Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:30 am

Post subject: Secret changes were made after 1.21z?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:13 pm 

Today I noticed that "Wonder" has been changed by one of the people running servers. They have modified the text files that their server is running. This means that either Soulmancer has requested the change and didn't feel like telling anyone, or that one of the server admins is changing things for some other reason.

I've attached a picture that shows the older version of "Wonder" which has level 50 Blizzard/FOrb, and the newer version that now has level 40 skills.

I'd really like to know why this change was made. What other changes have been made recently?

Attachments:
Wonder_Changes.JPG
Wonder_Changes.JPG [ 63.06 KiB | Viewed 4845 times ]
 Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Secret changes were made after 1.21z?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:40 pm 

level50 is what i see in my local files and is what it is supposed to be as far as I know.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:44 am 

Yeah, level 50 is what it was if you made the runeword a while ago. It's a shame the damage for level 40 skills drops by about 26% (28% drop for Blizz, 23% for FOrb), which really affects the Convictor build (but maybe not the FrostBite build). The weapon was the main item to use during NM for Convictors, since it doesn't do a lot in Hell (2.5k Blizz even stacked 2-3 times isn't even 10k dps). It should still be alright for easier trash (not berzerks, wyrms, multiple named-groups, etc) until about A2 Hell. It's unfortunate that when someone made the changes, they didn't put in any of the requested changes to the item, like replenish-durability.

Anyways, what's important is what other changes have been made. Maybe "Penitence" was fixed? That would be nice. Maybe "War" no longer has IncreasedStamina, or "Enigma" lost teleport? Maybe only the niche-items were changed. I dont' have the runes to test much, but if we had the revised text files, then Critter's site could be updated.

I've been able to test "Bramble" on Duffs server, and it appears to be unchanged. 1 item down, lots more to go. I haven't heard of any crafted item being changed, so hopefully people won't get any surprises there.

I was hoping that this thread would be answered quickly, but I guess the server hosts either aren't coming forward, or just havn't responded for some other reason. I hope this isn't the start of the DS split again. It would suck if, like in the DS version of HU, the server hosts starting making their own personal items that only they would know about.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:49 am 

PureRage would probably be the most likely to respond. I sent a msg to Duff yesterday, but he must be busy as he hasn't gotten back to me.

If PureRage posts up the runes.txt file I can update Critter with the accurate information.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:25 pm 
Game Server Host

you need runes.txt from my server package yeh?
any others you might need let me know today as i've been busy with work this last week and probs a week or 2 more to come so i may not be on much.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:59 pm 

Runes.txt might be enough, since it's only confirmed that some runewords have been changed.

I was really hoping that someone would have a list of the new changes, so that we weren't guessing about which files are needed to update Critter's site. For now we'll just have to wait for people to find or create items until they stumble upon a change.

Offline Profile