Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 am

Post subject: Few Questions On 1.21 Single Player. Realm Reset Question
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:18 am 

Ok so until the server reset which is roughly Friday I am understanding. I have been playing single player 1.21. I have a few questions.

In this version I am playing a trap assassin. Does topaz in weapons work with traps? The -res.

Is it possible to gamble uniques and sets, and what are the chances? Or is it better just boss running?

What merc would compliment a lightning trap asn best. I may possibly be maxing psyching hammer and mind blast also. Or some other form of damage for immunes.

I am sure I will come up with more as I get deeper in. I was playing realm but there isn't really many new players who play through. Most get rushed. So I am hoping with reset I can get into a nice group that plays a lot. As I will be on most of the day. If interested in playing the reset with me Hardcore let me know. I am very experienced and skilled at d2. Have been playing since diablo 1 first came out and haven't stopped since. I am willing to play any character to make a nice team.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Few Questions On 1.21 Single Player. Realm Reset Questio
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:27 am 

to the best of my knowledge, topaz works in the left hand (left on inv screen, actual charachters right hand), peirce wont be taken from the right hand (as far as i know at all not just from gems).
It is possible to gamble sets / uniques but really only a more viable option at lower level or if you have a good gold source (gf barb with leo runs is the best), so as of late game its not very worthwhile gambling sets / uniques except with your spare gold. dont bother going on gold find runs too much.
as far as mercs go its a choice thing. for normal a2 merc is the best because of damage, nightmare a1 or 2 mercs probly work well. then for hell its dependant on your charachter, you can go for a3 light (extra 10% peirce) but then you may have troubble with light immunes, if you want best immune killing go for a act3 pnb merc. this works cause not much is immune to magic, let alone magic and light. if you want a bit more effectiveness from the merc though go a3 fire or cold. even act1 if you can get her with some amplify damage procs.

Offline Profile