Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 am

Post subject: boss teleporting
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:31 pm 

just going to say i love this game, but the one major aspect i hate, absolutly hate, is bosses teleporting through walls, when we cannot follow them with teleport. i get why we cannot tele through walls, it would be op and make farming easy. but when i have almost killed a boss and he teleports through a wall then i chase him and he has full healed.. super annoying. is this really intentional?? i get the game being hard is awesome, but thats just an annoying mechanich that has nothing to do with skill.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: boss teleporting
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:07 pm 

I assume you are talking about the boss at inner cloister and the like. The main thing to understand with the AI is that they will run away from whatever is considered the closest threat. The idea is to box them in. It works pretty well, as long as others in the group actually undertstand the behavior.

There are also thresholds where they will start behaving like this in earnest. And then another when the generally will stay and fight.

It's more of a pain if you are playing something like a zealer where you don't have good control mechanisms...but vigor helps a lot.

The one that always 'killed' me was hell bloodraven's forced teleport of the character when struck. The 30% is too high. It is really a pain to use a phys based character with high fpa. NM is more reasonable at 15%. Not sure if others agree with this or not though.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: boss teleporting
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:12 pm 

yea nihl always pissed me off when he would tele away into a monster ridden area, but like kramuti said once you understand the ai behavior you can box them in pretty easy

Offline Profile