Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:06 am

Post subject: Diablo 1.13 on PTR!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:22 am 

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?to ... 8&sid=3000

Will this influence HU? They are including character skill point respecs!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Diablo 1.13 on PTR!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:03 pm 

I looked into it, and I'm confident this won't influence HU.

They're only hosting a beta-patch. I've already had to hard-reboot my comp once, and no idea why it occured (was trying to join a game). I tried to make a game but was in line for a few minutes before deciding to try joining again. They seem to have added the novel "You are 0 in line" to make a game... I was 0 for about 60 seconds, although it only took about a minute to go from 30 to 0. In another make-attempt, I was 60 in line, and it took 30 seconds to go to 59.... decided I'd get Den later.

Most (90% at least) players have used the "level 99" cheat to make level 99 chars, so don't expect to play with non-twinked players often. I found 2 games in the last 2 days that had level restrictions where I could join.

The patch just modifies some synergies, and that seems to be it. It's nice to see Blaze with a synergy (sadly it's Warmth... not exactly useful to a Blazer), and ImmoArrow seems to have received a few buffs.

They've got the char-respec thing, which is a good idea. If you had no idea how to make your char, you could reset their skills and stats. If you wanted to pump skills early, then you could later take them back after the level 30 skills became available. The respec is given by Akara whenever you beat Den of Evil (one respect per difficulty, it's a new dialogue option from her, along with Trade and Gossip). It is in addition to the skill reward.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:55 pm 
Site Admin

HU cannot utilize Diablo beyond 1.10 due to the server software as well as D2mod plugin

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:33 pm 

The subtext of my post was asking for respecs in HU, since it's official-ish now!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:00 pm 

Righto, I thought you were concerned about the community size being reduced by players returning to Vanilla's latest patch. Most of my post was meant to show that they're not offering much to return to.

The respec idea is good for Vanilla, but I don't think we're missing much their either. There aren't a lot of HU players that don't plan their builds out before making them, including stats and skill placements per character level. Also, since level 36 is acheived by A3 in HU there's little need to pump your character's initial skills to overcome early obstacles. In Vanillla, you'd be in A5 by the time you got to use your chosen skill (since only the lvl 30 skills were ever worth using...).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:59 pm 

The 1.13 patch is a joke imo. Not only do they give 1 way to do it 3 times (is fine i guess) but their "new challenge" is picking up fucking tokens from the prime evils and cubing them for an item that gives another full respec... This will totally bork pvp there in the long run. This is stupid as hell.

They completely removed IM from obk's, which was retarded imo. They also make blessed hammers no longer ingore resists (not bad). Firewall got a small buff (not shabby, but not enough to matter either) Shockwave gets a 1 synergy (5%) buff? Totally useless. Corpse explosion gets a buff. Are they fucking joking? Their Immolation buff is a joke. It still won't kill squat.

They solved no longstanding bugs, even when repeatedly delivered on a silver platter, they did no item stuff or end game things. This is their idea of a content patch...I liked the results of their last patch suggestion thread a lot more. All that gave us was the no-cd patch. I don't even know if I will let 1.13 infest my comp.

This is what people waited for since the April "as soon as 2 weeks" announcement. True the WC3 initial bug was really serious, but ffs that was fixed months ago.

Edit: Oh and the line thing is old, not new. They got rid of it when the implemented the new temp ban procedure.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:26 pm 

there are no new bosses at all from what ive heard

there is no actual new content or anything besides the whole respec thing, and considering it doesnt take very long to get through to hell and leveled to 80+, its not very useful either (only really for higher higher level characters)

LOL at the rune drop increase... theyve increased runes ohm+ like only by 2-3x as much.... but seriously, how often have you found a HR in vanilla d2 legitly (no botting)? maybe 3-5 maximum? i know ive found 4 high runes total since 1.10 (i never botted), 3 of which were luckily on my lightning fury zon which was made PURELY for hell cow farming and was able to clear the entire level within a minute.

the patch is a serious let down... they didnt do anything in terms of balance, apparently its now even easier (with instances like kramuti said with no more iron maiden, and with some buffed up skills). i didnt try it at all but from reading a little on the forums, all thats really discussed is respecs and rune drops.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:45 pm 

I tried 1.13 offline.

Vanilla D2: LOD is Street Fighter 1
HU is Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting Turbo Edition

Offline Profile