Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:36 am

Post subject: LOS Questions
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:03 pm 

Hello All ...I have a couple of questions for someone out there if anyone knows. Me and a friend recently made it to LOS and have gotten to the last stage where the Anti heros come out. We have killed most of the monsters in the area ...ater many deaths lol, but we cant even seem to touch the druid ? He just like instantly one hits us and thats with our characters having 20k life and 100k defense at level 99 and 100.

Question #1 - Will other character classes be in this final stage once we kill the druid? If we ever are able too? Or is there only one character class per LOS run?

Question # 2 - Anyone have any suggestions on a strategy that might work? I am not asking anyone to do it for us but ratrher some helpful suggestions.

Thanks

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: LOS Questions
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:41 pm 
Game Server Host

all 7 char class anti-hero's are in the center in there. The druids aggressive AI means he is usualy one of the first to charge out at you. The assasin has a deadly 1 hit ko attack in her arsenal too. The druids main power is from the 2 tornados coming out at once. Both deal around 10k damage. So 20k all in all if you are in his face. thats before he uses any other attacks like fury/volcano etc. He claimed the life of my level 99 paladin early on in the season. With 27k life, Max dr% and fire absorb he minced him up in what looked like a single hit. It was actualy a combination of super fast fury with 2 tornados and volcano under me. There was nothing I could do as it seemed to all go off at the same time and that was the end of that chapter as they say. Had I known I was still able to knock him back I would have used diff tactics but everyone was told "the anti-heros are now knockback immune". I would have pinned him against a wall had I known that...
They are beatable with a good team. IIRC Pious has done a clear LoS run this season on hc. It's not just one of them in there though, the rest are still waiting in the center.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:21 pm 

Thanks for the information ...Unfortunatly the server crashed on the game we were in so we were never able to attempt that strategy. I did however teleport into the middle and was able to locate the paly. I cant even imagine anyone attempting this on HC they must be an outstanding player. I am of course attempting it on SC and I am by no means a great player but I would consider myself an average to slightly below average player and I died like over 20 times. So my hats off to anyone who can do it on HC.
I would like to get a SC party together and re attempt it if anyonre is interested ?? Or if someone else is doing it and would allow me and one friend to assist so we could see it done that would be kool as well.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:35 pm 

yea hes good and hes done a full run at least once (maybe more iirc, havent talked to him lately). but it takes a team. you wont be going in there solo and clearing everything.

one thing you will no doubt need is at least 20k life i think (it may need to be more though, like around 25-30k). the moves simply do too much damage even with complete sorb/dr/res etc. Im not sure if that amount is necessary, but you wont be surviving with anything under 10k life...everything will kill you in one shot if you have that little. Aim for 25k i think, then assemble a good party who knows what role each and everyone is playing. Dont go in there with people who have never been in there or dont know anything about it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:00 pm 

If you can get a Blazer to assist, she should make quick work of any non-fire immune boss. Blaze is great for anything that chases you into the fire, or anything that can be pushed into the fire via knock-back.

With a Blazer, you don't actually need to tank a boss that chases, just run through the flames long enough and they'll die. Maybe hit the boss occasionally with a slow-target weapon to keep their heal timer going and keep them slower than the Blazer.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:12 pm 

i got a question -- does the number of players in los make a difference

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:25 pm 

mrporter wrote:
i got a question -- does the number of players in los make a difference

more players in game means more monster life.

iirc, theres also a hardcoded damage increase for higher number of players... something like 4% per extra player in game as well. this im not 100% about, but ive heard from some gurus in other mods that d2 has a small damage increase for higher amounts of players.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:22 pm 

http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Player_Settings

So if HU changes only hp then more ppl = more dmg

Offline Profile