Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:34 pm

Post subject: Worst patch ever...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:58 am 

So the Catacombs level 4 entrance has Achmel and 8 Berserkers camping the entrance? Death before screen even loads. Sounds legit.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Worst patch ever...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:22 pm 

rekt

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:52 pm 

lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:04 pm 

rip rekt

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:29 pm 

Hopefully you weren't on HC, I realize the feeling can suck. When I started out this season I was duoing it with a barb/druid combo. I was prepped for the old boss :) but lag and the unexpectedness of the boss left me and my buddy dead. It happens. If you ever need advice shoot me a message on the realm hunter_AS (softcore) or hunterAS (hardcore)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:34 am 

!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:27 pm 

Actually this was the best patch ever.. it's just the community isn't as big as it use to be.. and the bladesin bug kind of ruined the ladder entirely due to how severely bugged they were.. but in terms of balancing/difficulty one of the best patches yet.. hopefully there won't be anymore disappointing bugs in the future.. if i had more time i would have committed to playing but this patch requires a shit ton of time/farm/effort to move through the game.. as well as a coordinated party of 3-4 preferably 4.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:51 pm 

Difference in opinion Lee... I think it's too tedious and makes the game feel like a chore. I think there is a happy medium between the difficulty of the last patch and this patch. Majority of players will agree... I feel bad for HC because they want something super hard.. while SC is more casual.. but I assure you there are more SC players than HC.

It's hard to cater between two groups... but I think there is definitely a happy medium with maybe pushing the needle to the harder difficulty.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:55 pm 

I was excited that a new patch came out for my favourite d2 mod, but after a few hours of playing i just realized that something went very wrong with it. (Didn't played since 1.3)

So right now i'm very disappointed with the changes, i'm sorry, but i must say whoever made the decisions on this patch, these changes ruined the whole mod.

1., Switching bosses for whatever reason, and most of them doesn't even make sense, like Glasya in Juggernauts vault or what happened to Leoric, why is Juggernaut in the wormhole and what does the worm doing in Sarina's temple?
2., All boss fights now about avoiding every single attack because any of them hits you you'll die, no matter what class you're playing, what you wear. You just killed all the mechanics that was right before, the tank, the healer and dps classes, they mean nothing now, i can kite longer with my ranged char, my friend dying from a single shot with 5.5k hp in normal (max resists). Are you insane? Whats the purpose of this? Why the hard work on this mod then? All those mechanics, those maps, like what for? I can make this challenge in original d2 in like 5 minutes of work, just pop up the editor and multiply all damage with 100, there you go.
3., The boss maps are pretty much all about setting a player in the smallest possible room with no escape or place to hide against an act boss with fullscreen aoe 1 hit kill attacks, again, what for? You're ruining the atmoshphere of the game with this.

I was expecting smaller, reasonable changes, not this...sorry but this is not enjoyable anymore.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:52 pm 

i like how i have to grind xp and gold and gear to go forward. its fun to go at a slower pace

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:24 pm 

Alternalo wrote:
I was excited that a new patch came out for my favourite d2 mod, but after a few hours of playing i just realized that something went very wrong with it. (Didn't played since 1.3)

So right now i'm very disappointed with the changes, i'm sorry, but i must say whoever made the decisions on this patch, these changes ruined the whole mod.

1., Switching bosses for whatever reason, and most of them doesn't even make sense, like Glasya in Juggernauts vault or what happened to Leoric, why is Juggernaut in the wormhole and what does the worm doing in Sarina's temple?
2., All boss fights now about avoiding every single attack because any of them hits you you'll die, no matter what class you're playing, what you wear. You just killed all the mechanics that was right before, the tank, the healer and dps classes, they mean nothing now, i can kite longer with my ranged char, my friend dying from a single shot with 5.5k hp in normal (max resists). Are you insane? Whats the purpose of this? Why the hard work on this mod then? All those mechanics, those maps, like what for? I can make this challenge in original d2 in like 5 minutes of work, just pop up the editor and multiply all damage with 100, there you go.
3., The boss maps are pretty much all about setting a player in the smallest possible room with no escape or place to hide against an act boss with fullscreen aoe 1 hit kill attacks, again, what for? You're ruining the atmoshphere of the game with this.

I was expecting smaller, reasonable changes, not this...sorry but this is not enjoyable anymore.

I completely agree.

Samhain as one of Baal's minions? Um, what? He belongs in the Realm of the Slain. Doesn't make any sense.

Also, the lack of lower resolutions seems lame. I understand that it's a lot more work, but, come on. These high resolutions look ugly and the top of the screen glitches out when you're running around.

I played a couple full playthroughs on earlier patches and that was what got me addicted. With due respect, I must say that, from the two hours I played with my old character, these changes make a mockery of the old HU.

:cry:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:49 am 

HUowns wrote:
I completely agree.

Samhain as one of Baal's minions? Um, what? He belongs in the Realm of the Slain. Doesn't make any sense.

Also, the lack of lower resolutions seems lame. I understand that it's a lot more work, but, come on. These high resolutions look ugly and the top of the screen glitches out when you're running around.

I played a couple full playthroughs on earlier patches and that was what got me addicted. With due respect, I must say that, from the two hours I played with my old character, these changes make a mockery of the old HU.

And you are playing 1.41d right now, but the comment you quoted was for 1.41c which was ten thousand times worse than the current state. Don't worry, it seems like it's going in the right direction.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:48 am 

This resolution is best. Lower is just diablo 2 lod classic one? 800x600.
Thack just can not be in inner cloister cmone bro some brick droped into smb. Make some hole in cloister very small like very so you will be swarmed by tornados. Anyway people skipp this boss often. Azmodan is fine but i m not huge fan.
Juggernaut is fine thou.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:17 am 

the_apologizer wrote:
HUowns wrote:
I completely agree.

And you are playing 1.41d right now, but the comment you quoted was for 1.41c which was ten thousand times worse than the current state. Don't worry, it seems like it's going in the right direction.

Ah. Well, I dunno.. I just can't believe that the bosses were moved around. Everything was perfectly placed previously. It almost seems like some kind of April Fool's joke. So what is in the Throne of the Dead if not Samhain? That is his domain. From what I read Coldworm is moved to Sarina's Temple? What the? Glasya, the Princess of Hell, in the Juggernaut's Lair?

As for the resolution though, I prefer the 800x600, since I'm so used to reg D2/Median XL. Not sure if others have the same issue, but on those high res options, the top of the screen bugs out when running.

Anyway, I'll definitely keep my eye on the forums. I do want to play again, record some videos, but.. I really can't help but prefer the older patches.

:?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:06 am 

The next patch is reverting the boss locations. Do not fear. :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:18 pm 

meh I can't complain I'd rather deal with achmel in act 1 then baal.. and mith being in sammy's spot is way easier haha.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:48 pm 

Mrawskrad wrote:
The next patch is reverting the boss locations. Do not fear. :)

Ah, Praise be to the Light!

I hope the Boss chambers are back to their original size too. Everything in that regard was great.

Well, I'm one of those people eagerly awaiting the Diablo III 2.1 patch. After I hit 700, I'll probably look into HU again!

:D

Offline Profile