Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 am

Post subject: HU Christmas LAN
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:14 pm 

For Christmas nostalgia, myself and a few friends (four players) are going to do a LAN party for a couple of days. In my opinion, no D2 mod suits a LAN party better than Hell Unleashed. I've been around this mod since the servers were first launched back in 2004, but I've been only been playing on and off since, mainly just for LAN's. I've always loved how this mod is simply a huge enhancement on the original game and not a total reinvention of the wheel, like Median.

Anyway, we are probably going to play the solo version, because we are only playing for a couple of days and would rather get further in the game. Town portals are one key factor so everything keeps moving smoothly. Also, not every player is very experienced. I do have both versions in case everyone is finding it too easy, so we could switch over.

So I just noticed this board is mostly dead now, so I made this thread mainly just for creating some new discussion and to let people know that there's still people playing out there. But if you can answer some questions, that would be cool.

For four people, what are some fun and viable teams that people can think of? We are going to use PlugY for respecs so people can play what they want, when they want, but ultimately I was thinking:

Wind Druid (me)
Sorc
WW Barb
Bone Necro

The ww barb and bone necro are the ones that aren't guaranteed. One of two is going to be played for sure. Wind druid and sorc are 100%. Do you have any alternative comp suggestions to fit in with wind druid and sorc?

Also, I find it unfortunate that the solo version hasn't been updated in so long. Is there anyone out there working on getting the newest version of the mod updated for solo?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: HU Christmas LAN
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:43 pm 

I am down to do this. Let me know what time est. I have a barb level 4x in a4 normal or can start new.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:29 pm 

Ah, sorry if I wasn't clear about this. But we're doing an in-person LAN. Not over the internet.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:22 am 

what timezone (in gmt) u are?

Offline Profile