Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 pm

Post subject: Beta feedback
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:03 pm 

I'm looking to get an update out with all the bug fixes so I'm looking for any feedback. Such as any balance tweaks people feel are needed. This excludes boss tweaks since I already know about those issues. I really would like to get more feedback on pallies and barbs

While I'm at it, I liked making sob worth maxing so here's somthing for how. I can make how work for increasing shockwave damage when its active. It would work just like concentration does for blessed hammer. Shockwave would gain a damage boost equal to half the listed enhanced damage from how. Ofcourse I would like input for this such as a target final damage on shockwave and if people would be interested in this at all.

Last edited by dew on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Beta feedback
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:28 pm 

Give barbs 1% dr per Iron Skin hard point ^^

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:03 pm 

I can't really comment on shockwave except that many have called for something useful being done with it. I have never used it more than a 1pt wonder.

As for Maul, are you saying it would only receive 1/2 the bonus, or would receive another 50% increase on top? I can only ask why for either case. I am not sure I get the point of either? Is it OP or something at this point? I know it was said it's strong in normal...but a lot is.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:08 pm 

slappyNuts wrote:
Give barbs 1% dr per Iron Skin hard point ^^

zzz my idea! lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:09 pm 

iso fire shrines name changed to Lee Shrine.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:45 am 

Eh typo its suupposed to buff shockwave.....fixed

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:54 pm 

kramuti wrote:

As for Maul, are you saying it would only receive 1/2 the bonus, or would receive another 50% increase on top? I can only ask why for either case. I am not sure I get the point of either? Is it OP or something at this point? I know it was said it's strong in normal...but a lot is.

Maul has been far from overpowered at any point in the game. The 2handed damage reward still isn't there for sticking your neck out on a character with less than stellar survivability and the worst recovery frames in the game. Main Oak on Mauler is also often a total nightmare, as well as having total crap Oak to begin with. It has a niche in the fact that you can max bear form and Maul for the highest 2handed ED% in the game, but at this point in the game its not doing overly much for it. As far as CB'ing goes, Fury will outdo it because werewolf has the best recovery in the game and requires less extreme IAS to hit very fast breakpoints.
The leech nerfs definitely hit the build hard. Before you can get GG defensive gear on 2handed builds you're definitely banking on some leech for Nightmare survivability.

To be honest, physical damage is still appearing lackluster past normal. Rolling an almost entirely physical party from the beginning (Mauler, Summon Nec, Mentalsin) damage slowed tremendously as we got into Nightmare. Maul wasn't even able to dent Nightmare Baal, with CB or otherwise. We're still unsure what that was about, but we had max Amplify Damage on him, he should have been taking quite a bit of damage from a geared mauler.

I have yet to play a melee character myself this patch (though, my only two builds are physical damage based), but from what I have personally seen and experienced, melee and physical damage did more damage last patch in Nightmare and Hell than they have been doing this patch. Melee gear is definitely taking leaps and bounds as far as being fixed, but the physical changes on bosses and reducing Amp on trash doesn't bode well for physical damage and really needs to be looked at and reconsidered. This is my #1 gripe with the patch and the biggest balance flaw that I've experienced thus far.

Also, monster amplify damage needs to be buffed. With the amplify damage changes this patch, its made most monster amplify damage weak as crap.

As far the beta patch as a whole, I've enjoyed it a lot so far. Summon Druid definitely needs no more buffs, so let's stop buffing them every patch. The build is very strong now. I've been able to comfortably (but in not anyway quickly) solo every trash area with just summons and an A2 mercenary, even withoutTeleport. HoW really doesn't need anymore reasons to max it, its definitely the 3rd best party buff in the game and by far the greatest party ED buff. My Druid is approaching 700% ED/AR/Def on his HoW and I expect to hit at least 900% when geared fully. With HoW up, my Druid currently provides ~1000% Enhanced Damage to the entire party between HoW/Might/Fanat. When rolling with a Skelearcher summoner, shit is pretty awesome.

As far as the Shockwave goes, I would definitely nerf the damage if you want to go that route. Even 15k Shockwave can reach 60k+ with twinked HoW.

