Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 am

Will you return to Hell Unleashed after Diablo 3 Releases?
Yes, I will return no matter what. 59%  59%  [ 16 ]
No, I plan to never return to Hell Unleashed. 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
If Diablo 3 meets my expectations, I will not return. 26%  26%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 27
 Post subject: Will you play Hell Unleashed after D3 releases? POLL
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:12 am 

If Diablo 3 is equivalent to its predecessors and has tons of replay value, will you ever feel the need to come back and play Hell Unleashed? To spice it up a little the Diablo 3 development team has announced a 4th difficulty higher than that of "HELL" called "INFERNO." Its rumored to challenge even those who have experience playing Diablo and reach maximum level/gear/skills. This "INFERNO" is also said to reward those who conquer it with better gear.

If they mold "INFERNO" into anything resembling Hell Unleashed I have to say I would not return.

Feel free to leave any additional comments on your views of whether or not you'll return to Hell Unleashed.

Last edited by Wookienuts on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Will you play Hell Unleashed after D3 releases? POLL
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:36 am 

Ummm.....D3 wasn't very good. Felt more like I was playing AOC instead of a Diablo game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:44 am 

So your comparing a top view Hack n' Slash & Dungeon Crawl to a 1st person MMO? I for one actually loved Age of Conan excluding all the bug and lag issues it had at the start.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:58 am 

Wookienuts wrote:
So your comparing a top view Hack n' Slash & Dungeon Crawl to a 1st person MMO? I for one actually loved Age of Conan excluding all the bug and lag issues it had at the start.

Thats the problem, it doesn't feel like Im playing Diablo.

Would have liked to see more than 5 classes and have been able to customize my character a bit more. I mean shit, you can even pick your own stats anymore.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:29 am 

Diablo 3 will never meet my basket on play.com, ill take torchlight 2 any day

I have no respect for blizzard after WoW and the way they work now

Single player through battle.net is enough to show how retarded they have become, and i wont even begin on how poor it looks/ive heard from beta testers

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:32 am 

From only what I've seen of the D3 beta I'm pretty sure I wont be returning to Hu when D3 comes out.

Everyone who's still stuck in the past, this is D3 not a Diablo 2 expansion. Its supposed to be another game experience. Also the stats in Diablo 2 suck ass. And if you think they're good then you're delusional. Most builds: as much str so you can wear your gear, no dex unless you need block, no energy res in vit. Yeah, fucking awesome game design...............

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:24 pm 

I'd be curious to see what reviews of the Diablo 3 Beta you've read, but the "critics" that I've seen or read have positive feedback about Diablo 3. One that I've read and got me excited for Diablo 3 was a review of Diablo 3 and the changes that have been made from D2 to D3. Im actually excited to see they've gone away with the pointless stat system which made pvp battles with a pve character near impossible among other things. Also D3 has made it a point to improve and implement a much better PVP system this time around, AGAIN another change that I am pumped about.

I'll leave the link if you wanna take a peak but from what I've seen and read about from reviews and videos, Diablo 3 will not disappoint.
http://www.osirisguide.com/diablo-2-vs- ... fferences/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:27 pm 

I am not bothering with D3. Their answers to the most fundamental design decisions were abhorrently ignorant. (No weapon switch cuz it's confusing, and not used much, sockets skills cuz it...it's cool mechanic, no stat assignments since it's the easiest way to mess up a character...) Those reasons assume that I am an idiot, and I can barely find the left mouse button...why should I think that the game as a whole will be worth a shit if this is these are the types of reasons that they justify their changes with. (These aren't speculative answers...these were the official statements except socket skills...i forget what they said).

Jay Wilson's responses to most things was basically a reiteration of WoW works, and how his 5 minutes of playing D2 in the last 5 years influenced his decisions. The wowification of rpg games is a dumbing down of mechanics. Classes must fill predefined roles, rather than being able to fill different roles depending on stat distribution. Many don't use this...those of us that do are simply ignored in this iteration of the game...for what reason...i couldn't tell ya.

So no, I will not be buying a game where their design decisions are based on totally idiotic assumptions about the successes and failures of the 2nd one.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:14 pm 

Kramuti summed it up nicely. Diablo 3 looks like it could have an excellent storyline. Following the "Fallen Star" in act1 was pretty good, but I don't see much replay value in the game.

Wookienuts wrote:
I'd be curious to see what reviews of the Diablo 3 Beta you've read,

Been playing the beta for a few months now, I'm not impressed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:18 pm 

did not buy sc2, most likely won't buy d3

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:41 pm 

Just in my opinion, your totally missing the point. They've removed the obsolete and worthless systems. Your telling me that figuring out your "perfect" dex, str, vit, and energy is a good thing to have? Please...To me video games should be more about your skills IN-GAME and not crunching numbers outside of the game.

