Login | Register


All times are UTC - 5 hours


It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:13 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: So, Baphomet replaced Leoric?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:36 pm 

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:44 am
Posts: 84
I get that the game was supposed to be challenging buuut...

Image

Countess also threw around fireballs for ~900 damage. Thrack replaced Mortanus. So... wtf did I do wrong?


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: So, Baphomet replaced Leoric?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:23 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:40 pm
Posts: 15
Check this

http://forum.arimyth.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8016

_________________
Failing to succeed does not mean failing to progress.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: So, Baphomet replaced Leoric?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:18 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:42 am
Posts: 724
Death by misshapen :P no bueno.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: So, Baphomet replaced Leoric?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:32 pm 

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:44 am
Posts: 84
hunterAS wrote:
Death by misshapen :P no bueno.


No, death by 900 damage lightning in an act 1 zone. Against a 1.3k health bear.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: So, Baphomet replaced Leoric?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:49 pm 

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:09 am
Posts: 734
Oxygen wrote:
hunterAS wrote:
Death by misshapen :P no bueno.


No, death by 900 damage lightning in an act 1 zone. Against a 1.3k health bear.


Get some more life and resists. My assassin had more life than that and doesn't have the luxury of the massive %HP that shift and oak sage give, and in no way was she taking 900 damage per hit either, probably more like 300.

Gambling is the easy way around it, since champion packs drop huge gold piles.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: So, Baphomet replaced Leoric?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:52 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:42 am
Posts: 724
you were probably a much higher level as well al


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: So, Baphomet replaced Leoric?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:06 pm 

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:09 am
Posts: 734
hunterAS wrote:
you were probably a much higher level as well al


20 maybe? Level 22 max. 1.3 life on a bear form is easy by level 15 or so.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: So, Baphomet replaced Leoric?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:59 am 

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:44 am
Posts: 84
muleofal wrote:
hunterAS wrote:
you were probably a much higher level as well al


20 maybe? Level 22 max. 1.3 life on a bear form is easy by level 15 or so.


And tristram is a level ~14 zone. So maybe, just maybe something fucking stupid is occuring here. Something killing this game's normal progression curve, and killing the chances of any new players ever wanting to play, ever.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: So, Baphomet replaced Leoric?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:07 am 

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:09 am
Posts: 734
Oxygen wrote:
muleofal wrote:
hunterAS wrote:
you were probably a much higher level as well al


20 maybe? Level 22 max. 1.3 life on a bear form is easy by level 15 or so.


And tristram is a level ~14 zone. So maybe, just maybe something fucking stupid is occuring here. Something killing this game's normal progression curve, and killing the chances of any new players ever wanting to play, ever.


Considering that Baphomet/Leoric is/was never required for progression, it doesn't kill the curve. He's an optional boss. Leoric was no different and was definitely tougher than griswold/most of the other bosses in act1 in prior patches. I don't see the change there, it's just a different boss skin.

Is there a reason you're so hostile to everyone who disagrees with your view? It sounds like you're just not up for the challenge, things didn't go your way and you just decided to bitch like a little baby.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: So, Baphomet replaced Leoric?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:26 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:42 am
Posts: 724
I'm fully against the changes but yeah... Leoric could take on Andy without flinching lol... it's not meant for a lvl 15-25 character.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: So, Baphomet replaced Leoric?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:07 pm 

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:44 am
Posts: 84
muleofal wrote:
Considering that Baphomet/Leoric is/was never required for progression, it doesn't kill the curve. He's an optional boss. Leoric was no different and was definitely tougher than griswold/most of the other bosses in act1 in prior patches. I don't see the change there, it's just a different boss skin.

Is there a reason you're so hostile to everyone who disagrees with your view? It sounds like you're just not up for the challenge, things didn't go your way and you just decided to bitch like a little baby.


So, does that not defeat the purpose? Why even change those bosses if, as you've noted, they're not even necessary?

This just looks clunky, quickly thrown together, unoriginal and unpolished. It killed the curve for me because I moved a few inches north of the portal and the boss was there, and it killed me. If that'd happened a few years ago when I first started playing, I'd have given him 2-3 attempts then thrown the mod away. This is shit.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: So, Baphomet replaced Leoric?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:01 pm 

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:13 pm
Posts: 58
hunterAS wrote:
I'm fully against the changes but yeah... Leoric could take on Andy without flinching lol... it's not meant for a lvl 15-25 character.


come back at a higher level?


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: So, Baphomet replaced Leoric?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:12 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:42 am
Posts: 724
Pwlloth wrote:
hunterAS wrote:
I'm fully against the changes but yeah... Leoric could take on Andy without flinching lol... it's not meant for a lvl 15-25 character.


come back at a higher level?



Did you read my posts? That's what I'm saying... lol....


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: