Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:59 am

Post subject: Oh lawd.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:45 pm 

What's all this now. Saw a post on reddit with some guy making the easy version made me wanna come check in on everyone.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Oh lawd.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:57 pm 

what's crackin homie!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:45 pm 

Not much just being full time dad and filthy casual gamer. Progress on new patch? I feel like I wanna play again.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:33 pm 

i guess sytaris compiled a server side only patch that people are testing right now to nerf the 1-shottness of this patch, not sure when that is supposed to go live

i know mraw has some other nice work ready to go for an actual reset patch too, and kev has been lurking about so who knows what might happen

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:16 am 

I'm the guy making the easymode patch. I posted about it here: http://forum.arimyth.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8295

I discovered what you guys mean about 1shotness yesterday. My lv91 TestZon was getting pummeled by that boss in the Inner Cloister, and couldn't even take Mephisto. In Normal.

So, yeah, I'll be playing around with the monster txt files.

Also, I mean no disrespect by making the easymode patch. I just don't enjoy the grindy-farmy parts of Diablo, whether we're talking vanilla, HU, or any other mod. I don't have a billion hours to spend playing a game every week, so I'm trying to make a fast-track mode that I can play for a few hours a week with a dedicated gaming group, and still beat Normal within a month.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:34 am 

you're not alone sako, sounds like you're actually going about the changes the exact same way as the people fixing this patch.

makes me sad to see the community split at all since it's small already, you should try to coordinate with sytaris/purerage/pious and maybe help work on a realm patch instead of doing redundant work :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:39 pm 

I agree with Slappy. Everyone should focus their efforts towards one polished product, and when thats ready, we can post it to reddit, forums, etc to try to get a bit of a community back.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:25 pm 

[quote="slappyNuts"]you're not alone sako, sounds like you're actually going about the changes the exact same way as the people fixing this patch.

makes me sad to see the community split at all since it's small already, you should try to coordinate with sytaris/purerage/pious and maybe help work on a realm patch instead of doing redundant work :)[/quote]

When no one responded to the post I linked to, I just guessed that the forums weren't really interested in general. I talked with Nug online and he said he's only interested in something that would work for hardcore. I think that my goals are different from the goals for the community patch.

That said, I'll happily share what work I do, if anyone's interested in adapting any of it.

Besides altering the item drop ratios, gambling ratios, drop picks, and gold proportions, I've...

Done a few text changes (to better explain the Strategy skill lockout, fix typos I noticed, etc.)

Made gems, sockets, and runes sold by the key merchants (and lowered the gold prices)

Made all unique and set bows shoot either explosive or freezing arrows (to prevent arrow quantity loss)

Changed the monster EXP ratios (to make leveling go much faster)

Made X Sockets more versatile and powerful (allowing up to 6 sockets on any item that can have 6, depending on how many X Sockets you use)

I tried fixing errors I saw in skills.txt, but whatever things are hard-coded elsewhere totally screwed up a bunch of skills as a result.

So, I don't know if the kind of changes I'm making would be useful to anyone for the realm patch.

Edit: I should also note that I'm altering the mod to be just for one difficulty. I'm not planning on having the game group go through Nightmare and Hell, just Normal.

Edit 2: I put up a patch file on Google Drive, and that's probably the last I'm going to mess with it. The new realm patch has a lot more going into it than I know how to do right now, I'm not familiar with HU's coded .dll parts, and I'm interested in learning more about modding and making a vastly different mod based on different concepts. I'm much more of a low-magic D&D-style player than skill spammer or hack&slasher, so I'd like to make a mod that's more in that style.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:52 am 

I'd be interested in playing the open bnet but as my brother Nug said and as I've mentioned in the email group I'm just really focused on hardcore... although you could play softcore and reroll if you die it's really not the same feel or intensity whatsoever

However, still interested in your updates

Cheers,
- JK

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:59 pm 

I played hardcore once. Never died just got left behind because I didn't play lol.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:11 pm 

gotta bring a sc buddy and plan to duo, but pick up a +1 or +2 when you do act bosses (or the sub bosses, since they're all harder now)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:53 am 

OR I JUST GO BEAST MODE... At least for normal.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:55 am 

The main reason I quit was because of how difficult the game has gotten. I really do not enjoy playing through the game at the current state it is at now. I find no enjoyment in playing SoftCore, and on HC I am not sure how far you can even progress with the current patch. I think the idea existed that the game should be more difficult and more balanced. I think hero balancing went very well this patch but the overall difficulty balancing was a disaster. I understand the desire and want to progress the mod in difficulty but making the game difficult to the extent it is now makes it hardly enjoyable. I feel like if the mod should be harder.. it should be harder at the stages that facilitate it being harder. They call it 'Normal, Nightmare, and Hell' for a reason. Norm and Nightmare should not be this difficult. If people want the mod to be more difficult then they should emphasize the later part of the game. Again I was extremely turned off on how difficult this patch was. I tried to maintain interest but lost it very quickly.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:39 pm 

Lee wrote:
The main reason I quit was because of how difficult the game has gotten. I really do not enjoy playing through the game at the current state it is at now. I find no enjoyment in playing SoftCore, and on HC I am not sure how far you can even progress with the current patch. I think the idea existed that the game should be more difficult and more balanced. I think hero balancing went very well this patch but the overall difficulty balancing was a disaster. I understand the desire and want to progress the mod in difficulty but making the game difficult to the extent it is now makes it hardly enjoyable. I feel like if the mod should be harder.. it should be harder at the stages that facilitate it being harder. They call it 'Normal, Nightmare, and Hell' for a reason. Norm and Nightmare should not be this difficult. If people want the mod to be more difficult then they should emphasize the later part of the game. Again I was extremely turned off on how difficult this patch was. I tried to maintain interest but lost it very quickly.

Or maybe harder difficulty should come with advanced boss mechanics, and not just scaling up damage to a point where no mitigation will ever save you, and forcing you into a room where you couldn't avoid anything even if you wanted because you barely have enough space to exist.

Offline Profile