Login | Register


All times are UTC - 5 hours


It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:30 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Tired about frequent updating...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:44 pm 

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:09 pm
Posts: 23
That means I need to update my language translation every time when updates... I don't have such time to do these... (incl.keep focus on updating, cuz I'm not always on foreign forums or in realm game)

And it seems that some players don't like the recent changes, huh?

I hope that the updating shall be stable (at least for 3 months) and everyone won't get so tired, yeah?

Just some opinions :D we just want a better game experience.

BTW, now who is keeping updating of the mod?


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tired about frequent updating...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:48 pm 
Game Server Host
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 am
Posts: 4291
Sorry you need to update strings. I imagine it's extremely time consuming.
:shock:

You are welcome to stick with 1.41c. This doesn't have to go through, it's up to everyone to decide if they want it or not.

There will either be a new patch and no other updates for 6+ months, or there will be no other updates for 6+ months.

I get that people are annoyed there's gonna be ANOTHER reset and patch so soon after the last one. It's just as annoying for me, believe me.

_________________
Bron wrote:
There's no cure for being a cunt.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tired about frequent updating...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:37 pm 

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:09 pm
Posts: 23
PureRage-DoD wrote:
Sorry you need to update strings. I imagine it's extremely time consuming.
:shock:

You are welcome to stick with 1.41c. This doesn't have to go through, it's up to everyone to decide if they want it or not.

There will either be a new patch and no other updates for 6+ months, or there will be no other updates for 6+ months.

I get that people are annoyed there's gonna be ANOTHER reset and patch so soon after the last one. It's just as annoying for me, believe me.


Strings are just fine cuz I got easy program written... But I'm just annoying with the frequently updates.

Instead of sticking with the strings, I'd better wait for the coming up version(?)

And at last, I'm just seeking for an official certification of my Simplified Chinese Translation so that I could officially introduce this mod to the Great China area players :D

So another BTW, there's a MOD based on HU 1.3g (in China, for Solo/Realm) and it uses the old-odd translation so I have to manage that as well. A hard work!


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tired about frequent updating...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:50 pm 

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:29 am
Posts: 525
this will be the last patch for a very long time. i've spoken with duff and we all agree that frequent updates are a headache. this was the only reset where constant updates have been needed, and its been quite frustrating for everyone.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tired about frequent updating...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:08 pm 

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:15 pm
Posts: 523
Pious wrote:
this will be the last patch for a very long time. i've spoken with duff and we all agree that frequent updates are a headache. this was the only reset where constant updates have been needed, and its been quite frustrating for everyone.
Uh, I'd beg to differ this is the only patch where frequent updates have happened, I'll agree. There was at least one previous patch that should have been updated and altered, but the one who did the work was arrogant and refused to see it as a failure (1.3a). What I see is this patch was started by one person, finished and compiled by another, possibly 2-3 others helping. It felt rushed together and unfinished. A quick update soon followed then another, followed by possibly a third resulting in what we're playing atm. Now comes yet another (thanks to all who have worked on these patches btw I know it's time consuming) to fix issues brought about in a,b, and c versions.

I've played since 1.21z, this patch has been the most frustratingly tedious version to date, even with the bladesin bug. Monster moving to new homes, not a really big deal, shrinking areas and making them stronger makes casual players suffer and inordinate amount of frustration due in part to community size. As is right now, most areas you can't back up and regroup without a S/E, really shitty. I don't play nearly as much as I used to due to work schedule, difficulty finding groups. If I had a vote, I'd grab 1.3c and give it a tweak, making some balance fixes. Too many things changing all at once is not a good idea IMO.

_________________
"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits" Albert Einstein


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tired about frequent updating...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:56 am 

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:58 pm
Posts: 106
kwikster wrote:
...making them stronger makes casual players suffer...


