Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 pm

Post subject: FPS issues
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:53 pm 

Hey, anyone else getting some FPS issues? Haven't played in a few weeks and I come back and am getting capped at 26fps in game. FPS starts out as normal around ~200 or so and drops down to 25-26 within a few seconds. Nothing changed on my end. Just wondering if anyone has or has had the same issue. Thanks.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: FPS issues
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:09 am 

A few patches ago I started getting ridiculous fps issues when I have the character screen open. That goes away when I play in windowed mode (as well as the other graphical lag issues caused by multiple summoners, etc)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:31 pm 

slappyNuts wrote:
A few patches ago I started getting ridiculous fps issues when I have the character screen open. That goes away when I play in windowed mode (as well as the other graphical lag issues caused by multiple summoners, etc)

Hum, I am playing windows mode. Character screen is fine, everything works just perfect until about 3-5 seconds after I am in a game. Drops to ~25 fps. Was playing for months without issue and came back to this after taking a few weeks off. I notice that two servers are up now, wondering if anyone else gets any fps issues when connecting to that server? Might just be me, I haven't been on that much to ask around so I am just shooting in the dark on my side.

Edit: Problem found. Display stutters only after /FPS command is active. Removing /fps screen from showing disables ingame FPS problems. Silly thing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:46 pm 

I've never heard of that before. You sure you are running in Glide 3D? If you use directdraw or direct3D you will get shit FPS unless your computer is from 1999. I leave the FPS counter on all the time to see if I'm getting any skip issues.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:55 pm 
Game Server Host

D2 only draws 25 frames per second, so anything above that is wasted. If you are dropping below 25, try setting the priority to high in task manager. (IIRC one of the plugins had a minor memory leak so that might be the cause if you are below 25)
As long as you are at 25 though, you're not dropping any frames, so I wouldn't be too concerned. :)

Offline Profile