Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 pm

Post subject: Request for Data
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:40 pm 

Hello everyone. I noticed there was a lack of any data on the website regarding skills and their respective values through levels. I brought this up in a game and it was suggested that I contribute towards a skill calculator. This is something I can do, but I'll need help gathering data. I was directed to look at the Skills.txt file within the data folder but I can't read the darn thing because of the horrendous spacing.

What I need:
Code:
Skill Name
Skill Effect
Skill Effect's Values
Skill's Synergies

For values, I'll need the level one value and then how much it increases per level. This data can be posted here or in a private message. I would prefer to not have values affected by synergies.

Suggestions for the calc will be welcome. Currently I'm just planning on making a simple windows form. If someone else would rather program the skill calculator, I'll provide the data to them after I've organized it into something that's easy to read.

Edit: Discovered I could import the text file into excel. Feel free to contribute still, I have to decipher what each column actually means now.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Request for Data
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:08 pm 

this is just a quick start (i was the one you were conversing with).
for skills that do elemental damage (not auras atm) look at the columns IA (EMin)and IG (EMax) for the starting min/max damage.

The columns IB to IF control how much as added per level. to min and the columns IH-IL do the same for max.

The 1,2,3,4 ,5attached ti Emin/Emax control the amount given per level at a particular tier. These tiers are 2-8, 9-16,17-22, 23-28 and 29+ skill levels

edit: oh oh the columns for duration are IN-IQ (ELen-ELen3). these are given in frames, where 25 frames = 1second

edit2: looks like damaging auras work with the same columns

Other skills are handled a bit differently. I would say do these first. by then i or others can fill in the blanks of the other skills

Last edited by kramuti on Fri May 25, 2012 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:11 pm 

yeah this was something that i just didnt have the time to do. I could create character skill sheets but it is very time consuming. Hell I still have to finish redoing the sets layout and adding images to them

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:19 pm 

one last thing is to use the phrozen keep as a reference. here is the link to the fileguides

http://phrozenkeep.hugelaser.com/index. ... iew&idev=4

Offline Profile