I never liked quoting parts of someone's post, but this time I don't have anything else to respond to. Seriously, what does this have to with being a casual? Basically, bosses oneshot you, regardless of what class you play or how you play it, unless you outlevel the content by 30-35 levels(and you have a ton of gear), and even then, you'll die in 2 hits tops. It really looks like a western movie if you ask me, where the one to shoot first gets to survive. I really hope these issues(yes, these ARE issues because it's stupid) will be solved in the next patch.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tired about frequent updating...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:29 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:37 pm
Posts: 17
the_apologizer wrote:
Basically, bosses oneshot you, regardless of what class you play or how you play it, unless you outlevel the content by 30-35 levels(and you have a ton of gear), and even then, you'll die in 2 hits tops. It really looks like a western movie if you ask me, where the one to shoot first gets to survive. I really hope these issues(yes, these ARE issues because it's stupid) will be solved in the next patch.


I can only confirm this with yesterdays events. We were stuck at Duriel NM, i called someone to help, then i got the usual answer that im a bladesin, just like that. So what? How does it help me not being 1shotted?
I told them it would take me 5-10 sec to kill him IF i could survive that long, so a summon dudu decided to join us, guess what happened?
Dunno exactly how many minions he got but duri started to kill them one by one, his minions died from 1-1 attack (not leap, just his regular attack), and then he ran out of minions, Duri attacked him and he died, just like that. One shot kill agains a lvl80+ (!) Bear form (!) dudu with oak buff (!), he just died, and this is only nightmare difficulty, and this took about 5-8 sec from entering his cave. Anyway i killed him (bladesin op kkthxbai), but here is my question:
How should this be managable with non op dps, like, how would you tank this for minutes long if a lvl80 bear dudu couldn't stand him for more than 8 secs?
How can you call this balanced?
Should i make a summoner (dudu or necro) with thorns on, or what? :D Is this really the only way?

There was far more viable builds and strategies against bosses in 1.3, just saying.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tired about frequent updating...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:46 am 

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:58 pm
Posts: 225
Alternalo wrote:
the_apologizer wrote:
Basically, bosses oneshot you, regardless of what class you play or how you play it, unless you outlevel the content by 30-35 levels(and you have a ton of gear), and even then, you'll die in 2 hits tops. It really looks like a western movie if you ask me, where the one to shoot first gets to survive. I really hope these issues(yes, these ARE issues because it's stupid) will be solved in the next patch.


I can only confirm this with yesterdays events. We were stuck at Duriel NM, i called someone to help, then i got the usual answer that im a bladesin, just like that. So what? How does it help me not being 1shotted?
I told them it would take me 5-10 sec to kill him IF i could survive that long, so a summon dudu decided to join us, guess what happened?
Dunno exactly how many minions he got but duri started to kill them one by one, his minions died from 1-1 attack (not leap, just his regular attack), and then he ran out of minions, Duri attacked him and he died, just like that. One shot kill agains a lvl80+ (!) Bear form (!) dudu with oak buff (!), he just died, and this is only nightmare difficulty, and this took about 5-8 sec from entering his cave. Anyway i killed him (bladesin op kkthxbai), but here is my question:
How should this be managable with non op dps, like, how would you tank this for minutes long if a lvl80 bear dudu couldn't stand him for more than 8 secs?
How can you call this balanced?


Should i make a summoner (dudu or necro) with thorns on, or what? :D Is this really the only way?

There was far more viable builds and strategies against bosses in 1.3, just saying.


Well to be fair, nightmare duriel is pretty damn easy to tank. My barb handles him very well. Hell duriel is another matter entirely. Duriel does mostly physical damage so max block and very high defense are mandatory to survive.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tired about frequent updating...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:00 am 

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:58 pm
Posts: 106
Riem821 wrote:
Well to be fair, nightmare duriel is pretty damn easy to tank. My barb handles him very well. Hell duriel is another matter entirely. Duriel does mostly physical damage so max block and very high defense are mandatory to survive.


