Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 am

Post subject: Does HoW and SoB Bonuses Work?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:37 pm 

Was just wondering if the 1% DR per hard point into Heart of Wolverine and the 1% elemental absorb per 2 points into Spirit of Barbs actually works? After putting a point into Heart of Wolverine my DR% didn't increase on stats.

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Does HoW and SoB Bonuses Work?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:09 pm 

Hmm. I just went to check it and i did get the DR%. My HoW is currently at 17 and I got 17%. Then i checked SoB which is at 1 point and my absorb did not change. So seems to me like HoW is working but not SoB. Maybe it's not kicking in untill you get more then 1 point into it? Not sure.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:40 pm 

HoW does work and has since its been implemented.

SoB works too. The only reason you don't see a 1% absorb from a 1 hard point SoB is because it is 1% absorb per 2 hard points.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:04 am 
Game Server Host

You need to be under the effect of the spirits aura to get the bonus. Same as every other bonus granted by any other spirit.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:31 pm 

DR from my HoW works good, i have +20% DR on stats from maxed HoW. But i havent LL bonus from feral rage on stats. I see +10% base feral leech, but not other (1% per 2 hard points). So all LL points works or only these i can see on stats ?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:09 am 

Feral worked last time I played one (before beta). I think the formula changed a little at that time. It could be that it is just not displaying, but you don't get the first % until the second point in the skill. Same with SoB.

Would like independent verification your findings before I or someone else has to open the files to find out...sorry tired from grading exams.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:42 am 
Game Server Host

Feral rage is unique as it uses 2 stats for lifesteal, not 1.

Lifesteal on other skills that gives a flat amount or items uses the stat "lifedrainmindam"
Lifesteal on feral rage uses "lifedrainmindam" as its starting point lifesteal and "lifedrainmaxdam on its top end lifesteal.

This is due to the way feral rage skill functions are coded and is how the increase per charge works.

The plugin that displays extended stats on the char screen shows the value for "lifedrainmindam" as that is the one used by 99.9% of the items/skills. To display the max value, you would need to have the char screen show an additional box, unique to feral rage that would show your "Top tier" leech bonus. Again, this isn't perfect as it would show only the value of "lifedrainmaxdam" and would ignore other sources of lifesteal.

Offline Profile