Just my 2 cents and rambling thus far.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:50 pm 

Boost vulc/molten/fissure synergies by 4 or 5% - these spells really are lacking end game compared to firestorm thanks to nexthit/counters/delay so at least let them be strong(without making monters' fissure/vulv too strong)

Boost topaz crafts a bit, either by setting min/max -res/% to 12-16% or by adjusting affixes.

Inc rabies synergies to 17 or 18%, previously it was 33%, now only (summed) 28%, that build is really slow in 4+ppl games compared to other psn chars. Also psn creeper needs major tier 4-5 buff, it becomes useless once you max rabies.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:05 pm 

Great patch, good to see people playing again.

However, how does everyone feel about Barbs?? I see no one really uses them still and my throw barb is pretty useless right now in NM.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:24 pm 

Once we get the amp/pdr values hammered out barbs should be looking a lot better(physical damage in general really). I do have a couple ideas to give barbs some love, as they are pretty lacking passives wise compared to other melee these days. I was thinking of removing the block penalties from them, making their mastery's DS softpoint based again, and Slappy has a pretty good idea of giving them 1% DR per hard point iron skin. Also wanna do a little work to buff concentrate and berserk. Double throw too I suppose if it's needed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:58 pm 

Yeah generallly barbs still seem to be bo bitches still. If we add dr% to iron skin then I would like to see it removed from frenzy. instead give frenzy life leech again. And yeah the block penalty hurts when you go with a shield. I have an idea for concentrate, I just have to see if it will work

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:45 pm 

Maybe I am biased, but I don't really like relocating dr% from Frenzy.

Let's see an average barb build:

20 points on Battle Orders - a must, without it you are going to be shunned and kicked out of all parties. :P
20 points on Increased Life or however it's called. You want survival.
20 points on an attack skill.. because it's good to have one.
20 points on a mastery.. you need it.
The leftovers are generally going onto a synergy to get some more damage which you never have enough of.

With the dr relocation, you couldn't max any synergies since you would have to spend those points in Iron Skin, effectively reducing the damage of barbs.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:38 pm 

Even 40% dr from frenzy+the proposed iron skin change doesn't hold a candle to Assasin's curse immunity, which is potentially acting as 100% dr, and they get claw block when frenzy doesn't have a shield or ax block lol

Thoughts?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:04 pm 

slappyNuts wrote:
Even 40% dr from frenzy+the proposed iron skin change doesn't hold a candle to Assasin's curse immunity, which is potentially acting as 100% dr, and they get claw block when frenzy doesn't have a shield or ax block lol

Thoughts?

I mean this change makes sense. when was the last time you saw a frenzy barb? Assasins this patch and last patch with claw block, fade, and increased speed ruin barbs. I mean barbs were meant to either tank or go mass damage. you get niether with frenzy at the moment. So whats the point. Since with frenzy you have to go toe to toe with no shield this change should be taken into consideration in my opinion.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: bug
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:06 pm 

FYI i realize with leaf runeword on my sorc I have trouble taking the doors in arcane and in tombs. If i switch the weapon to something else i can go through with no problem. Any one else had this issue?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:23 pm 

Delta wrote:
FYI i realize with leaf runeword on my sorc I have trouble taking the doors in arcane and in tombs. If i switch the weapon to something else i can go through with no problem. Any one else had this issue?

Yeah it's been like that forever. I think a problem with putting fireball in the first spell slot actually, pressing w just changes what's in your spell slot.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:06 am 

oZio wrote:
Delta wrote:

Yeah it's been like that forever. I think a problem with putting fireball in the first spell slot actually, pressing w just changes what's in your spell slot.

Never realized that, but I havent played a sorc in forever. Thanks for the fyi!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:53 am 

About when should we have the bug fixes?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:30 pm 

well i would like the update to include as many fixes/adjustments as possible but it seems feedback has been limited to only a few people. that and Duff is MIA, so i cant update without him being around

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:59 pm 

A barbarian...the character with one of if the the highest life bulbs in the game is being compared at an assassin? A barb gets almost double an assassin's life. Last ladder my barb did 57k WW, that's at 4fpa. What melee sin could ever even come close to those numbers? Apple to oranges my friends...you can't compare the two.

