Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 am

Post subject: Patch observations
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:35 pm 

Is it my imagination or did oblivion knights (chaos sanc) get their amp buffed? I noticed them having 100 amp, a bit much? At the time had 41% DR and showed phys res as -59, another on my team verified his displayed similar result. Yes, that was hell but I could swear NM Diablo hit me with 100 amp, I'll check again and verify. That seems a bit much, the fliers on tundra only get 61 amp, in hell not sure what they get in Castle yet.

Also, why are there two unique.txt files in the patch.mpq?

Kevin (or anyone who knows), how do I fix the display for Cloak of Shadows, currently my screen goes dark for duration, I like the rage edited one.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Patch observations
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:27 am 

The uniques file with the 2 at the end looks like a legacy file. It shouldn't be read by anything, but it should be removed.

Oblivion knights may be still using the wrong amp skill...when these (along with all? other moncurses) were split a long time ago in an attempt to make nec oskills as staff mods show up correctly (i think that is what it was anyway...been quite awhile), not everything was changed properly. There are probably still some other things out there that were not properly adjusted.

Nice to have the new character display so that we can actually see the effects, even if it lies all the time anyway.

You ever find the CoS fix?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:30 am 

I was wondering about CoS too. How do I make the screen not get dark for me?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:14 am 
Game Server Host

Set the auralen column to 25 in skills.txt

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:26 pm 

I don't have a skills.txt file so I'm not sure if I just got trolled or not lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:19 pm 

Thanks Kevin, got it fixed.

Ensley, you will need winmpq to find and open the file. Take a look here http://forum.arimyth.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5851&start=20

No, you weren't trolled.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:22 pm 

Yeah that doesn't properly install on windows 7 64 bit and apparently I'm supposed to download 4 other things to make it work so I'd rather just continue to not play an assassin, lol.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:15 pm 

Why are you afraid of mpq editors? They have been around for years. The only other thing that you need to edit the file is a spreadsheet program like excel, or even a simple text editor like notepad (though it's much easier with the former).

If you keep biting the hand that feeds you, by making comments like 'i just won't play a sin boohoo', etc people will simply stop giving you answers.

Edit and there are several mpq editors that work with Win7 64bit os...it is what i use, and i have no issues.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:29 pm 

I said it didn't work, I didn't say I'm afraid - and I appreciate the help. I decided to give it another go and after installing a vb4 fix and 2 other mpq things I was missing it finally looks like it's working, but I still don't have a skills.txt file. I clicked Open in winmpq and searched all of my d2/d2se/HU folders.

Why would a .txt file be invisible anyway? Doesn't make much sense o.O

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:19 pm 

The file is contained in the patch_d2.mpq. Scroll down a bit and you'll see a skills.txt.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:31 pm 

Holy crap, well I found it, but it's just a jumbled mountain of text. I see something that says auralencalc but not in any kind of organized fashion. Am I supposed to open it with something other than notepad? Or does anyone know which of these values I change? It looks like this lol

Cloak of Shadows 264 ass cloak of shadows 47 57347 cloak_of_shadows cloaked par3 dm12 skill_armor_percent -dm56 poisonresist -dm56 item_armor_percent ln78 7 1 0 none SC SC SC 1 1 12 20 Psychic Hammer 1 1 8 15 0 1 30 min radius of effect 60 max radius of effect 1125 duration 0 8 14 percent armor/poison decrease 90 max percent armor/poison decrease 60 percent armor bonus 30 percent armor bonus per level 12 512 8000

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:49 pm 

A spreadsheet program, like Excel. (I said this in my last post).There is a program called D2Excel. That is probably the best one to use because it won't bork the formats of things like normal Excel can if you are not really careful.

I use Ladik's MPQ editor. I've never had to add anything to fix it for 64 bit OS. (there is another i like better, but it didn't seem to like win7, was fine on vista 64bit)

Another thing I would mention is to visit the Phrozen Keep. They have tons of info on the text files, what columns do, which ones accept formulas, etc. An insanely good resource.

As for how a lot of things work (in vanilla LoD, and most pertains to HU as well), refer to this thread.
http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?to ... 8&sid=3000

p.s. facets work with traps in HU

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:23 am 

lol ya Ladik's is a way better program...there is nothing called auralen, but did he mean auralencalc? From par3 to 25?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:06 am 

Correct, change par3 to 25. You may have to extract the file for it to work. It will create a new data folder. You must enable -direct -txt in the command line. I did with mine, even after using d2modsetup CoS worked as before.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:43 pm 

What am I supposed to add -direct -txt to? I thought that only works for shortcuts. Also I am unable to run d2modsetup now, says I'm missing a required dll file, tried a bunch of "solutions" and none of them worked, lol. The Run as Admin tab is greyed out and that might be fucking me, but I have all user account controls disabled so that usually never matters.

I got the line changed from par3 to 25 and it was still black, but I'm so close! Ever feel like something is just not meant to be? :/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:53 pm 

Yeah this is hopeless and undoable. It just doesn't save unless I try to replace the existing MPQ and then it says 'invalid class string'. I want the hour of my life back I spent trying to fix what should already be fixed in game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:59 pm 

open mpq editor
open patch_d2.mpq
find the skills.txt file
save it to the desktop
open the desktop version
edit the appropriate cell
save it as tab delimited
create a data folder in your HU directory
create the needed subfolders (global/excel
move the skills.txt file into this new folder
add the -direct -txt to your shortcut for HU
rerun d2modsetup...twice (or at least make sure it says 'you want to install'.

i.e. you cannot edit the text file while still in the mpq and expect it to work.

and p.s. it is amazing that anything in this patch works, seeing as how one key fella fell out of sight due to real world shit, and some good other folks basically put it together again. Yes a few oddities were missed, but ffs quit pissing on things you have no clue about the history of. Whenever shit gets patched, stuff inevitably breaks. HU is not immune.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:48 am 
Game Server Host

Ensley03 wrote:
Yeah this is hopeless and undoable. It just doesn't save unless I try to replace the existing MPQ and then it says 'invalid class string'. I want the hour of my life back I spent trying to fix what should already be fixed in game.

1: It shouldn't be "Fixed" in game, the skill is working exactly as it always has since the assassin was released. If you don't like the darkness then that's too bad. Read what people are telling you and pay attention and you can remove the darkness effect. Skiming instructions, making a mess of things then coming back with errors that happened because you didn't pay attention is your problem, nobody elses.

2: Nobody told you to change anything in the MPQ. Stop messing with stuff that has nothing to do with the problem. You were told to extract the .txt file from the MPQ, edit it, then move the extracted data folder to your HU folder and add -direct -txt to the end of your HU shortcut target line.

Don't need to bother with D2ModSetup, that's for D2Mod .dll plugins. You are changing text files, so you dont need it. All you need is -direct -txt added to your shortcut target line (outside the "")

3: WOW a whole hour of your life???????? People have put weeks and months of their life into making this mod for you to play, so stop moaning.

Quote:
What am I supposed to add -direct -txt to? I thought that only works for shortcuts.

So show some fucking initiative and add it to the games shortcut...

4: Research is hard yo.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:46 am 

:?

Offline Profile