Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 am

Post subject: Golem Necro questions
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:03 pm 

So I want to play a curse nec. I will get my friend to kill act bosses for me but the rest will be up to me. I will be playing mp solo with an occasional friend to duo with but most of this will be in norm up to act 5. I expect to go high confuse primarily and then from there I'm assuming a high dim vision and golem mastery with an act merc. I was thinking to blind everything, confuse the nearest clump and let golem and bow merc pick people off. Once I'm satisfied with my skill ill go onward to nm.
Any suggestions on what to plan next?

Now for questions
1) what mobs does weaken curse not work on ?
2) what progression does lifetap curse have?
3) what curses can stack? Is it attract confuse and blind plus one of the others?
4) what items does insight work on ? I've used scepter and mace and it didn't work.
That's it for now ill have more later

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Golem Necro questions
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:19 am 

Pwlloth wrote:
Now for questions
1) what mobs does weaken curse not work on ?
2) what progression does lifetap curse have?
3) what curses can stack? Is it attract confuse and blind plus one of the others?
4) what items does insight work on ? I've used scepter and mace and it didn't work.
That's it for now ill have more later
1) Weaken works on all monsters, HOWEVER focus on decrep instead. Decrep does slow, weaken and a minor amp which maxes out at -30% phys res and slow when maxed.
2)Tap is a one pointer, you'll rarely if ever use it.
3)confuse+any other curse work together, curse cannot be overwritten by another curse. Bear in mind that also applies to you, starting late A5 you can be cursed+amped for -85%+ to your physical resist. Gets stronger as amp lvls of monsters increases
4)Insight works with 4 socket scepter and flails. Example is paladin war scepter, or plain flail. IMPORTANT you cannot use cracked or less than normal item types they do not work.

As I read your plan, it does not appear you'll be overly happy. I'd focus more on the confuse and decrep tactic, best bang for skill points. Only one point in confuse, allow +skills to improve it. I'd also make sure to max golem mastery first, followed by blades, then finish with force golem, possibly one pointing death knight. Bow mercs are ok, but I'm most happy with an A3 poison n magic one. Equip him with as much magic pierce as you can get. Fill his gear with replenish life jewels, skulls or pul runes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:33 am 

What does increasing decrepit do exactly. Without an easy char plan or my computer in front of me it's hard to see for myself

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:24 pm 

Decrep start at -20% physical resist (similar to amp) and slows 20% each 2 hard points adds 1% slow and amp effect capping at -30% phys res and slow by 30%. Couple the slow with say an A3 cold merc (holy freeze aura) and/or clay golem and you can slow down most everything. Decrep also has the same fixed value as weaken does, so it's like 3 curses in one. Amp, weaken and slow. My golemmancer, has one pointed curse focusing on making golems stronger.

Offline Profile