Care to share a few stats of that barb which tanks nm Duriel? I'm really curious here. If you fall into the category I mentioned before(30-35 levels above the content in full gear), I'll automatically assume you're trolling.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tired about frequent updating...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:15 am 

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:09 am
Posts: 734
the_apologizer wrote:
Care to share a few stats of that barb which tanks nm Duriel? I'm really curious here. If you fall into the category I mentioned before(30-35 levels above the content in full gear), I'll automatically assume you're trolling.


Our barb in nm HC had max block, over 50% DR, and ~ 30k life, and was level 70 or so, which is a very appropriate level. Our group got to nightmare act 5 in HC without any bugged bladesins (no assassins at all) before the sins ran rampant and everyone quit. He's rather easy to deal with; you'll really start to run into issues in nightmare act 3, where the bosses start to dish damage out for 2 or 3 elements. If you don't have at least 25k life, max block, and big dr%, you're not beating him. Get yourself a lot of life and DR% gear, emeralds in helm and armor to achieve maximum block, and get yourself a big oak sage.

The patch was made for bigger groups of people to deal with (4-6) and that's what we ran. This upcoming patch 1.41D should alleviate the necessity of bigger groups and is focusing on making things a little more player-friendly in terms of boss damage and whatnot, so what's currently on the realm isn't really something to focus on. Boss damage was nerfed 20-30% in addition to having a bigger max res cap and max dr% cap, and most players received a small damage buff and life buff. It should be a bit easier once the realm is updated and reset.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tired about frequent updating...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:10 am 

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:58 pm
Posts: 225
muleofal wrote:
the_apologizer wrote:
Care to share a few stats of that barb which tanks nm Duriel? I'm really curious here. If you fall into the category I mentioned before(30-35 levels above the content in full gear), I'll automatically assume you're trolling.


Our barb in nm HC had max block, over 50% DR, and ~ 30k life, and was level 70 or so, which is a very appropriate level. Our group got to nightmare act 5 in HC without any bugged bladesins (no assassins at all) before the sins ran rampant and everyone quit. He's rather easy to deal with; you'll really start to run into issues in nightmare act 3, where the bosses start to dish damage out for 2 or 3 elements. If you don't have at least 25k life, max block, and big dr%, you're not beating him. Get yourself a lot of life and DR% gear, emeralds in helm and armor to achieve maximum block, and get yourself a big oak sage.

The patch was made for bigger groups of people to deal with (4-6) and that's what we ran. This upcoming patch 1.41D should alleviate the necessity of bigger groups and is focusing on making things a little more player-friendly in terms of boss damage and whatnot, so what's currently on the realm isn't really something to focus on. Boss damage was nerfed 20-30% in addition to having a bigger max res cap and max dr% cap, and most players received a small damage buff and life buff. It should be a bit easier once the realm is updated and reset.


My barb did nm duriel with 18k hp, 30% DMR and max block (When he was around 75 something). Dury does little to no damage in nm. Most bosses in nm are a joke with maxed absorb (meph especially). We didn't have the luxury of having a druid to oak.

It goes full retard in hell though. Summoner is pretty intense without a mental sin.

Did any of the HC guys make it hell?


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tired about frequent updating...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:35 am 

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:09 am
Posts: 734
If I remember correctly,the SC group was stuck in A2 NM and then started using more than one bladesin to carry through. So to say that it's possible to "tank" a boss in a fight that lasts only a few seconds is a bit misleading. I could be wrong, but I do remember the SC team being stuck and then out of nowhere was in late nightmare in a matter of a day or two. I haven't heard of any other group besides our HC group advancing far into nightmare without the use of a bugged bladesin.

A barb with 18k life is not making it past certain bosses in a3 and definitely none of the bosses in a4 nightmare - that's just the facts. Our sorceress had nearly 18k life by the time we hit a5. The elemental damage on some of those bosses is just too high to handle otherwise - absorbs have no effect if you die on the hit. People like Darkness and Amon with glacial spikes doing 15k life or DeSeis doing triple lightning damage is what you get in nightmare. Absorbs don't do anything to that damage unless you survive, and then you're still taking a huge chunk of damage.

