Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 am

Post subject: how about to host a HU sever in Hongkong?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:01 pm 

Hey, veryone!
I am kenyon, a chinese Fan of d2. I played HU a few years ago in this closed BN, and I really had a good time with HU. So, when my friend wanted to open a new d2 mod sever for some chinese players playing free for non-commercial purpose, I recommended HU immediately. would u help us to do this? we will keep the mod as same as yours, do not do any modification on the mod, and also do not give the mod of sever version to anyone without your permmison.
The situation of us now is we have a sever in hongkong, and plan to let the players around hongkong could have good experience with playing HU.

just waiting for your reply.

sincerely

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: how about to host a HU sever in Hongkong?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:16 pm 

why don't you just play on the realm with the rest of us? There are a few chinese players already playing on our servers.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:07 pm 

jsut like I said I played in this closed BN a few years ago, and I really had good time at that time, but I did feel the connection was really sucks for me. I tried to login today, the ping was more than 450+,sometimes up to 2000+, it seems really sucks. Median XL have had a chinese sever, and the guy hosting the sever is my friend. why dont u do like Median XL? When I play MXL in chinese sever, even playing 8PP, the ping is about 200, the experience is so good. ^_^

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:16 pm 

I have known about 20 chinese players wanting to play the original HU, but most of them couldnt play HU with high ping. and if hongkong sever opened, we wellcome all of your guys who has good connect play HU in hongkong sever.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:40 am 

A whole realm? I think it would be more beneficial to the mod if we could bring all players together under a single realm. For example, 1 realm with 20 players in HK + 1 realm with 20-30 players in NA/EU/AUS, would not be as good as 1 realm with 40-50 players.
I enjoy playing with people from other cultures.

Would be nice if we could perhaps replace 1 ZL GS with a Chinese GS.

Can the realm be modified to add a checkbox for the GS you want in the game creation screen? That would be a HUGE benefit for all players.

If none of the above are possible, then I don't see any reason to not have a HK based realm. If the people who would be playing on a HK realm would otherwise not bother playing at all due to latency, then it's simply a loss for the mod as a whole. Perhaps in future a "desired GS" check box could be implemented that would allow the merger of the 2 realms into a single world wide realm with a player provided server in each country. If we simply refuse, then that option is added in future, we have just lost out on a whole group of players who would otherwise still be playing and enjoying the mod.
Bringing people together should be the main focus of online play.

Just some things to consider.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:42 am 

Artair wrote:
A whole realm? I think it would be more beneficial to the mod if we could bring all players together under a single realm. For example, 1 realm with 20 players in HK + 1 realm with 20-30 players in NA/EU/AUS, would not be as good as 1 realm with 40-50 players.
I enjoy playing with people from other cultures.

Would be nice if we could perhaps replace 1 ZL GS with a Chinese GS.

Can the realm be modified to add a checkbox for the GS you want in the game creation screen? That would be a HUGE benefit for all players.

If none of the above are possible, then I don't see any reason to not have a HK based realm. If the people who would be playing on a HK realm would otherwise not bother playing at all due to latency, then it's simply a loss for the mod as a whole. Perhaps in future a "desired GS" check box could be implemented that would allow the merger of the 2 realms into a single world wide realm with a player provided server in each country. If we simply refuse, then that option is added in future, we have just lost out on a whole group of players who would otherwise still be playing and enjoying the mod.
Bringing people together should be the main focus of online play.

Just some things to consider.

I really agree with u, and we did Median xl just like you said. if it is possible, I like to try. But I have to clarify I am not so good at hosting a sever without any help.^_^

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:28 pm 

and another thing has to be clarified that if HackMap could be used.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:20 pm 

kenyon wrote:
and another thing has to be clarified that if HackMap could be used.

Probably not the best bet to be asking about hacks when you are trying to float hosting a server. Just a thought :shock:

though don't have much faith in melee characters right now, with the huge CB nerf physical melee characters may as well be hitting bosses with a cardboard sword and it doesn't appear the damage boost from str has helped alleviate that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:05 am 

I just want to know the rule, that's all. Map is allowed on some severs, and others not.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:52 pm 

Would be nice to have more people on the realm. Yesterday was dead ;(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:06 pm 

How can I get an answer?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:02 pm 

The person you need to message Kenyon Is Duff he can give a Yes or No personally i support a server in hong Kong and large group of oceanic players would use it. After all Hong Kong has the fastest internet in the world!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:14 pm 

as a result, the hongkong sever of HU is negative.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:14 pm 

How about GameServer in HongKong?
I Play HU and MedianXL, and MedianXL have 7 GS, which one placed in Singapore, so I think a gameserver of HU place in HongKong is possible

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:48 am 

my old acc is kenyon, and I cant login, so I get a new acc which is kenyon_zhang. "Negative" means DuFFBeeR thought is was not necessary to build a new Hongkong sever.

Offline Profile