Login | Register


All times are UTC - 5 hours


It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:56 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: New Items?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:56 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:26 am
Posts: 490
Location: Richmond Va
Has anyone found any new uniques yet? If so, post some pics crackers.

_________________
I was never more at home than I was in battle. - Solomon Kane


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Items?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:56 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:05 am
Posts: 422
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: <- is happy
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:16 pm 

Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:03 am
Posts: 97
Ahhh...I just love it when the mod designers listen to their fans when they have valid concerns. This is what makes HU a better game than the rest, in my opinion. Increase maximum life 50%, 3 sockets, ITD...plus vigor to boot...can't wait to see the 95 pike.

_________________
___________________________
"I ponder whether romantic relationships are really just handed down to us as forms of divine retribution in disguise."-Eric Watts


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Items?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:46 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:05 am
Posts: 422
Yea it's pretty decent. I would however like a more useful aura on it, maybe blessed aim for some ar goodness? And some cb would make a jabber more useful on bosses.

But the 50% life bonus is just what the build needed, will be fun to do a new jabber for this one.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Items?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:32 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:28 am
Posts: 1125
Location: Vancouver, BC
I'm a big fan of Vigor aura. It allows you to walk around rather than run, and not feel like you're going too slow. Without Vigor or 100% FRWalk, I get impatient with walking around. I know the only difference between running and walking is 2 yards per second, but I just seem to get anxious when I see my character walk.

Just today I timed my Blazer (145% FRWalk) walking across Rogue Camp (from the eastern corner near Akara to the Southern corner). Walking, it takes about 5-6 seconds, but running it takes 5 seconds. Not much difference in speed.

Considering a running character loses all of their defence bonus and I think 2/3 of their shield block rate, it's really nice to be able to walk comfortably. Especially for a Zon without a shield.

The 3 sockets on that pike look sexy. What does the community think would be the biggest bang for the buck when it comes to socketables?

I'll start the debate off with suggesting 3 MS Skulls. That would bring the weapon 30% Life leach, 30% Mana Leach, and 70% Deadly Strike (with just 1 point in CriticalStrike with +Skills, I'm sure the Zon would have 90%+ chance of doing double the listed char-screen damage on every attack).

Maybe 1 MS Skull with 2 eth runes? The -50% TargetAC from the Eth runes means that when the char screen says you've got a 20% chance to miss a target, you just half that chance, so 80% chance to hit becomes 90%, and 50% becomes 75%. This bonus holds for bosses too, unlike IgnoreTargetDefence. You'd also gain 40% EDamage nowadays, but that's just another 20-50 damage on that item.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Items?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:35 pm 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:48 am
Posts: 2432
Also keep an eye out for enhanced unique items. From what I am seeing most every low end unique has been buffed and all low sets now give +2 to all skills rather than +1.

With the ability to have consistent +%ED from low runes, it should make for quite a bit more power in low level characters.

_________________
People who live in cinder block houses can throw whatever they want.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Items?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:49 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:42 am
Posts: 725
valor gives +2 all skills.. thought it was +1 before..


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Items?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:54 pm 

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:19 am
Posts: 89
i just found a seraph with 2 all skill 2 def skill 25 ALL RES 20 IAS and the old ar and dmg against demon and ud. some upgrade here


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Items?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:39 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:05 am
Posts: 422
Image

"Jab" started and breezing through a1 so far. Soloed to the smith now almost without using any pots. Damn it was really made alot easier!


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Items?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:11 am 

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:02 pm
Posts: 284
FuryCury wrote:
post some pics crackers.


Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Items?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:55 am 

Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:19 pm
Posts: 621
Location: Reno NV
Holy shit that pike is GG.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Items?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:13 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:42 am
Posts: 725
wow...... definately makes the class viable.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Items?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:21 am 

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:45 am
Posts: 62
hunterAS wrote:
wow...... definately makes the class viable.



more then just viable :O maybe a couple too many preferable mods... having all 3 barb 1 hit wonders seems a tad overkill, just my opinion though. but i dont recall seeing another lvl 95 item thats so specific.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Items?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:41 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:05 am
Posts: 422
No ar, no cb and no leech though. So I'd say that it's pretty spot on for a weak class like this. Let's you use tyraels instead of war.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Items?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:28 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:42 am
Posts: 725
scump wrote:
hunterAS wrote:
wow...... definately makes the class viable.



more then just viable :O maybe a couple too many preferable mods... having all 3 barb 1 hit wonders seems a tad overkill, just my opinion though. but i dont recall seeing another lvl 95 item thats so specific.


doesn't overpower them at all.. make them viable... they still suck early on until they reach it unless someone has found the other pike... the 75 isn't too great.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron