Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:05 pm

Post subject: wtf
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:37 pm 

Purity apparently does not have it's meditation aura any more... Figured i'd post this for anyone who doesn't want to waste their cham... :evil:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: wtf
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:53 am 

I didn't see this in the changelog I was sent. I can fix it on the site <_<

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:30 pm 

This was changed during beta.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:56 pm 

From my beta1 changelog...runewordchanges.txt

Nerf Purity remove RW Meditation? changed to Regen Mana 75% xxx this ok with people xxx

confirmed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:32 pm 

I only got the second beta changes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:12 am 

The links on the download/install thread contain all item changes. I just checked again to make sure. 1.3betaaddendum.txt are the few corrections/changes done after the beta started.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:37 am 

I must have missed that one. Sheesh, 2x jah, mal and ist for that? Might just as well have deleted the whole shbang. The medi was the defining part of it, and was pala only. Unlike Hwill, which can turn many into low grade healers, prayer + medi. IMHO, the medi nerf shoulda been on Hwill, instead of Purity. As long as I've been here (since 1.21z) purity had medi. 1.3a saw medi and res added to Hwill, used to have lvl 5 Sanc aura on equip. Purity used to be a healers shield, and until 1.3a the best source of medi, which kept other toons desiring such on a decent healer. Current medi aura sources Insight, lvl 10 aura (lvl27 rw) and Hwill (lvl90 rw). One has +skills, the other doesn't.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:16 am 

Well, it was discussed some time ago. I wouldn't have changed it willy nilly. At that time folks were saying there were too many easy sources of meditation available. That was one of the items that it was taken from, as well as one of the crafts I think.

It was changed on the beta. It has been this way for months (not just since november). I am sorry if people missed it. It could be discussed again...and I suppose this is the thread to do it. Just to be clear though...it may never go back to the way it was, even if a handful of folks are boisterous in their unhappiness.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:05 am 

kramuti wrote:
Well, it was discussed some time ago. I wouldn't have changed it willy nilly. At that time folks were saying there were too many easy sources of meditation available. That was one of the items that it was taken from, as well as one of the crafts I think.
Yes, it was changed in crafts, medi ammy's got nixed for making healers too potent I understood that. Think back, 1.21z TWO medi sources: Insight and Purity, 1.3a FOUR add Hwill to the list along with medi ammy. What I don't understand is this: Hwill and its' medi aura + Immortal flesh = substantial healing powers available to the masses at near paladin levels. The only thing they lack is holy bolt. A barb dual wielding Hwills can exceed a dedicated healers prayer potential, which can carry casters through many bosses, and sub-bosses. I lobbied against the Hwill change to medi back in 1.3a, and we know how that went. :lol: It basically gives you the best of a lot of things, medi, prayer, bo, shout and a fair dps/tank as a singer. IMHO, put medi back on purity, change the aura on Hwill. Reduce the healing effectiveness of a non-paladin.

EDIT: If I'm not wrong the two medi auras on dual wields stack becoming lvl 40 medi, while no benefit to healing, add substantial fcr and mana regen benefits.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:37 am 

Me and Kwik discussed it in game. Pretty substantial nerf to healers while making barb healers all the stronger.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:33 pm 

Pretty sure I removed the meditation from Purity. How does it make medi barbs stronger? Is it because of double Heavens Will? Maybe removing medi from HW and putting it back on Purity would be more appropriate.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:33 pm 
Game Server Host

I don't quite get the issue with dual wielding HWill. You get level 40 meditation... So the casters who are already casting at capped speed can cast at the same speed? So everyones irrelivent MP pool recovers faster?

It's not like the healing is being applied 3 times with 2 HWill. All you need to do is use 1 HWill and 1 insight for the exact same effect. Losing a few skill levels isn't gonna have a massive impact and its alot cheaper too.

So barbs can act as a psuedo healer with prayer. A prayer pulse every 2 secs is worthless on anything that matters. The redeeming part about a propper heal pally is utility auras and holy bolt + FoH. I pretty much never had prayer active once I had medi on equip as a heal pally. It's completely worthless Vs the other auras you could be running. If barbs can make good use of it, then more power to them. At least they have a use now. (Even if it costs way more than any other job, just for weapons). If you think it's OP that a WC barb can recover a bit of HP you should have played it back when hellmouths had redemption on equip...

I'd rather see purity get something more unique than medi aura on equip. It's a pretty underwhelming RW. Maybe bonus absorb from holy shield while it's equipped or have it enhance all auras with additional bonuses.

Offline Profile