As for iron skin getting 1% DR per hard point....I think it's a bad idea. Don't get me wrong...way to think outside the box, but barbs don't need it. All the change will do is make it a bit easier for for an already viable class to get max DR.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:12 pm 

ISO more feedback. Particularly with poison and other power builds. I'm guessing poison is much of the same so I'd like to know for sure if they need more adjustment or not. I wanna start writing up a new wishlist for dew to implement if he chooses to and finishing the adjustments to poison is definitely a top priority. I figure dew has his own ideas for fixing the melee/pdr issue so I'll leave that to him.

Also the 10% lv10 amp proc on goreriders is a bit much on lv65 boots, or boot slot in general IMO. Other than being a incredibility good amp proc for mercs and melees without a source of amp, it makes gores unusable by a melee that wants his high level necro amp.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:27 pm 

I have played a lightning/chain sorc to 71. I like the decreased cast animation, however, the mana cost for these skills is through the roof at 7-9 FPC. Maybe reduce the mana cost by 1/3? I went 50 base vita and the rest in energy with points in ES. Even with 2k mana @ lvl 40 something, she couldnt spam lightning. That was w/o ES on.

I can definitely tell there was a nerf to poison. My java isnt near as OP as she was...still a viable build though. The bummer is when I tried norm D with my lvl 50 venom-sin. I was using bladefury to apply the venom. With bosses massive poison length reduction, venom was doing little to no damage. Anyway to make said reduction only apply to skills that last for a lengthy time? IE: rabies/plague/stab.

Side note. Was bloodmana removed? Berserkers in a1 used to cast it, and now do not. I like pure energy sorc's....so Im not really complaining, just curious.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:26 pm 

it seems like the blood mana curse was removed in its entirety. It shouldn't have been done on every monster that used it imo...kept forgetting to comment on this.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:18 pm 

i didnt touch monster skills so i have no idea why its missing but i will look into it,

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:56 am 

Hell Baal is a really epic fight, but the immunity swapping seems to be really random, AND it made the appendages immune as well (normal and unique ones). When Baal was immune to fire, I was useless cuz I couldn't even kill the appendages as they were immune too. I think the immunity thing on baal is pretty cool, but its a bit much on EVERYTHING, as there are times he (and everything) are immune to every single element (rarely, though). All I could do in that case is cast wolves at him to keep him from healing. Also, it seems he heavily favors being poison immune. Is there some kind of pattern or science to it? Or is it truly random and he just really didn't want us to kill him with a psn zon?

Anyways maybe I am biased on how this works since it was done as a duo. I'm sure it isn't as bad with 3 or 4+ parties since you'd have multiple elements constantly attacking him (I'm think that was the whole idea when it was implemented)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:53 am 

Purely random nuber rolls, range is set at 25-35 resists added. Every 3 seconds it repicks a number in that range for each resist. Over 31 he is immune and his max resist is 104 for each element. Glad to here he has been beat. I will look into why everythin got the immunity. I prollly just missed setting the range to 0.
@furycury
I can only adust it in general, but with the zon and rabies nerf we could maybe lower the length reduction by 10%

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:09 pm 

drrod wrote:
ISO more feedback. Particularly with poison and other power builds. I'm guessing poison is much of the same so I'd like to know for sure if they need more adjustment or not. I wanna start writing up a new wishlist for dew to implement if he chooses to and finishing the adjustments to poison is definitely a top priority. I figure dew has his own ideas for fixing the melee/pdr issue so I'll leave that to him.

Also the 10% lv10 amp proc on goreriders is a bit much on lv65 boots, or boot slot in general IMO. Other than being a incredibility good amp proc for mercs and melees without a source of amp, it makes gores unusable by a melee that wants his high level necro amp.

I think they were meant to be on struck rather than striking.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:23 pm 

dew wrote:
Purely random nuber rolls, range is set at 25-35 resists added. Every 3 seconds it repicks a number in that range for each resist. Over 31 he is immune and his max resist is 104 for each element. Glad to here he has been beat. I will look into why everythin got the immunity. I prollly just missed setting the range to 0.
@furycury
I can only adust it in general, but with the zon and rabies nerf we could maybe lower the length reduction by 10%

OK that makes sense. Thanks. We were just really getting some unlucky rolls then, as it seemed like his res were rolling much slower than every 3 seconds. He was seriously immune to everything for a good couple minutes when we first walked in lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:10 am 

Corr wrote:
I think they were meant to be on struck rather than striking.

