Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 am

Post subject: Is there a going to be a reset?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:47 pm 

Took a bit of a break and am looking to come back but if there's going to be a wipe soon then I don't think it's worth the time.

So is the game going to just be left as-is?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Is there a going to be a reset?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:34 am 

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6486

About 2 threads below your post.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:56 pm 

The thread you posted has no definitive answer as to if there is going to be a reset.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:51 am 

Angel wrote:
The thread you posted has no definitive answer as to if there is going to be a reset.

Oh my bad, since the other 5 page thread didn't have your answer on the same subject possibly the new one will have a different result.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:12 am 

None of the threads have any answers that are definitive.

You have people saying reset imminent, then completely opposite responses in other threads.

It would be nice if someone actually running the mod would chime in.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:57 pm 

Angel, where have you been man? Nobody "runs" the mod anymore, its a community effort. Kramuti and Brevan are the 2 guys that have been editing the files and making the updates recently that the community have thrown around, when they're done then Duff will load files and reset. You want to press them for a timeline?? They do the work for free, in their free time, when they can, they have lives, this is a huge favor they do. If you read any of the threads you claim to have looked through you would know this.

Here's the answer: PENDING, PLEASE WAIT

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:37 pm 

Alas, nothing ever happens quickly here. This time it would have been ready over a month ago if I wouldn't have fookered things up. Please bear with me now that I will have a bit more time to fix things. Maybe this weekend plus next to get it done is my best case guess.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:51 pm 

So a tentative 2 weeks?

I'd much rather have that in mind opposed to 'pending', which gives me zero information on if I should continue playing, two weeks essentially nulls my desire to play anymore at this point in time until the reset.

As for the fact everyone is doing it on their free time, well, the project isn't(or wasn't) handed out to anyone who wanted to help with it. So a bit of responsibility does fall upon those updating the mod's shoulders.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:06 pm 

Angel wrote:
the project isn't(or wasn't) handed out to anyone who wanted to help with it.

yes it was

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:08 pm 

Where exactly were you when all the discussion began in like May offering your services then? At that time I was the only one that offered to do the file work as long as others did most of the foot work to get lists to be dwnated, etc. Nrevan showed baxk ip at some point so I asked him if he could help. He nicely did.

Two weeks is tentative for me to finish. It will still need a short test to make sure all is as should.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:34 am 

We(the group of players I play with) offered to help a long time ago. We also offered to run a US-Central server that would be stable, both attempts in the past were denied.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:51 pm 

Plz understand that working on this mod and tweekin issues takes time..

In april and may we were working on list of fix's etc.. Never seen posts from you or your friends.. Now don't take that as i'm starting flames with you maybe I just missed your past posts..Krumati and brev have done a good job keepin things rollin but as Slappy said we all have lifes and some of us have had some major problems in real life so plz be patient.. 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:46 am 

eeeeewww , Reset ? :) sounds nice for me ;) ;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:48 pm 

Was 2-3 years ago, game wasn't even worth playing once melees got devastatingly nerfed into the floor by Blue(I think?).

They're still weak but at the very least they're playable now. The dependency on a max AMP necro to be even close to a caster is kind of stupid. I know the mod is based on teamwork, but there is nothing rewarding or entertaining on either end of the spectrum about requiring a maxed curse to be effective.

The necro doesn't have fun being a curse bot, and the melee doesn't have fun being dependent on another player.

The fact that amp is an adjusting value based on level is the biggest issue with the spell, it makes it extremely hard to balance and an outright requirement based on the values:
-If you make the values too low you force a requirement of a necro-bot.
-If you make them too high, you force a necro-bot because it'll be too powerful to pass up.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:16 pm 

Yeah I really think Amp should be more of a bonus than a requirement. Mobs should have way less defense/DR/whatever and Amp should have lower values.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:26 pm 

If it's a requirement it needs to be adjusted to be on item, like it is on gores now, but the level it provides is only sufficient for act 1/2. Past that you need actual amp levels to do decent damage.

By decent I mean behind caster DPS, but enough to be sufficient. Casters already have an easier time clearing mobs, no fucking reason melees shouldn't at least be able to come close to their boss killing dps.

Offline Profile