Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 pm

Post subject: Single spawning
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:34 pm 

It's endemic. This has become the norm now. When I refuse to participate I get asked 'Why not?' every time; I must be the one in the wrong. Unfortunately this is not an exaggeration, there's only one other person I'm aware of that is also 'in the wrong'. Everyone else has either been openly encouraging this tactic (lol) or unabashedly complicit.

However, this post is not to debate the issue but to propose a fix: uniform spawning. Keep a flat rate of monster health and whatnot for all 1-8 player spawns.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Single spawning
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:58 pm 

It's always been this way. The last folks I played with did not single spawn anything. In fact, when one person said we should, he was summarily dismissed.

Simply putting it to players 8 (which would be the only acceptable flat rate imo) punishes smaller parties (3-4) too severely.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:30 pm 

I don't see the point, especially in normal when it's already EZ-Mode, to single spawn. As for flat rates across all party sizes, you then run into the problem of having some people (such as myself) getting frustrated trying to progress on their own because they got left behind in their party's dust.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:44 am 

Doesn't have to be players 8. Make it players 4 or 3 or less. That doesn't punish small parties nor reward big ones that are ssing anyway. The sliver of people in between can either play by themselves or suck it up and join the herd... which is exactly what their options are currently.

So it seems from the above that nothing needs to be changed, that the community makes it work the way they want it to work regardless. Well a flat rate also means no players 8 mode for fast experience. Take away that as the price for ssing, and that's being charitable.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:54 am 

retrov wrote:
Doesn't have to be players 8. Make it players 4 or 3 or less.

It's currently set to 3.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:20 am 

FuryCury wrote:
retrov wrote:
Doesn't have to be players 8. Make it players 4 or 3 or less.

It's currently set to 3.
It was 3 the last patch, not sure if Dew used a clientside d2mod.ini which is 2.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:05 am 

Well you do what you gotta on SC when everyone is just making amazon/assa/sorc instead of playing a composition that can get somewhere legitimately.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:01 am 

I did a quick ladder headcount and there are between 40-60 of each type of char. Hardly a bias towards any particular type. Also the minimum levels in the top 15 of each type ranged from at least level 30-50 so they would all appear to be in somewhat consistent usage.

Not wanting to refute what you yourself are seeing, Corr, but the numbers would suggest that good party composition is at least attainable.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:15 am 

retrov wrote:
I did a quick ladder headcount and there are between 40-60 of each type of char. Hardly a bias towards any particular type. Also the minimum levels in the top 15 of each type ranged from at least level 30-50 so they would all appear to be in somewhat consistent usage.

Not wanting to refute what you yourself are seeing, Corr, but the numbers would suggest that good party composition is at least attainable.

Aye, I'm mostly looking at the nm/hell players where not having a decent hp buff or tank starts to really matter.

I guess the top 8 might all be in act 3 together. 3 zons and 2 assassins? I'm sure they've been under/singlespawning.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:12 am 

retrov wrote:
It's endemic. This has become the norm now. When I refuse to participate I get asked 'Why not?' every time; I must be the one in the wrong. Unfortunately this is not an exaggeration, there's only one other person I'm aware of that is also 'in the wrong'. Everyone else has either been openly encouraging this tactic (lol) or unabashedly complicit.

However, this post is not to debate the issue but to propose a fix: uniform spawning. Keep a flat rate of monster health and whatnot for all 1-8 player spawns.

If you want more challenge, make the mod HC all the way. Just my thoughts.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:09 pm 

Sadly, SS is nothing new. It really became the norm in 1.3a because of the radical changes brought forth. I've been adamant in my time on the realms that I'll leave a game before I'll participate in low spawning. I mean FFS any decent party can rock the game from start to finish fairly easily if they are willing to just work a little bit. IIRC, the biggest reason for SSing games is because poison is less effective at higher spawn rates, so since poison was dominate, low spawn became the norm rather than the exception. My 2 cents here.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

Here is the current settings :

HPTable = 200,200,200,300,375,450,475,500

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:38 pm 

That is a peculiar curve of health to player amount, I'm not gonna begin to try to understand the logic behind it. All I see is it takes a good party at most 5 minutes more to kill a full spawned boss, or a shit party 10 minutes more, when they both probably spent a good hour or two arriving at the boss in the first place. Ridiculously though, they all leave the game before popping the seals, or after each baal minion, like lemmings on the cliff edge.

I forget why it was reduced to the 200% minimum in the first place. Why not just keep it 300% across the board, eliminate single spawning period. If there is anyone left who honestly never single spawns, and they find themselves easily killing bosses at 300% with a full 8 man team, well then they are very lucky to have formed such a good team, it doesn't happen often enough. Noone else will notice the difference.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:14 pm 

That is plus 200%, etc. i.e. min spawn = 3player spawn.

There are people that full spawn because we aren't wusses. This beta, every boss that I helped fight was properly spawned for X players. I know a lot SS, but making it +200% across the board is silly. Please quit putting kindred folks in this 'everybody' boat.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:08 am 

I'm not saying it's a case of me and everybody else. I think I've made clear distinctions between those that ss and those that don't and tried to propose a solution that impacts neither side that much. It might be silly but then so is that little piece of string some women have dangling out of them. Still does the job.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:19 am 

Single spawn has bean around sence Hu was put online.. Sad as it is people need to play this way.. Simple fix is if you have people in your party that want to take the weak way out and want to single spawn just tell them to leave your party if they don't want to leave you and the others that want to play legit ether leave the party and regroup or simply start a new game priv problem solved.. 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:30 pm 

the reason a lot of people did ss was for either farming azmodan/belial or if a boss was too hard for a party that didnt have good composition or was just public game

face it, its the path of least resistance. a good party will always find a way, so let the public players do whatever it takes to get by as long as its not damaging to the content of the game or severe imbalance (psn zon durrr)

Abominae wrote:
@Blue
Hmmm.... Sometimes I believe your logic is on another fucked up plane of existence.

Offline Profile