Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:30 am

Post subject: Just a few technical questions
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:45 pm 

Hi. I have been wondering about a few things and never quite figured out the answers. Any information would be appreciated. Hopefully others have been wondering the same things and the answers will help them out as well.

(A.) I understand that Clay, Blood, Iron, and Fire golems are Elemental enchanted or poison enchanted. Does this mean they purely do Elemental/Poison damage? Or do they do Physical damage and the Elemental/Poison damage is additional? What %'s Endgame approximately would the ratio be from physical damage to elemental damage (If this is the case)? I'm asking this mainly to decide on which curse to max either LR or Amplify damage so any recommendation would be appreciated.

(B.) Is Ctc Damage effected by Synergies? i.e. If I have a Ctc Fireball, will it do more damage if i have meteor at lvl 20? Also will charges/0skill meteor effect the damage if i am not a Sorceress?

(C.) Does Battle Cry work on Act Bosses? (The icon seems to apply so I assume it does?) Also on act bosses are the effects limited or full strength?

(D.) Do charges work as synergies for 0skill abilities? i.e. If i have charges of meteor and 0skill fireball would the fireball be stronger? (This is also for a none Sorce character.).

(E.) I heard that if you have multiple auras equipped glitches can occure. What are these glitches and can they be fixed somehow?

I guess that's all I can think of for now. Any information will be appreciated thanks in advance. :D

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Just a few technical questions
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:16 pm 

A) I can't guarantee that all of this information is correct. However, I can guarantee that the listed damage is the physical component. A Force Golem attacking a fire immune monster will deal damage.
My assumption is that the golems function like any other unique monster with the respective "Cold Enchanted", "Fire Enchanted", etc modifier. What this would mean, in the case of Blood/Force/Clay, that on top of the physical damage done there is an additional amount of respective elemental damage. According to the D2 Wikia (no idea of the accuracy), this additional damage is 66-100% of the monster's physical damage. Again, I can't say for sure if these values apply to HU, as many things have been changed.
Nor can I say if this additional damage is a product of your displayed physical damage or if it is based on the actual physical damage dealt to the monster. In other words, I don't know if monster physical resistance plays any part in the additional elemental damage like it does with a skill like Dragon Tail. (This can easily be tested versus a physical immune monster)

As for which curse you should max, I think that should be decided by mercenary choice more than anything.

B) Yes. As far as I know, CTC spells function as if they were cast by the character. This means passive pierce, synergies, and elemental mastery should all apply to CTC casts. Oskill does NOT apply synergy benefits like charges (without a point in the skill) do. Oskills are always treated as soft points in a skill and will not receive any benefits of hard points in a skill.

C) Yes. But Battle Cry takes up the curse slot, which means it's a pretty outclassed effect compared to ramping up the damage of your entire party.

D) Yes. Oskills are treated as if the character actually has the skill, so proper synergy bonuses will apply.

E) No idea and I have never ran into this issue in normal gameplay.

Hope this helps and if anyone more familiar with the mechanics can C/D the information I've written here I'd greatly appreciate it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:12 pm 

Cool thanks very much. Helps a ton. :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:25 pm 

There was a pretty extensive test by *cough* Blue and maybe a couple others. It was to try to answer which was better to use, Lower res or Amp for the elemental golems. If I recall correctly, it was roughly the same result.

The auras weirdness happens when you use set items that give an aura (like Hsarus). and other items that have an aura independently of the set.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Oskill and SKill
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:04 am 

B. I dont think Meteor will do more damage
Beacause i try to make a Healer sin, with 20prayer (oskill) and 20Holybolt (oskill), if it work, holybolt can heal upto 300Hp/bolt, but It just 50-60HP/sec,
I dont believe this, Holy didnot receive prayer, because Imnot paladin :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:54 pm 
Game Server Host

Oskills do not give synergy bonuses because they are giving you X amount of soft points to that skill. Charges are applied differently and are counted as hard points.

You cant get charges of an aura for obvious reasons.

Oskills and CTC can be synergised by charges or hard points in a synergy.

IE.
CTC level 20 fireball can be synergised by charges of meteor or by points into meteor.
CTC fireball will not grant a synergy to meteor.
CTC fireball can't be synergised by oskill meteor.
Oskill fireball can be synergised by charges of meteor or points in meteor
Oskill fireball can't be synergised by Oskill meteor.
Oskill fireball will not grant a synergy to meteor.
Charges of fireball can be synergised by charges of meteor or points in meteor.
etc. etc.

Charges will not act as a synergy if you have a point in the synergy skill already.
Ie. If you have an item with charges of level 33 meteor, fireball will get the synergy of 33 hard points. If you are a sorceress, this will still work as long as you don't put a point in meteor. As soon as you put 1 point into meteor, that is the synergy that is counted and the charges have no further effect on the skill.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:23 am 

F.) Does the added damage from Runes/Facets apply only to physical attacks? Or does it apply to spells as well? I.e. Surs add 375 magic damage in armor, would it apply to my spells dmg?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:53 pm 
Game Server Host

Applies only to melee/ranged attacks that use weapon damage. Spells are not effected.
Ie. It applies to fireclaws/frost bite because you are actually hitting them. It won't apply to teeth but will apply to multiple shot.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:24 pm 

Gotcha. Thanks again. :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:04 am 

G.) How does ''Damage goes to Mana'' work exactly? What is the max % amount for it? And how exactly does it work with energy shield? Any differently? Or perhaps like a large damage reduction %?

H.) Can you frenzy as a Barbarian in Wolf form?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:34 am 
Game Server Host

H) the % of damage taken after all reductions (PDR/DR/Res/Absorb/PDT/MDT/EnergyShield) is added to your mana pool.
Ie.
a 1k phys hit, with 75% ES and 50% DR with 50% damage to mana:
ES reduces damage to 250, DR% reduces it again to 125. 50% of the 125 taken is then added to your mana, so you return 62.5 mana. The damage taken is not reduced by DTgtM.

It helps to know the reduction order:
ES
Bone Armor/Ele Armor
PDT/MDT
Resists
Absorb%
Flat Absorb

I) No, frenzy and double swing/throw are locked out by shapeshift states.

Offline Profile