Our group stopped at nightmare ancients and just never really got together again to continue. People quit/real life got in the way/moved onto other mods. It didn't help that bugged bladesins went rampantly abused by most everyone else except our group but that's the way it went.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tired about frequent updating...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:08 am 

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:58 pm
Posts: 225
muleofal wrote:
If I remember correctly,the SC group was stuck in A2 NM and then started using more than one bladesin to carry through. So to say that it's possible to "tank" a boss in a fight that lasts only a few seconds is a bit misleading. I could be wrong, but I do remember the SC team being stuck and then out of nowhere was in late nightmare in a matter of a day or two. I haven't heard of any other group besides our HC group advancing far into nightmare without the use of a bugged bladesin.

A barb with 18k life is not making it past certain bosses in a3 and definitely none of the bosses in a4 nightmare - that's just the facts. Our sorceress had nearly 18k life by the time we hit a5. The elemental damage on some of those bosses is just too high to handle otherwise - absorbs have no effect if you die on the hit. People like Darkness and Amon with glacial spikes doing 15k life or DeSeis doing triple lightning damage is what you get in nightmare. Absorbs don't do anything to that damage unless you survive, and then you're still taking a huge chunk of damage.

Our group stopped at nightmare ancients and just never really got together again to continue. People quit/real life got in the way/moved onto other mods. It didn't help that bugged bladesins went rampantly abused by most everyone else except our group but that's the way it went.


How the hell do you get a sorceress to 18k with nothing but BO?
What kind of witchcraft is this. NM darkness isn't difficult to tank. The only baal minion that has a chance to kill somebody is lazarus. The rest are pushovers.
Its possible to tank whoever is tanking the castle with max absorb. He still hits like a truck but with nothing but BO I could handle it, so a team with oak+BO and absorb would probably steamroll nightmare.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tired about frequent updating...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:15 am 
Game Server Host
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 am
Posts: 4291
+ Blades... Don't forget blades. I played with a bladesin in hell, using level 60 gear. It's hard to take anything seriously when a 6khp sin can run down to nihlathak and blow him up in 10 seconds. Tank is 100% useless with that kinda damage output in the party.

_________________
Bron wrote:
There's no cure for being a cunt.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tired about frequent updating...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:25 am 

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:09 am
Posts: 734
Riem821 wrote:
How the hell do you get a sorceress to 18k with nothing but BO? - Bo + Oak, but even 18k on a level 75 barb with just Bo is not very good, I think we had our barb sitting around 22-23k before Oak sage.
What kind of witchcraft is this. NM darkness isn't difficult to tank. The only baal minion that has a chance to kill somebody is lazarus. The rest are pushovers. - Again, prove to me that you did it without bladesins and I'll accept it, but to sit there and take glacial spike after glacial spike from darkness or Amon that do 15k life after 30+% cold absorb, weaken, and max resistances is tanking, not standing there and running around for a little while a bladesin demolishes him. None of those guys are pushovers at all if you're doing it legit.
Its possible to tank whoever is tanking the castle with max absorb. He still hits like a truck but with nothing but BO I could handle it, so a team with oak+BO and absorb would probably steamroll nightmare. - Max absorb doesn't save you from one shot kills and I'm sure there are things in the castle that can kill you one shot with a barb running 18k life.


Red. I don't really take anything of yours with any real truth to it because you guys were the first ones to abuse bladesins, and as far as I'm concerned you wouldn't have sniffed Hell if it weren't for that. Having MULTIPLE bladesins, not even just one, discredits anything you say.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tired about frequent updating...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:56 am 

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:58 pm
Posts: 225
muleofal wrote:
Riem821 wrote:
How the hell do you get a sorceress to 18k with nothing but BO? - Bo + Oak, but even 18k on a level 75 barb with just Bo is not very good, I think we had our barb sitting around 22-23k before Oak sage.
What kind of witchcraft is this. NM darkness isn't difficult to tank. The only baal minion that has a chance to kill somebody is lazarus. The rest are pushovers. - Again, prove to me that you did it without bladesins and I'll accept it, but to sit there and take glacial spike after glacial spike from darkness or Amon that do 15k life after 30+% cold absorb, weaken, and max resistances is tanking, not standing there and running around for a little while a bladesin demolishes him. None of those guys are pushovers at all if you're doing it legit.
Its possible to tank whoever is tanking the castle with max absorb. He still hits like a truck but with nothing but BO I could handle it, so a team with oak+BO and absorb would probably steamroll nightmare. - Max absorb doesn't save you from one shot kills and I'm sure there are things in the castle that can kill you one shot with a barb running 18k life.


