Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 am

Post subject: Ok so I am interested in playing but have some questions.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:30 pm 

Ok so I used to play back in the day maybe 2 years ago or so? Not quite sure. But I am interested in playing alone mainly as I don't have any friends who game any longer. And I can't take the time to find online friends as my play times will vary too greatly. So here is my question. I am pretty skilled as far as diablo 2 goes with my 14 years exp. Would I be better soloing 1.3f on the realm using d2se?
If at all possible I am most interested in playing a single player game that I can use d2se to play with as I do plan on playing other mods too. What is the highest/best single player version to play 1.21z or whatever? Or the 1.3b I saw but couldn't get downloaded. I am looking for a link to the best single player hell unleashed to play with d2se preferred but will do without.

Also if I decide to play the realm and try and find a few fellow players. What class can at least get through normal solo for the most part with help only in dire situations?
Are there any ways to make the graphics and such lower so my laptop will run it flawlessly. I could care less about graphics just want best game play with least fps lag and other forms of latency.

I am also open to other tips. My account will most likely be DuckManParkey on the realm. So add me if interested in teaming up.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Ok so I am interested in playing but have some questions
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:36 pm 

your best bet is to get the single player version of 1.21z. I wouldn't recommend trying to solo on realm.

there are several builds that can solo norm... but you'll always run into immunity issues unless you go with a magic damage build

i run windowed mode for fps results

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:37 pm 

1.21z is the only SP version that I know of. If you know how to edit d2 txt files you can change 1.3 to how ever you want and play SP with that. That's what I do but I don't have my SP edits anymore. :\

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:42 pm 

Mrawskrad wrote:
1.21z is the only SP version that I know of. If you know how to edit d2 txt files you can change 1.3 to how ever you want and play SP with that. That's what I do but I don't have my SP edits anymore. :\

I can edit it but not interested in going through all of that. Is there any way to run 1.21z with d2se?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:56 pm 

I'm not sure about that. I don't have much experience with D2se.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:45 pm 

Season is restarting soon, I would just look for groups on the realm. Elemental characters are all but out of the question if you're going to solo, I'd suggest a barb for solo play. They can just about kill everything with enough prep+potions.

Offline Profile