Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:56 pm

Post subject: Cursed items
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:19 pm 

New here to the mod, and ive read that you can uncurse cursed items, but where to they drop?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Cursed items
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:54 pm 

Cursed items drop just about anywhere. There's a cursed ring (Norm), ammy(Nightmare), and sword(Hell). They can only be uncursed by transmuting them along with 5 purification glyphs collected in their difficulty. In general, the uncursed item has the mods flipped, so that negatives become positives.

There is 1 glyph in A1, 2 in A2, and 2 in A3. They are located in areas (caves and tunnels) that are not part of quests. For example, the 3rd glyph is in "The Collapsed Escape Tunnel", which is entered from the level of the Palace that also leads to the portal to Arcane Sanctuary.

When the cursed items were first created, Soulmancer requested us to not give specific details of the glyph location to new players. The items were intended to be a reward for those players willing to explore all parts of the game. For that reason, I won't give details about the 2 glyphs before or the 2 glyphs after the one I mentioned. I'm sure you could just ask someone in game though, if you get frustrated with searching.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:18 pm 

I've found all 5 glyphs, just want to find a cursed ring for my necro. Cant kill mephisto so im trying to find better gear.

plus i play single player, if that helps any.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:30 pm 

Pretty sure Leoric can drop the cursed ring, you could try Mort too. It's only a level 10 item, so Leoric should be your best bet.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:07 am 

I can add and reafirm that cursed rings are more often dropped on Leoric on single player than Multiplayer ( donno yet why, but thats the fact ). 3 or 4 Trist runs on S.G would be enough to get one of 'em ( at least ), and since you have the map discovered each time u re-enter a game... piece of cake

And gl challenging mephisto SP... he's a killing beast, and having no team appart of merc put things rly hard... Get the fact that Horadric ring wont be ur life insurance . Play fair and stay cool ;P

greetings ♥

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:52 pm 

tonykantos wrote:
I can add and reafirm that cursed rings are more often dropped on Leoric on single player than Multiplayer ( donno yet why, but thats the fact ). 3 or 4 Trist runs on S.G would be enough to get one of 'em ( at least ), and since you have the map discovered each time u re-enter a game... piece of cake

And gl challenging mephisto SP... he's a killing beast, and having no team appart of merc put things rly hard... Get the fact that Horadric ring wont be ur life insurance . Play fair and stay cool ;P

greetings ♥

ya but got to remeber tony meph on sp player version is not as hard as full since mancer took into account u wouldnt have any help but i do agree the 1 ring wont be ur life ring on him

Offline Profile