No, it was meant to be done on striking. It was that way before, I just upped the values by request. It seems that it was too much.

The request of these values was made to give melee a version of amp that is useful, but not overwhelming. 10/10 is seemingly too much for a couple of stated reasons.

What values do people suggest? 3, 5, 6%?. 1% was a joke. I never used them at this level because you might as well fart on a boss and hope he falls over from the stank before you are going to get it to proc.

What level proc do folks suggest. Lower than ~10 makes it less valuable than decrepify...would have to look to get exact pierce value.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:49 am 

Thunder Stroke Javs are lvl 90 requirement. I don't think this was intentional?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:20 pm 

Here is the list of intentional changes to level 90. I don't see it, so if it was changed, it was not intentional. What was the original level?

Grandfather, Schaeffer's, Windhammer, Executioner's, Tomb Reaver, Crown of Ages, Griffins, Steel Pillar, Iron Ward, GhostFlame, Windforce, Death Cleaver, Steel Rends, and Worldstone Granite returned to their original level 90. x

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:56 pm 

yea I read that before posting. Tstrokes were a 95 item, all the ones reduced to 90 on that list were 92 last patch I think

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:53 pm 

quick mention on Hydra - so i can see this is getting a slight buff now having some AOE affect. The only downside i can see with Hydra that i have experinced is that summoning lots of Hydra's on boss fights causes lots of counters and alot of people moan and ask you to stop casting your main DPS spell. Can we confirm if hydra does causes counters?? and either do one of the following:

1 - Remove Hydra causing counters
2 - Reduce the amount of Hydras you can summon but buff the damage

Option 2 would also allow a Hydra Sorc to get to there max DPS quicker in fights rather than have to wait and build it up - other classes are capable of perfomring there max DPS alot of quicker or instantly.

Thoughts??

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:02 pm 

the counters are casted @ the hydra, but you just need to not cast too many if your team can't handle the counters

btw, it looks like some of the sets like immortal king/etc were intended to be made into exceptional sets, as a bunch of the items that were elite before are now exceptional, and now their req lvl is lowered quite a bit, but some of the items apparently missed that train and are left with high lvl req and are elite still. Not sure if this was intentional or not. Natalya claw, IK helm are 2 I can think of off the top of my head that have been left as elite

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:22 pm 

Just IK gloves, boots, belt, and Nat boot's were changed to exceptional. It's intentional. Basically just wanted melee or melee orientated builds to be able to make use out of the awesome AR bonus IK combo provides(IK was originally mostly exceptional parts). Nat's boots were tweaked so you can upgrade it into adamant base.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:18 am 

Any word on whether or nor there will be a reset lol sorry for the annoying inquiry.. I just died on a L97 char lmao!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:11 pm 

Lee wrote:
Any word on whether or nor there will be a reset lol sorry for the annoying inquiry.. I just died on a L97 char lmao!

Thats why you don't play Hardcore ^_^

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:52 pm 

No resets for you hahahaha.... :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:56 pm 

Asteroth wrote:
No resets for you hahahaha.... :lol:

Would like to know when the reset is expected to come. For real.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:00 pm 

Id think there would be a reset after seeing some of the items that need to be changed. I am already bored T_T

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:04 pm 

I agree that there should probably be a reset. Most of the changes would pass, but there is at least one item that would be left stronger than some feel comfortable with, Goreriders (and annoys some due to overriding necro amp).
I am not sure what happens with gems and sapphires. I need to fixed the last couple of tiers (why is it always the bloody sapphire btw?).
Do people really want poison facets starting at 2? Nobody is going to use it. There is no other mod on the jewel to get anybody to. Why the hell make it? (and to me, 2% is...insulting for some reason).

These would be the main ones that make me think that we should reset it in the reasonably near future. There can be other points made about what I either messed up, or turned out bugged due to how some missile functions work, but most those are fixable because people won't want the bugged items that don't work as intended. This is also only including item stuff, since that was my responsibility...

...and I will fix them Dew if you haven't already. I have a copy with some of them done. If we think that we have found everything, I can probably do it this weekend some time and shoot you the file for whenever I don't know what you have got around to fixing as of yet. my life has been busy, am pretty sure yours has been, too).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:17 pm 

With the nerf to rabies and plague java...I dont see any reason to nerf poison facets.
iso melee fix before we make ele decisions.

If I'm not wrong, the whole point of the beta is to test and fix certain skills/items. We are well on the way.

We need a beta patch...maybe 2...then a realm reset. The current pace might take 3 months. Mancers beta was 6 months if I remember correctly.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:22 pm 

well I haven't exactly been able to run my physical characters through the game entirely, but I think all the item changes have been a huge step forward, and the main thing left to hash out is the PDR forumlas

thanks to those who invest time in making edits and hosting ^_^

resets are always fun. another round of updates then GOGOGOGO

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:44 am 

Amen for a reset since I died and lost interest lol.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:07 am 

yes items are are all you, i have the rest just about done i just have to 1 thing then pack up the mpq for the servers. also now im on vacation for then next five days so i have time to do this

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:27 pm 

I will likely do things Friday. After a quick glance at the bug thread in tech support, I don't see much on items. I need to go through posts after the 23rd of June to make sure. I will add those to that list by Friday some time as well. Pleas make sure to take a gander at that list to make sure we don't miss anything.

Edit: oh I was going to change Gores to 6% ctc level 3 Amp. This is more in line with other items. Lacerator is high % ctc, but levels of most uniques I looked at were level 1-3. This okay with people?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:08 pm 

kramuti wrote:
Edit: oh I was going to change Gores to 6% ctc level 3 Amp. This is more in line with other items. Lacerator is high % ctc, but levels of most uniques I looked at were level 1-3. This okay with people?

sounds good to me

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:27 pm 

Funny how only people who want resets are the hardcore kids cause they are stuck/dead. :P

No need for a reset at all. Nuff said. QQ elsewhere.

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:51 pm 

Why doing a reset when melee hasn't even been tested at all? The PDR formula is not tuned in propertly so no proper testing has been carried out.

About gores, I don't see the need to reduce the ctc %, the item can just be taken off if it is overwritting nec's amp. Maybe gores amp lvl should be reduced but then again, it's not like it's been tested again act bosses right?

I agree with fury on facets.

On an unrelated note, the rw changes file says that purity may or may not have been changed. Can someone clarify this?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:10 am 

Zeratul wrote:
On an unrelated note, the rw changes file says that purity may or may not have been changed. Can someone clarify this?

I checked the txt files and Purity has been changed to mana reg instead of meditation.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:31 am 

Zeratul wrote:
About gores, I don't see the need to reduce the ctc %, the item can just be taken off if it is overwritting nec's amp.

The problem is gore's are the best melee boots for a build going heavy CB. With such a build you're going to want to have necro amp at least for the heavier stuff, and there will be better sources of amp once the lvl gets nerfed for solo play. I don't exactly mind the amp proc just that it happens to be on the best CB boots in the game, and melee can't use them with a necro, nor would they want to once they're nerfed and you've got a lv10 Brand RW proc'in for ya.
Cory wrote:
Funny how only people who want resets are the hardcore kids cause they are stuck/dead. :P

But there's only one person on HC really pushing for a reset, Lee. What's with the HC resentment? I think most people in general are just apprehensive about playing or committing to building characters because what's the point if a reset is around the corner?

Personally I like Furycury's idea of just a longer beta ladder. There will have to be a reset eventually though, if only to call it an official ladder, since I believe many missed out/didn't play due to them believing it would be a short beta period. Not to mention a few items here and there that need fixing but they aren't really a big deal.

Once the amp/pdr values get hammered out we should be good to roll an official reset. So maybe a couple months, or at least time enough to figure it out. An estimate like that might also give people a reason to play a bit more since I foolishly wanted the beta to originally be just a month.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:31 am 

@Ben Imperial said he wouldn't mind a reset either.. so I think that's why he was taking a shot at HC since only two HU HC users said they wouldn't mind a reset, however, I think some SC people implied that it's needed anyway fury/someone else too high to remember.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:17 am 

Cory wrote:

you look foolish calling out all of HC when your statement only applies to Lee. Resets are fun, but I just want to know what it's going to be so I don't waste time building my other chars like drrod said.

