Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 am

Post subject: How do you guys manage baal untwinked?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:37 am 

Me and a friend just got down the portal after the psn immune boss(cant remember the name) and got fucking smashed down in the castle. (we're playing hc so dying was a kinda big thing)

I was playing a warcry barb and he a rabies druid. And when we got down to the floor after the one with the tp I just got killed instantly by the unique berserker+whatever else is down there. I didnt stand a fucking chance. And I had bo and oak so I was on something like 7k hp.
my damage wasnt that bad either(imo) about 3-4k damage on my warcry. Still didnt stand a fucking snowballs chance in hell surviving that shit.
he was doing something like 15-20k damage with his rabies and we we're struggling as soon as we got down in to the castle where the tp is.

I dont think I had a lot of mdr/dr but it doesnt feel like I would have survived a lot longer even if I had 100-200 dr/mdr(which I'm not even sure I would be able to obtain).

How do you guys do it untwinked?!

please help

btw we've tried playing on other classes but we didnt have either oak or bo and couldnt even get past meph on those....

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: How do you guys manage baal untwinked?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:39 pm 
Game Server Host

Its not uncommon to get a terrible portal into the castle. You really wanna have some recastable minions to spam.
The zerker on the second floor is usually what killed folks. Especially if you get amped + confused.
Probs wanna farm up 8 SS diamonds and grab a decent shield with some skulls or ameths in it. Recastables are really the best way to deal with that mess, just have to be ready to run them away from the stairs so you can S/E > try again without the entrance being swarmed.

It's possible but you really need to just go slow and chip away at stuff in such a small team. I think it took like 5 hours or more when we done it with no gear.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:20 pm 

kev pretty much nailed it. If you want to tank the shit down there you really should have a shield with skulls and a lot of dr/mdr. It's nice to have a tanky merc with tons of LL too.

For the zerker king and that TP I usually do some hero shit and go in with the tank, and run passed them to pull them away then s/e, rejoin, then pull them bit by bit so you don't get swarmed on. It takes several hours like kev said.

The thing that will take longer is farming the gems in preparation. Save your flawless ones and run from blood moor to outer cloister for gem shrines.

Doing a 2 man untwinked is really tedious and quite difficult. The rabies is a nice choice, but the WC barb should have been brought up as a secondary for you IMO. He just won't pull his weight in a duo. He needs caster gear to do dmg, but does low dmg in melee range. I know you were probably thinking you need oak and bo and the magic/phys dmg + poison would allow you to get passed immunes, but really only oak is essential for normal, and you would have been better off making the wc a bo bitch and raising a foh pali, OR doing psn zon + fclaw druid. Last season imp and I made 4 chars, fclaw, psn jav, foh, bo bitch. That took us through the entire game untwinked and they're the same chars we did LoS with. An oaked decoy can tank pretty much everything in the game.

Also, the way I look at it- if you're not able to tank the ancients, you won't be able to tank the leapers. And if you can't tank the berserker king, you won't be tanking the WSG, let alone Glasya. So consider the death having saved you a couple hours :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:26 pm 

if you're almost required to run a bo bitch then I think you should get rid of bo and reduce the damage from mobs accordingly. Because its fucking retarded. Think about it. It doesnt really help the game at all.
Or make it like a aura or something(so someone actually has to play the barb) because this shit is fucking stupid if you almost have to have a bo bitch to be able to clear this shit.

I understand that you want difficulty but being "forced" to run a bo bitch to be able to clear the content with a setup that doesnt include a barb is a really shit idea.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:09 pm 

some characters just do it better than others. if u go tank barb you can slowly make it through just about every point in the game, but they really are extremely slow at it. its simply more convenient to make a boer and take a char that does more dmg.

ever since ci was removed from barbs i stopped playing them as main. everything they do other classes can do better. bo is the only real thing that makes them stand out on hc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:30 pm 

whats ci?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:46 pm 

ci= curse immunity
I'm not saying you have to have a bo bitch, I'm saying your wc barb would have been more useful in a duo party that way. My single player pali ran solo untwinked up to glaysa with no life buffs whatsoever, so really you don't NEED oak either.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:19 pm 

Verb wrote:
if you're almost required to run a bo bitch then I think you should get rid of bo and reduce the damage from mobs accordingly. Because its fucking retarded. Think about it. It doesnt really help the game at all.
Or make it like a aura or something(so someone actually has to play the barb) because this shit is fucking stupid if you almost have to have a bo bitch to be able to clear this shit.

I understand that you want difficulty but being "forced" to run a bo bitch to be able to clear the content with a setup that doesnt include a barb is a really shit idea.

You seem to be confusing a HC duo with rest of the game. A 3-4 man team with good party comp will wreck shit on HC with or without a bobitch. SC is even more forgiving with life buffs, and I really doubt many are running dedicated bobitches for anything but the hardest quests.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:19 pm 

How are you supposed to run a BO bitch? You can't make him auto follow and you can't TP so all you get is a few minutes of WCs? I don't get it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:48 pm 

A decent BO level with synergies maxed can hit 10 minutes pretty easily. More of a perk if you're playing SC. On HC if you don't have a full party(rare) I'd highly recommend a bobitch for solo/duo play.

Offline Profile