All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 am

Post subject: ok guys ur opinions on the latest and greatest patch
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:40 pm 

should norm be harder?
should nm be harder?
should hell be harder?

IMHO

I think norm is about right.....feels alot like vanilla now with some extra boss's, cept of coarse sammy, which I have seen level 90+s having trouble with........its a level 60 charm.......a good level sixty team should be able to do it.

Nm needs turned up a notch , both trash and boss i havnt tried samy on nm yet, what the rest of u guys think?

Hell i havnt messed with much i only have one char there so ill keep my mouth shut on it. But i think im gonna love it hehe.....I play hc.....u dont play hc if u like it easy.

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: ok guys ur opinions on the latest and greatest patch
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:12 pm 

Norm is a joke now. I mean a complete joke. With all the item buffs, even my caster base fire druid soloed all of act1 in a 4spawn game. That's retarded.

Hsarus, a 3 piece lvl 12 set gives +2 skills? Jesus aged Christ

Angelics a 4 piece lvl 17set gives +3 skills? WTF

Lenymo a lvl 6 sash gives +1skill and 10% fcr?????? the best stand alone caster belt til arachnids, and its lvl 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:44 pm 

FuryCury wrote:
Norm is a joke now. I mean a complete joke. With all the item buffs, even my caster base fire druid soloed all of act1 in a 4spawn game. That's retarded.

Lenymo a lvl 6 sash gives +1skill and 10% fcr?????? the best stand alone caster belt til arachnids, and its lvl 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wasnt talkin gear but u are right about those items

still think sammy is to hard ........

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:50 am 

Gear makes or breaks 90% of HU's builds. So OP gear = OP characters.

To your point, Sammy and Nihla are the only "hard" bosses to attempt while your still in norm.

NM is pretty much the same, however, those multi unique packs can spawn with some sick mods. Amp/might/extra strong x15 can = death.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:38 pm 

HU is 100% Gear dependant. I'm actualy glad Terry changed normal to a bit easier, it will give newcomers a chance to experience the fun of party leveling.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:18 pm 

For the new people normal is just right for anyone who knows what they are doing it way to easy. I soloed a 4 spawned andy with a lvl 22 barb. I had some new people in the game with me and I was telling them how difficult HU is, and by the end of act 1 was was embarrassed for saying that. I think it will serve its purpose very well (bringing in more people) but it is far too easy.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:24 pm 

E-baby wrote:
For the new people normal is just right for anyone who knows what they are doing it way to easy.

This sums it up.

I think that experienced members of the community are going to need to wait for NM for a real challenge, but given that experienced people like to just get right down to things anyways that this is not a bad thing. For new players, it makes the mod more welcoming - especially if they lack the power gear. That is what makes this patch a good thing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:09 pm 
Game Server Host

FuryCury wrote:

holy fook, thats some pretty mad changes. level 17 char can have +6 all skills lol. Angelics was already a strong set even partial. Hsarus was great too. Angelics and Hsarus on a non sorc caster was always the best gear at that level anyway. Especialy with the lower spawn and the over all norm difficulty nerf.

Lenymo - LMFAO

I didnt see any problem with the difficulty of norm for new players, act 5 could have been scaled down a little in norm to give new players a bit of an easier time of it but the rest was fine and duo'able even to newcomers.
Glad of the hell buff though, Hell baal was steamrolled with minimal pot use and a single attacker with 2 support builds and mediocre equip before the changes. I was reading bens post about him being alot tougher now. Makes that quest fun instead of a pre-req to LoS

Offline Profile