Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:10 am

Post subject: how do i get six socket one hand weapon to rw
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:45 pm 

yep yep and if u tell me its only fuckin hell shank im gonna be pissed cause the rw i wanna make is only 59

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: how do i get six socket one hand weapon to rw
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:48 pm 

socket quest or just hope to find one that drops is the only way i know of.

all those 6 socket runewords probably should have been changed to 5 sockets.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:01 pm 

if it hasnt been changed from vanilla d2, the amount of sockets you will get from larzuk does NOT matter on difficulty of the quest, but where you find the white item. larzuk in any difficulty will always give the maximum amount of sockets for that item based on the ilvl of the item. dont expect 6 sockets on an item you find in act1 normal. but if you found the white item in hell, i would say it should get 6 sockets no matter what (as long as the item has a 6 socket maximum). then again, this isnt vanilla d2 so it may be changed... i wouldnt try larzuk unless you know the item was from a high level monster and that you are ok with risking it.

but you bring up a good side point pappy...i think there should be a socket recipe for 6 socketed white weapons. 2 X sockets i think works for a nice recipe for 6 socketing only white weapons, and leaving 1 X socket for 5 sockets in a weapon.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:52 pm 

2x sounds like a great idea lol ill see if i can write teh code up for it and ill send to duff hehe

also be cool to see some low end six sockets and rune words since we making norm so damn easy anyway

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:01 pm 

The last time I used Larzuk's quest was back in HU v1.04-v1.06 I think. Back then I did it gave 4 sockets to a crystal sword bought in A2 (I think back then Socket items didn't affect non-magic items). The quest isn't useful for much else, and even less so nowadays.

Around v1.10, Mancer mentioned that items dropping in any difficulty or area could spawn max-sockets for their item type. I've never bothered to test if an A2 crystal sword socketed at Larzuk could reach 6 sockets, but in theory it would.

If Pappy doesn't have a Socket-quest reward handy, then maybe just ask someone online to socket the item for you. I know I'd give you mine, since the quest is pretty useless for anything I want (Dragonhat and Tiamat Shield).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:43 pm 

muleofal wrote:
if it hasnt been changed from vanilla d2, the amount of sockets you will get from larzuk does NOT matter on difficulty of the quest, but where you find the white item. larzuk in any difficulty will always give the maximum amount of sockets for that item based on the ilvl of the item. dont expect 6 sockets on an item you find in act1 normal. but if you found the white item in hell, i would say it should get 6 sockets no matter what (as long as the item has a 6 socket maximum). then again, this isnt vanilla d2 so it may be changed... i wouldnt try larzuk unless you know the item was from a high level monster and that you are ok with risking it.

but you bring up a good side point pappy...i think there should be a socket recipe for 6 socketed white weapons. 2 X sockets i think works for a nice recipe for 6 socketing only white weapons, and leaving 1 X socket for 5 sockets in a weapon.

noper here normal act two cs gets six on larzuk

Offline Profile