I for one like where the game seems to be heading as well as them basically adding a whole entire new complexity to skills by adding "Runes" to abilities which allows you to change each one. Beyond that now you can customize your gear with different stats and sockets at once.

Diablo 3 basically took the stats out of leveling and put it into gear which can be constantly adjusted removing the need to make a new character each time you want to try a new build out, *THANK FUCKING GOD.*

Also your comment on classes being able to fill different roles based on stat distribution is totally false, this was never the case in D2 either and it seems based on runes that you can fill different roles using the runes on abilities. Everyone seems to forget how simple Diablo 2 was when it first released with 5 characters as a base same as Diablo 3. Honestly I think everyone misses the point of this being "Diablo 3" and not Diablo 2.5

Last edited by Wookienuts on Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:03 pm 

for me, d3 does not seem to live up to its name
d3 is meh to me

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:14 pm 

NO MODDING D3!!!!!!

Nuff said right there
if you mod the files and go to play it in sp, it repatches itself. Even client side only/ui/graphics
IF I ever get it it will be in the $20 range and only after coders hack it so you don't have to have online to play.
Even D2 was moddable when it came out just a very primitve version of what can be done now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:08 pm 

I'll play dat shit.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:32 pm 

"will you play d3?" no

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:15 am 

Wookie:

This is the difference: People that came to rpg like games after pen and paper enjoy the character part immensely. Those that came only electronically value a system that is independent of traditional character design. I understand it, I just don't like it.

The socketing of skills is the most retarded manner in which to give the effects that they want. A totem or something of the sort is at least reasonable. Instead they put something tangible (rune or whatever) into something completely intangible. That mechanic is plain stupid. (Please don't give me a spiel about how it's fantasy and doesn't have to make sense...it should still be reasonable).

I refuse to believe that a system built by folks that obviously have very little real experience with D2, and how D2 is actually played nowadays is so bullet proof as people want to prject. Their answers to serious questions about some changes are both ignorant and stupid. Why should I trust that the scheme they made is not at least as flawed as traditional systems when their 'reasons for changing' are abhorrently lacking in actual thought?

Edit:about stat remarks. Things like this are actually used. Some played before runes were introduced. Some (even on expansion ladder/nonladder) still heavily value nonrunewords. They are not the flavor of the day, They sure as hell work. Skill build example. When was the last time you saw a Kodiak build? I've made several, and had lots of success with them. When was the last time you saw a zeal sorc or enchantress? I know that isn't stat/nonRW directly, but I hope you see my point (the others are much longer to explain, and simply not worth the space).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:55 am 

I'm failing to see how a skill is "intangible" as you cited no evidence to the contrary. In Diablo 2 the skills were tangible based on the fact that you could alter them by wearing different gear, synergizing different skills, and by who is in your party with "X" skills. Also the fact remains that you can change and edit your skills to your hearts desire by simply acquiring new runes and remaking combinations in your abilities/skills/talents and what not. Thus removing the need to keep re-rolling new characters every time you want to edit to your build.

Again this sounds like a dream come true to anyone who loves tinkering with "stats" and combinations of skills. When I use the word stats I'm talking about the change in talents/skills/abilities that takes place when you use these "Runes" to edit and alter your talents/skills/abilities. To me they've added a ton of depth to customizing your character the way you want and completely did away with the filler garbage that was just slowing everyone down.

The stats your citing still play heavily on the basic principle of minimum STR, DEX, ENERGY, and then max your VIT. I still don't see the reason for stat tinkering to even exist if your impressed with the original Diablo 2 stat setup.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:24 am 

Stat tinkering does exist, even if you personally don't see the need for it.
Skills are not tangible things. Simple as that. Tell me how you are going to socket your English skills?

I also said that the stat builds take awhile to explain the reasons why. I actually put energy into a good number of builds. There are a number of reasons why that the vast majority simply don't consider.

I never expected D3 to be D2 like all the way through. The changes from the first to the second were dramatic as well. I am saying that I do not like this type of system at all. I prefer traditional takes on character development.

