult!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:25 pm 

I remember playing HU maybe about 2-3 years ago back when IK set was still an exceptional set before it was upgraded to the elite set as it is today. I was able to pass through each level of difficulty with just the right amount of toughness. I was also able to work my way through Land of Shadows and Sammy with just the right amount of toughness. It was hard, but not impossible.

Yesterday I finally leveled my barb to 100, with all the best equipment i could find, and a inventory full of Rejuvs. I cleared out a sizeable place to fight without attracting anymore enemies. So this is when i started dying A LOT!

Anti Hero I encountered
1. Druid: 1 hit KO....With the combo of fury, tornadoes, volcanoes. I wasn't able to survive 1 hit from this guy! So i lead him as far as i can
2. Paladin: 3-4 Hit KO...I'll get KO'd of i try to go in for an attack. If i run around in circles then i can take a few more hits (but whats the point if you cant attack)
3. Necro: 3-4 Hit KO: I either end up killing myself or I'd get KO if i go in for an attack

After this the entire place started to get very messy...Anti Heros were mixing with other anti heros, and that pretty much ended my LOS run.

My Equipment
Dhorns, (Rubies x 2 )
tyreals, (Rubies x 3, Ber x 1)
Eth Thundermaul, (Judgement)
IK boots,
IK gauntlets,
Colossal Girdle
Constricting ring

Stats:
Life: 15400K
Defense: 37k
Concentrate Damage 11k-36K
WW Damage: 10K - 32K

Resistance:
1. Max Resistance
2. Max DR

Any suggestions would be grateful, if not then i guess this is as far as my barb can go besides 1 more level up... Many Thanks!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: LOS in Solo Edition is Freakishly Impossibly Difficult!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:51 pm 

What is your leech at?
Is that your life after buffs?

Your defense is too low also.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:31 pm 

your life should be at around 25k, especially as a barb.

defense at 37k does seem kinda low too as kobra mentioned... try to find an absolute zero unique staff (forget which base... may be an elder staff)...it has a frozen armor oskill which will up that defense to at least 60k or more.

your biggest problem i think is the life. instead of filling your inventory with rejuvs, it should be filled with small charms ranging from 17-20 life. Carry a cube with you and have that filled with the rejuvs. lets say you get 50 20-life small charms. thatll net you an extra 1k base life, which then gets multiplied by BO, INC stamina, and any maximum% life you have. It could net you an extra 3-4k life.

You need max DR%. IK gloves arent a great idea either. Id rather go with a ruby crafted set of gloves (more life, they give CB). IAS not on the weapon doesnt affect WW. Constriction ring isnt spectacular either, but if you are lacking in the rest department then itll be your only choice. ruby crafted rings work the best (life, strength, leech).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:13 pm 

even my barb with dhorn and uber rubies and life charms my life won't reach 25K. he does, however, need at least 20k

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:28 pm 

Quote:
blah blah blah

You need amp!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:41 pm 

FuryCury wrote:
Quote:
blah blah blah

You need amp!

*scratches head*

last i checked, amp doesnt help you survive 1-shot hits

if youre not getting enough life, its because youve invested too much into str/dext.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:43 pm 

Decrep maybe? Eth exe justice would fit that bill.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:52 pm 

Utter wrote:
Decrep maybe? Eth exe justice would fit that bill.

decrep would help and is probably better than any source of amp you can get in a solo edition (most of the amp procs and amp wands arent higher than level 5 i think), adding also slow and reducing damage. however, im not sure if it reduces all damage types. it may only reduce monster melee damage, in which case the big hits in los (nado, bone spear, etc) are unaffected. the slow still could work though. im unsure of what damage types decrep lowers.

in any case, you are going to need more life. get a lot of life small charms, or get yourself a nice set of barb mastery lifers.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:09 pm 
Game Server Host

decrep lowers all damages, elemental and magic included. You can test it by having someone cast it on you and checking before and after damage. All damage was always lowered if a monster cast it on e. Same as weaken cures.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:54 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
decrep lowers all damages, elemental and magic included. You can test it by having someone cast it on you and checking before and after damage. All damage was always lowered if a monster cast it on e. Same as weaken cures.

yea i was gonna do that to test, but i seem to be having issues with my hu connection. good to know though.

only thing though is that WW doesnt proc anything on striking, so youll have to whack them with another skill (conc or leap attack or bash) to get your curse active before you can spin

Offline Profile