Post subject: State of HU?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:11 pm 
Site Admin

How's Hell Unleashed these days?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: State of HU?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:23 am 

holy shit. a ghost. :)

The community gets ramped up for patches when they are released now. After a few weeks it dies back down. There have been been a lot set/unique changes. Revamped skills / Revamped potions (no more godmode)

You have a special boss named after you. All of that good stuff.... :) Good to see you're around.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:09 pm 

the hp value restructuring is pretty cool. Sorcs and necs get good hp per vita

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:41 pm 

Overall, to make it simple, the patch kept going average per season but an unfornuate patchwork went wrong and community went down into red numbers (the patch before the actual patch), the current patch its really good and kinda revived the mod, but HU its still injured, and this patch needs some tweaks that are kinda already done, just waiting for the next season's update.

hunterAS wrote:

:lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:50 pm 

still in love with Hu but we need a population of players for it to proceed smoothly :) all that wolfs said is true
'-'
have a nice day.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:26 am 

I haven't been able to fight much more than the spambots in too long.
Wolf said it well.
A lot of us that have played the hell out of this mod, thanks to you, have generally had real life take over, so can't play nearly as much.
There are still new people finding the mod, or long time lurkers pop up and ask about the newest patches.
A lot of quality of life improvements have been made as well since you left it to the commmunity. A few snafoos left it lingo state. Mrawskard did a whole bunch to put the game back into a pretty darn good state. He has another patch that is 'nearly done' but it will probably be a bit until he can wrap things up.

hunterAS wrote:

That's not a ghost, it's a skeleton king.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:22 pm 

It's changed a lot since you left it. Some good, some bad, some indifferent. However a lot of the players are still around if not busy with life. Hell, I think since you've left, I've had a kid, gotten 3 promotions, a commission, and a new job as a pilot :P I certainly hope that life has been as kind to you good sir. It's nice to see you're still among the living.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:50 am 

WHOA. Mathematics was just poking around here. Check out what he has done! http://snej.org/forum/index.php?topic=4 ... #msg776068
He just released 2.0 Aftermath mod. Thanks for the community you created. Been with it from the start. You cannot imagine how much drama and shit you missed out on. A literal roller coaster with HU.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:23 pm 

Kannli and Snickers, I'm pretty sure I remember you guys from like 10 years ago haha. Soulmancer as well, good to hear from you again. I'm randomly poking around seeing what's up myself.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:33 am 

SOULMANCER WAS HERE OMG <3

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:31 am 

HELL, there he is.

I suppose he was just paying for the server :geek:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:04 am 

I keep waiting for next patch at this point

Nursing school has sort of taken over my life right now but im just waiting to play a hydra sorc once its fixed :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:37 am 

Give it a reset, even if no new patch. :P Gets people playing again.

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:44 pm 

The state of HU? Like this...

Forever alone to the max.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:48 pm 

HU wasn't meant to last as long as it did honestly. It was the creativity, and balance of Soulmancer that kept the game fun long enough to stay alive as it did. When minor changes occured through patching everything seemed to be okay, but when the game became completely orchestrated around big parties, and much harder with recent changes then it was just bound to die. You change too much of something that is already good then it is going to die so you can't be surprised the community is in the state it is in.

Mathematcis darkside is a prime example of this. He had a lot of creativity, and innovation but there was never any proper balance in his mod, and there was just too much innovation, and too many changes. You need to find the right balance between creativity, and innovation and people just have way too many ideas, and perceptions of how they want this mod to be.

It was perfect when Soulmancer was in charge of balancing, and patching but once everyone decided to get their hands on running HU it slowly died, and dwindled out because there's no real motivation from the community to play a game that is not how it use to be.

Ladder resets won't change anything honestly because the game is in such a bad condition from all the changes.

But people also get busy wit their lives, move on, get bored etc.

Offline Profile