Login | Register


All times are UTC - 5 hours


It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:52 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Random Death
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:41 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:48 pm
Posts: 1670
I was on tundra earlier today with my fnova and randomly died. There was no lag, there was no might, there was no amp, and I got 100% instantly, slain by Death Berserker (the guys that shoot spines at you under ground).

I thought maybe there was an extra strong pack a screen away or something like that, where they all got REALLY lucky and hit me all at once (I had 75% block and 5% chance to be hit... 100 pdr, 20% DR, and 8000 life). When I cleared the body so the char with loot could get my corpse, THERE WERE NO DEATH BERSERKERS ANYWHERE. This was obviously a bug.

I talked to Mraw about this a bit on realm and he said he knew of one similar case. Anyone else out there experienced anything like this? ISO your feedback and what not so maybe we can narrow down a cause.

My first thought, though unlikely, was that there was some sort of bug in the enemy's target acquisition, where every death berserker on the entire map targeted me and stuck there little fingers into my holes from every corner of the tundra. But if that was the case, I think at least I would see the animation of their things coming toward me, and I saw no animations.

_________________
PureRage-DoD wrote:
Cowards die in shame, I ain't afraid to lose a char, it's not like it's important. :lol:


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Random Death
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:36 am 

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:57 am
Posts: 177
Location: Australia
never heard of anything similar. RIP

_________________
Died on hc to "orb of town portal" skill


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Random Death
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:24 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:06 pm
Posts: 65
Location: Poland
Shit, that is so bad. Maybe many things hit you in the same time and just one Death Berserker was the final murderer?


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Random Death
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:31 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:48 pm
Posts: 1670
the only thing within range of me were 3 or 4 demon tricksters, who deal no damage to me. There were no death berserkers within 3 screens of the possible range to aggro me. I had cleared the mobs in that area and was picking up loot. There was absolutely nothing in range to hurt me

_________________
PureRage-DoD wrote:
Cowards die in shame, I ain't afraid to lose a char, it's not like it's important. :lol:


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Random Death
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:38 pm 

Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 9:43 am
Posts: 140
catapult airstrike


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Random Death
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:35 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:48 pm
Posts: 1670
Ive been 1 shot by a catapult before, that was not the case this time

_________________
PureRage-DoD wrote:
Cowards die in shame, I ain't afraid to lose a char, it's not like it's important. :lol:


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Random Death
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:10 pm 

Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:12 am
Posts: 202
talked to you last night, and yeah happened to me, no zerkers around just insta death, sc lives on!


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Random Death
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:11 pm 

Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:12 am
Posts: 125
slappyNuts wrote:
I was on tundra earlier today with my fnova and randomly died. There was no lag, there was no might, there was no amp, and I got 100% instantly, slain by Death Berserker (the guys that shoot spines at you under ground).

I thought maybe there was an extra strong pack a screen away or something like that, where they all got REALLY lucky and hit me all at once (I had 75% block and 5% chance to be hit... 100 pdr, 20% DR, and 8000 life). When I cleared the body so the char with loot could get my corpse, THERE WERE NO DEATH BERSERKERS ANYWHERE. This was obviously a bug.

I talked to Mraw about this a bit on realm and he said he knew of one similar case. Anyone else out there experienced anything like this? ISO your feedback and what not so maybe we can narrow down a cause.

My first thought, though unlikely, was that there was some sort of bug in the enemy's target acquisition, where every death berserker on the entire map targeted me and stuck there little fingers into my holes from every corner of the tundra. But if that was the case, I think at least I would see the animation of their things coming toward me, and I saw no animations.



hi slappy, reading this post make me think of something happens to me last season, it was on a summon necro, i add Bo + Oak i was walking smoothly into either ancient way or glacial trail i dont remember, and i get instantly killed also, no life drop or anything, and it was also by Death Berserker that i also never found clearing body. let say that you are not freak and im not either :shock: !!!


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Random Death
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:14 pm 

Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:16 pm
Posts: 62
Death Berserkers seem to unnaturally kill things. Mraw or some other coder could look into their range or attack setting/config to see if something can be done? Death Berserkers are certainly one of a very few monsters that seem to have other-worldly powers when attempting to kill you (chargers being the foremost).

I wonder if their attack is instant, but the animation is actually following the attack after its already happened?


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Random Death
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:05 pm 

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:29 am
Posts: 525
did you walk over or near the corpse of a pack of them?


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Random Death
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:05 pm 

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:29 am
Posts: 525
did you walk over or near the corpse of a pack of them?


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Random Death
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:18 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:48 pm
Posts: 1670
Pious wrote:
did you walk over or near the corpse of a pack of them?


I just killed a shit ton of them, so yea was walking all over their corpses while picking up items

_________________
PureRage-DoD wrote:
Cowards die in shame, I ain't afraid to lose a char, it's not like it's important. :lol:


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Random Death
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:31 pm 

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:29 am
Posts: 525
some monsters have had a bugged corpse depending on the mods they spawn with. moloch was pretty infamous for this when lightning enchanted; ive seen his corpse 1 shot many a poor fellow before. i suppose death maulers should also be considered corpse-unfriendly for hc.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Random Death
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:50 am 

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:57 am
Posts: 177
Location: Australia
pious, i think moloch was mostly because of the very thickly stacked poison creepers and people not thinking before they go all bnet on you (loot crazy) thats from my experience anyway lol

_________________
Died on hc to "orb of town portal" skill


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Random Death
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:11 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:48 pm
Posts: 1670
Pious wrote:
some monsters have had a bugged corpse depending on the mods they spawn with. moloch was pretty infamous for this when lightning enchanted; ive seen his corpse 1 shot many a poor fellow before. i suppose death maulers should also be considered corpse-unfriendly for hc.


you got anymore info about the bugged corpses? Like, are they dealing their normal attack damage? Their HP amount damage? Something totally different?

_________________
PureRage-DoD wrote:
Cowards die in shame, I ain't afraid to lose a char, it's not like it's important. :lol:


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Random Death
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:18 pm 

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:14 pm
Posts: 33
Qwazym wrote:
people not thinking before they go all bnet on you (loot crazy) thats from my experience anyway lol


Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Random Death
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:35 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:48 pm
Posts: 1670
lmfao, I was just gonna leave that one alone since pious actually posted something meaningful

_________________
PureRage-DoD wrote:
Cowards die in shame, I ain't afraid to lose a char, it's not like it's important. :lol:


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Random Death
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:46 pm 

Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:16 pm
Posts: 62
My guess is the corpse damage is probably related to their normal attack damage.

Molochs poison vines would kill you pretty fast if you walked onto them (since there was like 100 stacked up, and a few set of vines didn't hurt so much), but I never encountered the LE moloch corpse.

If there was a few packs you were walking on top of, something like MS and Extra Strong? Might be a possible murder suspect.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Random Death
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:54 pm 

Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:46 am
Posts: 3
it happened to me 2 or 3 times.. people told me its berserker + might combo but i am not sure they can hit from offscreen range(1024res).. no idea what happened, best thing is its sc char anyway... i didnt know what happened so nothing to give feedback.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Random Death
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:53 pm 

Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:12 am
Posts: 202
Dead 94 zon by corpses. Oh well!


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Random Death
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:46 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:48 pm
Posts: 1670
yeaaaaa be really nice if somebody could look into this. Again, no monsters around, just standing on a shit ton of corpses as we were clearing wp. Slain by death berserker

_________________
PureRage-DoD wrote:
Cowards die in shame, I ain't afraid to lose a char, it's not like it's important. :lol:


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Random Death
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:01 am 

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:57 am
Posts: 177
Location: Australia
this always seems to be clearing wp. might be something to do with it.

_________________
Died on hc to "orb of town portal" skill


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Random Death
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:09 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:48 pm
Posts: 1670
has nothing to do with the wp, except that theres tons of death berserker corpses everywhere

_________________
PureRage-DoD wrote:
Cowards die in shame, I ain't afraid to lose a char, it's not like it's important. :lol:


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Random Death
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:24 pm 

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:36 am
Posts: 969
I've never had this happen over the course of thousands of runs.

I imagine it is a server issue with desync/lag though.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: