Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 pm

Post subject: A question about the use of rejuvs
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:10 am 

Hi guys! I have a question.

Me and some buddies are starting up HU hardcore via hamachi. All three of us have played a little HU before on previous patches.

I'm making a dclaw sin, one of my buddies is making a healerdin with FoH, and the other is going to make a necromancer of some sort.

I'm familiar with txt file editing for LoD 1.10, so we are running the 1.4 patch with a few edits at the request of my friends (FoH still has bypass and doesn't get any damage bonus from Sanctuary, facets are disabled, ber gives no cb in weapons, Heaven's Will rune-word still has Meditation but Purity doesn't.)

We are set to start playing this weekend since all of us are free, but yesterday the friend who plans to play the healerdin requested one additional change to be made before we started.

He wanted me to either remove or dramatically reduce the effect of rejuv potions because he felt like they were cheap get out of jail free cards.

With this in mind I've changed them so they merely have the effect of drinking a healing potion and a mana potion simultaneously, rather than providing an instantaneous percentage based recovery of health and mana.

I'm a bit wary of implementing this change though. Last time I played HU I remember having to chug a whole lot of juvs on bosses. And since we're playing hardcore, I'm afraid that taking juvs away will completely derail our efforts to progress through the game!

What do you guys think?

TLDR:

Is it feasible to progress through HU hardcore without the aid of rejuvs if you have a healer?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: A question about the use of rejuvs
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:31 am 

I think it's do-able, but bosses like Achmel are going to be a pain in the ass since they do big spikes of dmg. You're really going to have to be prepared for each boss fight and know what you're going up against. I think sin is the best choice for the tank here, claw block + heals should be enough to get you through (especially with weaken), but without foh you'll be lacking some damage.

Not many people have tested 1.4 yet, it would be awesome if you could give some feedback while you play through it :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:00 pm 

removing juvs is a way to even the playing field between melees and casters because melees can still sustain hp via life steal. not only is it doable on hc but it won't make the game that much harder.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:01 am 

I think Duriel and Diablo will be very hard for your guys, specially in HC.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:40 pm 

Thanks for the input guys. We're going to give it a go and see how far we get with it. Will update if we make decent progress.

Offline Profile