Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 pm

Post subject: NM Baal immune to everything?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:24 am 

We tried it three times. Spawned with immunity to every element all three times. How did you guys kill him?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: NM Baal immune to everything?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:40 am 

Yeah he is indeed quad immune, sometimes triple. It's not intended and is a bug, which I'm hoping to release a mid ladder patch that won't require a reset to fix(as I'm sure hell will be even worse). The immunity breaks pretty easily with low level LR or conviction though thankfully in NM. Otherwise you'll have to use physical damage or magic.

I think the problem stems from using 1.3b monstats.txt values. I'm guessing dew set Baal's resists slightly lower in his 1.3c monstats to work with Baal's random salvation aura.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:41 pm 

It's as I expected. Baal's resists are significantly lower(30% less) to work with dew's random salvation aura. So we can either remove the salvation aura and leave the resists as is, or tweak his resists back to the values dew set. Personally I'm in favor of the first option but either way works for me.

I'll contact Duff and see how he feels about throwing up a server side bug fix patch sometime this week.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:13 pm 

As interesting as the rotating resistances are, I never personally thought that bosses should be random in this regard. Subbosses or superuniques, I am more willing to see more random. I understand his thoughts on it, but you can get kinda screwed over if it doesn't roll your way.

Offline Profile