Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm

Post subject: What is this...?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:21 pm 

Account Char Class Level Uptime
*supreme Carnage Ama 90 00:10:41
*Sir Sir Nec 89 00:10:36

2 level 90's in Hell on hard core 2 days after reset? hmmm...

EDIT:

Another with them..

Current chars in game ’66’ on FuryCury
*supreme Carnage Ama 90 00:01:19
*Sir Sir Nec 89 00:00:56
*Islam Jihad Bar 83 00:00:52

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: What is this...?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:26 pm 

they also have a druid, named olo lvl 87

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:47 pm 

Tasslehoff wrote:
they also have a druid, named olo lvl 87

Last night before I got off no one was in NM yet, never mind hell. I went to NM today with a nec/psn zon. NM Andy took 10 minutes alone to kill. From there to NM baal in 18 hours, not possible.

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:24 pm 

edit: i knew it all along, its fucking pious and a couple other veterans on smurf accs. I'll bet money on it

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:32 am 

slappyNuts wrote:
its fucking pious and a couple other veterans on smurf accs. I'll bet money on it

Haha! They were playing 3 days 24/7 and they're sleeping now (will sleep next 2 days).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:12 am 

gieb somethin like this vid pls haha
http://youtu.be/qPgz2bpanP8

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:14 am 

On another note there's a guy using followbot. I was looking for someone to do Diablo/A5 with and saw his chars were level 50ish. He wasn't responding so I figured he was busy playing several chars so I spent a couple of mins until I guessed the password to the game. I came in and started running through A5 to get wp's as it seemed he was afk or ignoring me, then when I found him he promptly quit the game as if he was trying to hide the obvious.

http://i.imgur.com/wFTxCiH.jpg

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:03 am 

It could be not a follow bot but a few chars in window mod loader. Not to hard to control 2 chars.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:06 pm 

Nah it was an obvious followbot, you can't tell from the screen but the 4 chars were pretty much right on top of eachother and they all moved in sync before he stopped and left the game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:21 pm 

Maniac-FB wrote:
slappyNuts wrote:
its fucking pious and a couple other veterans on smurf accs. I'll bet money on it

Haha! They were playing 3 days 24/7 and they're sleeping now (will sleep next 2 days).

Actually no. They haven't been on when I'm on really. I check realm.arimyth.com to see who is on. I hadn't seen them until the other day.

Yesterday at 2:00 PM I got off to visit with family and watch football. I got back on at 5:30ish and all the sudden they went from normal to hell?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:06 pm 

I find it incredibly disturbing that you'd spend several minutes trying to brute force your way into someone's private game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:41 pm 

Angel wrote:
I find it incredibly disturbing that you'd spend several minutes trying to brute force your way into someone's private game.

Who did this?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:14 am 

Quote:
so I spent a couple of mins until I guessed the password to the game. I came in and started running through A5 to get wp's

Not only bruteforce a game, but then play inspector gadget and find them in the random depths of act 5 and take a screenshot of supposed cheating.

Judging by the names of the characters he probably didn't speak English, which is why the lack of response, or rather he had no interest in playing with you.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:10 am 

Angel wrote:
Quote:
so I spent a couple of mins until I guessed the password to the game. I came in and started running through A5 to get wp's

Not only bruteforce a game, but then play inspector gadget and find them in the random depths of act 5 and take a screenshot of supposed cheating.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:44 am 

Well, if the guy's cheating, then I suppose he was right?

We all somewhat have a duty to call out poor behaviour to preserve the integrity of what is our servers. Unless there are dedicated people in charge of doing this, but I somehow doubt that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:56 am 

Cory wrote:
*supreme Carnage Ama 90 00:10:41
*Sir Sir Nec 89 00:10:36

2 level 90's in Hell on hard core 2 days after reset? hmmm...

EDIT:

Another with them..

Current chars in game ’66’ on FuryCury
*supreme Carnage Ama 90 00:01:19
*Sir Sir Nec 89 00:00:56
*Islam Jihad Bar 83 00:00:52

You may have not been here for a lot of the older ladder resets but this isn't anything new. His team often be out in front of the ladder and or Baal. A well built 3-4 man team with a weekend to kill =)

though don't have much faith in melee characters right now, with the huge CB nerf physical melee characters may as well be hitting bosses with a cardboard sword and it doesn't appear the damage boost from str has helped alleviate that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:59 pm 

The screenshot shows zero proof of him cheating, it's just a cluster of characters and his word on what happened, which obviously is biased because the guy wouldn't do baal with him.

Quote:
We all somewhat have a duty to call out poor behaviour to preserve the integrity of what is our servers.

Followbot is hardly a malicious hack. In fact, I wouldn't even truly label maphack as very malicious. The only true hack that is quite detrimental to the servers and is quite popular is godmode. It's also the only hack that is blatantly obvious to spot.

Even if he was using followbot, I find the person brute-forcing their way into a private game far more malicious than someone running all of his characters to the waypoints without having to do it manually.

I've had plenty of private games ruined, even ones with non-simplistic passwords like 1 or q, by people joining and harassing me and my friends while we're trying to down bosses first playthrough.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:22 pm 

Angel wrote:
I find the person brute-forcing their way into a private game far more malicious than someone running all of his characters to the waypoints without having to do it manually.

I've had plenty of private games ruined, even ones with non-simplistic passwords like 1 or q, by people joining and harassing me and my friends while we're trying to down bosses first playthrough.

+1

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:30 pm 

Angel wrote:
The screenshot shows zero proof of him cheating, it's just a cluster of characters and his word on what happened, which obviously is biased because the guy wouldn't do baal with him.

Quote:
We all somewhat have a duty to call out poor behaviour to preserve the integrity of what is our servers.

Followbot is hardly a malicious hack. In fact, I wouldn't even truly label maphack as very malicious. The only true hack that is quite detrimental to the servers and is quite popular is godmode. It's also the only hack that is blatantly obvious to spot.

Even if he was using followbot, I find the person brute-forcing their way into a private game far more malicious than someone running all of his characters to the waypoints without having to do it manually.

I know it doesn't prove anything, just wanted what the standpoint is nowadays. There was no "bruteforcing for several minutes", it took less than a minute to guess a one letter PW. The only reason I did it was because I thought the guy was busy switching between 4 different characters so he might be missing my whispers.
He didn't say anything when I entered the game so I thought he was AFK. I had just gotten to Act 5 and saw a Frozen River TP up so I figured I could run a few WP's.
It was obvious follow-botting because a) his three "support" characters were of the exact same level and b) the chars moving as if they were a caterpillar.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:45 pm 

It most certainly took you longer than a minute to figure out the game name and password, run through the act looking for him, and take screenshots.

Offline Profile