Most of the necessary item changes don't bother me that much and I wouldn't say that they alone warrant a reset, some may disagree. Honestly I just want everyone to decide whether all the fixes can/will be done without a reset or not. Either way I think the PDR formula fix is going to need a good amount of testing after implementation so I say the sooner the better.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:19 pm 

drrod wrote:
But there's only one person on HC really pushing for a reset, Lee. What's with the HC resentment? I think most people in general are just apprehensive about playing or committing to building characters because what's the point if a reset is around the corner?

4 people after him posted supporting a reset. All were Hardcore players. We talk about this a lot with people on SC and I've yet to meet one person who is for a reset. There's just no need. I don't know anyone who has found any exp/mf bugs which permanently effected characters.

People I've talked to have already said if there is a reset just because people on HC who died want it or because they didn't get the start they liked or whatever the reason may be, that they won't be coming back. I'd prob be with them. And there were a lot of veterans who I wish played this time around who said they were done with HU. So there really aren't that many players left sadly, :( and after next reset will be even less.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:56 pm 

Cory wrote:
There's just no need. I don't know anyone who has found any exp/mf bugs which permanently effected characters.

exp and mf bugs? exp and mf weren't even altered at all this patch besides increase of mf% on charms... the main reason for a reset are things like L90 req on the 95 javs, apparently too much stats on SM set pieces, too much amp on gores, etc. All other changes can supposedly be done without a reset, but there are some people who will be upset at leaving these items around "as-is" for those who have found them already.

Cory wrote:
People I've talked to have already said if there is a reset just because people on HC who died want it or because they didn't get the start they liked or whatever the reason may be, that they won't be coming back.

You don't know shit about the HC community man... let's go down the list of high deaths-
Lee's skellimancer - lee hasn't even played for weeks since ben went to SC to play with jay, the one time he logs his necro to play he dies and wants a reset, that's one person
Camel's rabies - already being remade. said nothing of a reset
Pappy's fbite - already being remade. said nothing of a reset
Nitro's wc - said nothing of reset

so... who were you referring to again? Drrod was the first one to say he was leaning toward a reset. He has not died, and he had the best start of anyone on HC. Imp and me were the second group to hell after one death, we're both bored and want a reset for shits and giggles. Stop talking out of your ass like you know what you're talking about. I don't even know why I wasted my time with this since everyone I know on SC says youre a fucktard

and really?! SC folks are going to "quit forever" if there's another reset? THIS IS A FUCKING BETA

Last edited by slappyNuts on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:59 pm 

oops

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:27 pm 

slappyNuts wrote:
Stop talking out of your ass like you know what you're talking about. I don't even know why I wasted my time with this since everyone I know on SC says youre a fucktard

and really?! SC folks are going to "quit forever" if there's another reset? THIS IS A FUCKING BETA

:lol: relax there big guy.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:32 pm 

sry I'm allergic to dumbasses

yo ozio how's the thrower? ISO your build and gear and how he's performing in hell :D mine is waaaaay behind. Aside from the fact that the replenish rate blows, do knives clear trash decently at all? With/without amp?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:17 am 

Honestly.. cory you're being a complete dick. Which four HU players said go reset?? There was only two... and I honestly don't even care for a reset. I've played HU longer than people have gone through college. There's a certain time for everything and I'm on the verge of quitting. I want to try and play new games.. It's just the same repetitive shit over and over.. notice how Imp said he was bored already and wanted a reset? I just want a reset because It's boring sort of now.. not because I died but more so because I'm already in a5 hell and have no one to play with.. course I'm going with the assumption zac/ben are going to play HC if it were to reset and if they were not then I'd be riding solo or leading a random group.

No new content is really being added. No new areas. No new bosses. All builds typically remain the same. Nothing changes.... while It's still fun to play.. It's not jut as enjoyable as it use to be.. for me anyway and the community has always been so small.

It's hard to find people to play with. It always has been. I usually stuck to a group of three and that's pretty shitty considering I think having a group of 5-6 active players is far more fun than waiting for two of the people you play with to log on.

I'm cool with the small group play, however, it's just the same old HU. I'm ready to try something different.. no idea what though. I hit JarL up and he said there's not really much out. Bleh. It was a good thing I died on my nec... was bored as hell soloing all the time.

Don't get me wrong D2/HU is a great game/mod and it's had a loooong run but face it.. replay value is always decreasing. Marginal utility... if you don't know what it is.. google it. Just a fact of life.