Red. I don't really take anything of yours with any real truth to it because you guys were the first ones to abuse bladesins, and as far as I'm concerned you wouldn't have sniffed Hell if it weren't for that. Having MULTIPLE bladesins, not even just one, discredits anything you say.


First, every single one of our bladesins started with venom as their main source of damage. Then they realized something was wrong and Fury. Not a single one of them had claw mastery maxed.

Second, the HC crew made us look like fools by making posts saying weaken is terrible on the forum. We ran with decrepify because of that.

Third, my barb could tank the first 3 baal minions with ease. Without any absorb whatsoever. Defense and block go a long way.
Lazarus however is another matter entirely. Facetanking him is pure suicide and completely stupid. If you're getting hit by his spikes, you got serious issues. The best thing to do against him, and what we used to kill him, was me playing decoy and getting shot at while the rest of the team was shotting his back.

Fourth: I never said anything about act 4 bosses. After tanking meph, I told my team I needed to regear before progressing further but our bladesins wanted to push forward as much as possible before whatever was wrong with fury would get fixed. I didn't get to tank any boss in act 4. I got my gear done for ancients and I tanked those without too much trouble.

Fifth: There is nothing in castle that could oneshot my barb. Or my MA sin. That is a whole lot of assumptions you're making there mate.

And lastly: I didn't make a bladesin. I got stuck with my tank all ladder because that is what my team needed. I was the guy that stopped my teammates from getting killed by the boss. If I have to kite a boss to do that, I'll do it. If I have to act as a decoy, like I did with lazarus and summoner, I'll do it. If I have to facetank because the boss is impossible to kite, like glacia, I'll do it.


18k hp might not be very good to you HC guys, but I personally never made a character with that much HP before. It took me a whole lot of work to get there and you discrediting my efforts just for the sake of being a dick is pissing me off. I made 3 fucking barbarians trying to get a barb tanky enough to get through nightmare. I had an inventory full of hp charms by act4 normal. I crafted over 70 rings for my barb before getting what I wanted. I gold farmed, I crafted, I ran the cows to get a wirt set so I could get more for my buck. Nobody else in our softcore crew was willing to put as much time into gearing a barb as I was. If I hadn't gone tank, nobody would have done it. Fury or not, getting to hell was still a massive undertaking for our team.

Go to hell. I'm done arguing.

One last thing. Playing a bladesin and abusing a bladesin are two very different concepts.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tired about frequent updating...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:15 pm 

Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:12 am
Posts: 202
Riem821 wrote:
One last thing. Playing a bladesin and abusing a bladesin are two very different concepts.


lol


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tired about frequent updating...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:19 pm 

Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:59 am
Posts: 70
Alternalo wrote:

How should this be managable with non op dps, like, how would you tank this for minutes long if a lvl80 bear dudu couldn't stand him for more than 8 secs?
How can you call this balanced?


This was my character. He's still using Hsarus set and level 50 gear. Also I just went in there and stood afk. I could've eaten juvs. Duriel did not 1 shot my 13k hp. My cold res on that char is 20.

edit: its level 40 gear actually.

If I gear him up, yes, then I am able to tank him just fine. But that's not what we're discussing here, are we? Duriel is one of the bosses that seem to be working fine. It's the other areas that are broken. Baphomet, Thrack, Achmel and his crazy zerker army, and many others.

You can help make this patch better by testing the current patch that is under development! The more feedback we receive, the better the result will be and development will also be faster.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: