All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 am

Should the Ladder Reset in March?
Yes! 54%  54%  [ 14 ]
No! 46%  46%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 26
 Post subject: Should the Ladder Reset This Month? POLL
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:30 pm 

Hey guys, its Wookienuts here again with another POLL for you! "It's March 1st" & I'm dying to play Hell Unleashed but I'm holding off for the next ladder. This current ladder has been going on nearly 6 months now and I'm hoping for a reset soon! My wish is that I can spur some kind of timetable for a ladder reset or speed up the next patch. :D

I also have several people itching to play but all have been busy like me and missed the update back in September! They all agree that joining towards the end of a ladder is foolish and would much rather wait for the next patch. *We're all hoping that it releases well before D3 does!*

Thanks guys!

Wookienuts

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Should the Ladder Reset This Month? POLL
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:56 pm 

Pointless to reset ladder at this point nothing has changed. If any patch gets applied it would make sense to test it out prior to a ladder reset to make sure everything is working well. who knows if there is a time table for any changes at this point to be applied.

though don't have much faith in melee characters right now, with the huge CB nerf physical melee characters may as well be hitting bosses with a cardboard sword and it doesn't appear the damage boost from str has helped alleviate that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:07 pm 

Yep, better to test patch with high-leveled chars than from fresh start. Give it a month when dew's patch is applied.
btw. I missclicked and chose yes ;)
btw2. I've played like for 3 full weeks this ladder (thx Naz for gear !) but I'm not into that hell baal rush kind of hype. If you want to start again, do it now and get some free gear

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:44 pm 

Going live with the patch withOUT a reset is probably smart. As much as I would love for a ladder reset, I think it's best to do more testing and adjusting before making a ladder reset.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:38 pm 

slappyNuts wrote:
Going live with the patch withOUT a reset is probably smart. As much as I would love for a ladder reset, I think it's best to do more testing and adjusting before making a ladder reset.
I second this, that has been tried once 2 patches back, and we were left with nearly a year of a fubard patch. Any patch needs at least one month of live realm testing, using as Steel said high level established chars. The one problem is, many of those playing will continue to use the old patch items instead of testing the new versions when applicable. Then, they are first in line to complain about new changes. Too bad we can't keep the toons, but strip the gear and start that way :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:25 pm 

Average time between resets has been like 1.4 years.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:22 pm 

I would say aim for the start of the summer. Late May or something. Starting one now, especially without a patch worth a full reset isn't a good idea imo. As others said, we should probably start the patch on a current ladder rather than a new one.

Haven't looked at drod's post. If it seems reasonable, then ya, mix it with some of Dew's (and party) ideas.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:48 pm 

Might as well wait for school to end and coordinate with that if you are planning a reset in the near future.

Offline Profile