Anyway typical offtopic lee rant!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:10 pm 

I think Goreriders are fine just the way they are .... So many think that there to much with the amp proc and some say it overrides a higher lvl amp.. If They overrider your partys necro with them simply use other boots till you mf or solo run boss's...
Atm moment i'm running a venom bladesin with Dclaw and Gore's really opened doors with amulets to use sence she don't need to use atma's ..
And like Ben said whats hard about these boots is that they are the best for melee with the cb... My sin needs the amp and cb thats just how bladesins work...
I would change the amp proc to this 6/10 .. They won't go off as much and you can allways change boots at boss's with your team mates.. Or you can take the amp off them and make another unique with amp and cb for the builds that need the amp when they run without a necro..

Bladesin(venom).... I was looking through all the database at claws and seen that there are no lvl 85 venom claws made there is everything for all the ele sins and mind sins but not much for a Venom bladesin or venom besides Jade talons..

Claw idea is lvl 85 feral claw

3 to sin skill lvls
1-3 shadow skills
1-3 venom
5-10 amp proc(optional) This idea is only if you guys take amp of gores..
25% poison skill dmg
-15 to poison res
50 ias
50 fhr
12 mana steal
12 life steal
sockets(optional) 2 I think is best 3 would be op
Chance to reanimate as Lee ......... Lmao joking :lol: no reanimate

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:23 pm 

Asteroth wrote:
Chance to reanimate as Lee ......... Lmao joking :lol: no reanimate

chance to reanimate lee is useless cuz lee is dead rofl

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:16 pm 

1) Cory: I don't play HC. I said a reset was probably needed. Quit putting everything on HC people. Just because they play HC doesn't mean they are conspiring against the rest of us.

2) Gores. The ultimate reason I will end up changing this (here in a few) is to put it inline with the other unique item values of amp level, and proc chance. Not so much the annoyance to others, though it is a consideration. 6% lvl 3 is the same as Atma's so I think this nullifies Asteroth's argument for the most part. As for drrod's point about them already being the best melee boots for cb, level 3 amp really isn't going to change a helluva lot to make it OP. That's my opinion anyway...though I do see the point that it may be overloaded on stats in that regard...I am still just going to lower it for now.

3) Wasn't Soulmancer's changed before the reset went through? I thought this was found during the SP test. I will look again to make sure...

Edit:Hmmm guess i was mistaken on time when mancer's bug was found.

Edit2. Refer to stickied 1.3cbeta for item fixes done...also please check the one in tech support for overall bugs that are not listed. I can post the files whenever.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:00 pm 

Ready for the item files when you are

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:12 am 

will post them some time tomorrow so that people have a last shot to look over the list. fixed the str requirements on battle belt and war belt from 1.3b

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:56 am 

Any chance of getting passive %def with assassins(like from CoS or Fade), it's a royal pain for phoenix/any melee sin to run on hell with 4k def.
Also I'd suggest reducing CoS timer to 15-20 sec (only if sins get passive %def), 45 sec is way too much considering it blinds/lowers psn res for like 2 screens. Lower timer should help clearing a bit

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:41 pm 

Only reason I posted about Gores was it did give a better option in amulets .. A blade sin or venom melee sin using atma's kills the dmg they can have with ether a Zak amulet or a psn crafted one.. But no biggy..

Ya I agree with Steel here to give melee sins more def... I would say Fade would be the best skill to add a passive def % would be Fade its a skill every sin use's .... 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:45 pm 

I hear ya on that one Asteroth (gores), but 6% at level 3 is as good as atma's and you still get the choice of amulet.

On defense of sins, i think we probqbly need to be a little careful. Don't really mind a defense boost of some sort, we just should not get carried away with the amount that is given. What kind of values do people think we should aim for at the high end? 4k is pretty craptastic.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:09 pm 

kramuti wrote:
On defense of sins, i think we probably need to be a little careful.

+1

Once cloak is fixed..sins will have a defense boost. Adding another def boost on a no-brainer skill like fade is overkill. The assassin with clawblock is already one of the best tanks in the game. I don't think she needs anymore help.

If you were to add a def boost, I would say add it as a passive bonus to hardpoints in phoenix itself. That's pretty much the only sin build that doesn't allow enough left over skill points to max fade/master.

Offline Profile