Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 pm

Post subject: I have a problem with a player.
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:24 pm 

So, I'm alright with PvP as long as it's balanced (not 80 lvl hero vs. 95+ lvl hero and stuff like that) and it has it's agreement. But this guy always tries to kill me in a "progression" game. He is bad mannered, over his head all the time, and always swears at people. My question is; do such guys have place in Hell Unleashed realm, or not? Plain and simple. If there's no rule against "being an asshole", I'm okay with it - I'll make private games. But if there is one, I'm asking for penalty. Here are some screens to show you guys what it's all about:
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/2871/screenshot078t.jpg
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/2483/screenshot080h.jpg
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1769/screenshot082p.jpg

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: I have a problem with a player.
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:19 pm 

People have been banned before for being an asshole. Soulmancer has stated a couple times that being a cunt is a bannable offense. It's kind of a grey area a lot of the time. If people got banned for PKing a game now and again it would be pretty silly, however if the offender is constantly doing it and just griefing to grief he'll eventually get the attention of the realm.

You just have to really be an asshole constantly for weeks at a time, to many people/games, for anything to get done about it. I wouldn't expect any bans really, just try to avoid or deal with him best you can.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:50 pm 

I agree with Ben but it sounds like this guy is consistently trying to be a major nuisance to everyone for no particular reason and he is probably subject to being banned. I mean anyone who just joins public games to create mischief obviously has no real place in the community. It is too small of a community for things like that.. maybe on battle.net or someshit but this community is too small and there has to be public games etc. in order for people to actually find others to play with - other than the people who have already established friends etc. and have their own parties. So yeah if he is continually doing this then he should get banned.

So in that case I think he should be warned and then banned. I would send Soulmancer or DuffBeer a PM. Not sure how active soulmancer is around here but actually duffbeer is your best bet. He can probably warn the guy and then ban him if he persists.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:17 am 

Thanks a lot for the responses. Well, for now I wont bother none of the admins since they're busy with that reset thing going on, but if he continues I'll let them know. Thanks again.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:37 am 

I just wanna also testify to this person's lack of, for want of a better word, community spirit. He's a prick. I don't have any evidence to offer but maybe if enough complaints are lodged he can be given a warning.

Basically a couple of times I've seen him join games demanding to party when either too high level or too low level, and when he isn't given an invite he will hostile instead.

Even his char names 'DeadlyAsshole', 'BigBadAss', seems to me he gets off on being a knob. Maybe he won't come back when the servers reset and none of this will matter.

Offline Profile