Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:49 pm

Post subject: Questions
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:04 am 

Hi, I got two questions:
1. In new patch u have any plans to place new content like some areas, bosses, items or something new!?
2. When will be the reset :)?
Thx for all answers:)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Questions
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:58 am 

There are some small changes that I believe that drrod wants to make, including some bug fixes. As far as new levels, doubtful. It's quite time consuming.

As for a reset. It's not going to happen soon since we had a reset a few months ago. I believe the fixes/additions that may be made will not require a reset.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:38 pm 

Ahhh it's not good for me :/ Already reached lvl 101 with a nec and few 99+ and 95+, i ll need to think about playing HC or i ll just make a break untill new patch comes. Thx for some answer kramuti. I still think that HU need something "new"!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:23 pm 

I wouldn't expect a reset until around spring/summer. As kramuti said I have a few things I want to fix up balance/tweak wise but as far as new content goes your best hope would be PureRage(see quote below). I'm sure everyone would love another patch released by him.

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Note: I'd like to see more in the way of new content for future patches. New levels, bosses and challenges for people to overcome. Balancing is great, I enjoy a balanced game, but I think we really need some new content to enjoy.

I recently lost a lot of my own projects in a fire and decided to make my own SP HU with a few tweaks etc. to play while away from home instead (most of the time recently). I'd be happy to continue with it (already added a few new levels to really push my SP chars) and present it in the summer as a possible update or simple SP "mod of a mod".

I don't have much time atm to do much of anything mod wise but hope too soon.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:14 pm 
Game Server Host

I'll try record and upload a vid of "The Halls of Legion" I've been adding at some point.

The basic idea is: You need 3 chars in "The Banishing Gate". In the center are 3 pillars that need to be activated at the same time. Once all 3 are activated, 5 portals appear and a Guardian will come through each one. Each guardian has a chance to create a portal to The Halls of Legion. (20% in norm, 10% in NM, 5% in Hell).

Once a portal is opened, you arrive in The Hall of Transference. Here, there are 4 seperate portals to the 4 halls.

The Hall of Ki
All enemies are immune to physical and magic damage. Enemies have a 5% chance of reincatnaring as a tougher version upon death
Only tougher versions can drop items.
Ki has an invincibility shield that drops for 4 seconds when he lands a hit on something.

The Hall of An
All enemies are immune to Fire and Poison. Enemies have a 5% chance of reincatnaring as a tougher version upon death
An will summon sacrificial pawns to destroy. If she is allowed to kill a pawn, she will gain invulnerability for 8 seconds.

The Hall of El
All enemies are immune to Cold and Lightning. Enemies have a 5% chance of reincatnaring as a tougher version upon death
El can only be hurt when in range of a Daybreak Soul. The souls wander from the start of the map to the end, but can be killed by the constant waves of enemies.

The Hall of Im
All enemies in this hall have random changing immunities
Each time an enemy is killed, it will burts into flames creating a rift that spawns a new enemy 10 seconds later.
Spread throughout the map are multiple bosses, enemies killed near each boss will be prevented from respawning.
killing "Im" will reward you with his soul shard.

When you have all 4 soul shards collected, cube all 4 shards with any elite item to return the unique version + a plain trophy charm.
You must repeat the process to do it again.
You can also choose to take any existing elite unique and make it ethereal instead. This also consumes the souls.

Normal/NM/Hell shards only work on coresponding item tiers (Norm/Exceptional/Elite).

So far the levels are all added and linked and the banishing gate > hall of transference mechanisms are working.

Only 1 of the halls map has been done (Hall of Im). The other 3 halls are just using a copy of it. Making the maps is the most time consuming bit, (at least its fun though).
I still need to make the enemies and populate the levels.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:41 pm 

that sounds really cool! So I would just need a white Corona to cube with the shards to make a CoA? Plain trophy charm as in no stat bonuses? Will it be like LoS type difficulty, or just a really long journey like going to Samy?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:04 pm 
Game Server Host

Hall of KI, An and El would be an evening of playing. Hall of IM will be another evening. Im is built like a massive maze with no minimap.

I made this map ages ago, one of a few things I had backed up. It's been changed quite a bit since this screenie, but thats the size/theme for Im.

Trophy charm will maybe have bonuses granted in legion halls only. Mainly as a trophy for beating the content. Bosses and enemies who can drop loot will have decent item drops tho.

Bosses won't be insanely 1 shot hard. The way to dispatch them will be what makes them hard. Some will need to be kited, to get around invulnerability. Some will be more unique.

Quote:
El can only be hurt when in range of a Daybreak Soul. The souls wander from the start of the map to the end, but can be killed by the constant waves of enemies.

Think of this like the start of act 5 with the barbs walking north west. You need to protect them from regular enemies that are constantly spawning. If they survive to the boss, you can fully unload on it to kill it while keeping attention off the soul. You may even wanna have 2 teams, 1 surrounding the soul and one clearing the path ahead. Enemies will be spawning all the time so you cant just steam roll the level ahead of of the soul and wait for it.

Aiming for more of a strategy check than a gear check.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:27 pm 

Wow it sounds great :) I hope u will finish it soon, and make some version to test :)
GL with a project PureRage-DoD!
PS: I love idea with protecting :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:10 pm 
Game Server Host

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6376&p=51292#p51292

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:16 pm 

Sounds great Kev but all those options sounds like it might be a bitch to trouble shoot. There are a lot of chances of glitches and problems with options like. What are the chances you can get those sort of things working perfectly?

Last edited by oZio on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:15 pm 
Game Server Host

It'll be released as a SP HU expansion first, it'll be up to you guys and duff if you want it on the realm or not.

I hadn't planned on releasing it at all, it's just for my own enjoyment while I'm away from home with no net to play MP. It won't be finished any time soon anyway, I only have maybe 2 hours a week to spend on anything "fun" atm. :x

Edit: Everything thats listed in previous posts is possible and fairly straight forward. The banishing gate mechanism was complicated, but is working perfectly. I can toggle it so you only need 1 person to activate it for SP too.

For stuff like the immunity shields, all you need to do is give an aura to the daybreak soul that grants 1 energy to enemies. The boss then has an aura that grants 5000 all res *(1-energy). As soon as the boss is in range of the souls aura, it gets 1 energy and the calc becomes 5000*0.

For immunity after hitting something, you just need an enchant clone with 5000 all res and add it as a ctc on strike to the boss.

For constantly respawning minions, you give everything a 100% ctc skill on death that summons 1 random enemy that normally spawns on that level. Theres already a missile that does this. This is used to spawn the guardians in the banishing gate too.
To prevent them from spawning when killed near a boss, you give the boss an aura that grants 1 strength to everything. The 100%ctc minion skill is based on teeth. This uses a calc to dictate how many missiles to fire. Setting it to 1-strength means that when near the boss, they get 1 strength that reduces the number of enemies the ctc skill spawns from 1 to 0.

Offline Profile