In D&D, did you ever make a sorcerer around the Tensor's Transformation spell? It made an awesome fighter based character. It does not fill the traditional sorcerer role. It's fun, depends on stats to help the build shine. These are the off kilter things that I refer to. Anypoot, off to work.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:08 pm 

Lol your argument is that your literally adding a "socket" to a skill? Ok, first off all its not putting a gem or a jewel into a skill, a rune is something you cast or learn that gives you power... Runes are clearly a different item in Diablo 3. I do not get where you thought runes and sockets were the same thing but clearly, they aren't. Nowhere in any of the Diablo 3 game do I remember seeing an explanation that said you "socket" skills using runes.

The way I understood it was that when you found and "used" a rune for a "rune word" you absorb its power and turn it into your own. Its like you've enchanted yourself with certain abilities, and that rune causes certain skills to morph. Its like reading a guide on how to do something properly, if the book is a proper manual, it will probably improve and change the outcome of whatever it is your trying to accomplish.

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim also had "rune words" which were writings on special altars that had been written in an ancient language. You learn this language from elders which allows you to interpret its meaning and then use those "rune words" to enhance your skills and abilities by casting them. Runes in my opinion are basically instructions on how to do something a unique way in order to change the outcome of the skill/ability/talent.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:26 pm 

"You’ll be able to place a runestone in each of your seven skills by opening the Skills screen. A rune’s specific effect on a skill is explained through a tooltip".

http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/world/sy ... stones.xml

Pretty straightforward?

The Skyrim reference is one that actually is reasonable.
I am not arguing the effects, I am arguing the method used to produce the effect...yes blizz's latest iteration is retarded in my view.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:53 am 

I will agree some of the "rune" and "rune word" stuff has me annoyed, like how runes existed in Diablo 2 and did something completely different from what they do now. This causes confusion for some veteran Diablo players at first. I also think the way runes "socket" into abilities could have had a cool visual effect that gives you more of a magical or enchanting feel to your abilities/skills/talents when you combine them with runes.

All in all I like the addition of "runes" and "rune words." It adds a new property and complexity to the game as well as allowing you to change your character should you feel the need and not have to make a brand new character every time you feel the desire to do so. However I think they could have named the system with something more appropriate and made it look more visually appealing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:51 pm 

When the prospect of D3 was brought to light I was intrigued to say the least. It was hoped it would build upon the successful lineage of the rest of the games in the family. As time went on it became more and more like a WoW clone. The fact single player requires battle.net is appalling. I for one will not put my hard earned money on D3, but will likely look to TL2 instead.

Part of the fun in D2 is being able to alter your builds stats as you see fit, full str barbs over vita whores anyone? The idea of being able to tweak your char to suit desires has always been appealing and offers virtually limitless possibilities if you think about it. Simply changing 1 stat by a few points can dramatically impact builds. But, then on D3 there will not be the "Oh shit I put my stats in wrong, REMAKE!!!" moment. In many cases building the char from scratch is the fun part, everything after that can be the tedious part. Taking such ideas out of play will limit the creativity of players substantially. The fact that you can "socket skills with runes to alter said skill" seems like it would be a bitch to maintain any type of balance. Granted this ability seems cool at first glance, but would end up with the typical "cookie cutter" chars, with most skill iterations going unused, similar to vengeance on vanilla.

I too am one who remembers the pen and paper D&D games, still have my first edition books around here.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:34 pm 

Don't think it really matters if people will still playing Hu after D3 comes out.. By the time they get a clue how to fix Hu there won't be anyone left to even care.. 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:41 pm 

Asteroth wrote:
Don't think it really matters if people will still playing Hu after D3 comes out.. By the time they get a clue how to fix Hu there won't be anyone left to even care.. 8-)

I told you go play 1.21z single player it'll be the best thing you've ever done for this community.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:02 am 

Asteroth wrote:

Comments like that show your willingness to offer productive, useful suggestions, and no reverting to 1.21z is NOT a useful suggestion. Truth be told Dew's patch will be a step forward, and you might even like it better than 1.21z as you no longer need amp to do physical damage to all bosses except Duri.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:06 pm 

Asteroth wrote:

Why dont you go and fix it retard?

All you ever do is piss and moan like a fucking woman! Go do something constructive and 'fix' your sacred hell unleashed

DICK

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:30 pm 

jaykayrox wrote:
Asteroth wrote:

Why dont you go and fix it retard?

All you ever do is piss and moan like a fucking woman! Go do something constructive and 'fix' your sacred hell unleashed

DICK

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:17 am 

FuryCury wrote:

if ur not impressed, why u been playing it for a few months? lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:20 am 

Qwazym wrote:
FuryCury wrote:

if ur not impressed, why u been playing it for a few months? lol

and its not like the beta makes up a large piece of the game, according to blizz the beta is only a small part of act 1.....

Offline Profile