Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 am

Post subject: 1.42 - class-specific love suggestions?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:17 pm 

I think it would be really awesome if class-specific items could be changed, beefed up, and just overall improved. Somewhat of an "overpowered" base item that has great potential in 1 slot for each class.

Barb helms - These are often discarded entirely late game due to the power of circlets, and since they can't be gambled, you are very unlikely to ever find one that is as good as a circlet. How about taking a concept from D3 and change them to 'Mighty Belts'. These have more armor than other belts, drop with Barb skills, drop as magic/rare, but cannot be crafted. These could also drop with DR% and very high values of MDR and life. A normal/exceptional/elite version of them could be created as unique.

Druid helms - Similar to the Barb helm issue, these could be changed to gloves. These have more armor than other gloves, drop with Druid skills, drop as magic/rare, but cannot be crafted. These could also drop with IAS%, DR%, and very high values of MDR and life. A normal/exceptional/elite version of them could be created as unique.

Necro Shields - increase armor values.

Paladin Shields - increase armor values.

Amazon weapons:
Bows - Increase damage of normal and exceptional versions. When is the last time anyone ever used a Stag Bow? These do 12-16 damage at level 20. A long battle bow does 8-23 and is only 10% slower. If you are level 20+ and any rare amazon bow drops, you should be excited that these have a chance of being some of the best items. They should also be more likely to give +2 or +3 bow/xbow skills.
Spears - Slight damage increase across the board.
Javelin - Lower level requirements from 25/55/75 to 18/45/65

Assassin Claws - Slight damage increase starting with Scissors Katars.
NEW Assassin boots - It is a bit unfair that the class weapon for Assassins is what you are forced to use anyway. Assassin boots have higher armor and kick damage than normal boots, but they come with a high dexterity requirement to wear. These can drop as magic/rare, but cannot be crafted. They can drop with Assassin skills - up to +3 in 2 different skills, but they might only drop with +1 to 1 skill. They have a chance of dropping with DR%, IAS%, very high MDR or life, along with other standard bonuses.

Sorceress Orbs - Normalize the skill bonuses that these drop with (i.e. a level 78 Eldritch Orb will not drop with +3 to Charged Bolt...)
*STAVES* These are not technically class items, but they might as well be.
Normalize the skill bonuses that these drop with, and increase the likelihood of these granting +2-3 to 3 different skills to make them have a chance at being more useful than Orb/Shield (I'm aware of the new 25% faster animation with staves, but I don't think that is enough for them to make a real comeback.)

I don't know how to create the art for these new class items, but clearly some people around here do. I can help create stats/levels/names. Druid gloves could look super cool with animal hide looks, Assassin boots could have spikes on them and stuff, and Barb belts could just look really big and beefy with skulls on them and stuff.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: 1.42 - class-specific love suggestions?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:46 pm 

its kinda weird that necro items drop with +3 to 1-2 skills but other class specific items dont as much ~

Offline Profile