Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:15 am

Post subject: Join failed? iso answers
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:48 am 

Was doing a baal run with Slap and after getting to darkness and pkin Blades and juving up for PI darkness, we get "join failed" on every char that has left the game. We can join other games, but just not this one. ISO answers on why this happened.
is the server being reset and its waiting for everyone to exit games?
is there a time limit on game lengths with servers? it was on linux one for 9 hours. we did alot this game O_o...

thats the only thing i can think of.

iMP.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Join failed? iso answers
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:52 am 

To specify, no chars can join the game atm. Every one gets "join failed" upon clicking join, it doesn't even go to loading screen then say "failed to join", just says "join failed" in place of the join game part of the screen

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:52 pm 

I had a issue just like this but the one thing that was differant was on Linex server after about 6 hours of cleaning hell wsk and castle I got this msg ( your time has bean reached do to a time limit.. I was like wtf this isn't B.net and why would someone set there server up on a timer ? To say I was pissed off I can only emagine if I was playing Hc that would have pissed me off even more.. But if there is servers here on Hu with bnet timers turn them the hell off .. :evil:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:16 pm 

Asteroth wrote:
But if there is servers here on Hu with bnet timers turn them the hell off .. :evil:

Time limits are there for a reason. Without them, 1/2 the games on the realm at any given time would be 12+ hours old with 1 random mule in them. Don't blame the servers.....blame Lee!!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:26 pm 

Ah so there ARE timers... are they on every server? What is the time limit?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:11 pm 

rofl jay, BLAME LEE! but what i dont get about the timer is it doesnt drop the game but just not let anyone join. seems we have a fair amount of servers though now days to not really need this timer. or atleast set it high so me and slap can drop about 90 unique items before we move onto baal lol.

all in all we got "lee'd" that game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:04 pm 

Lee did it.. :lol:

But really I can see having timers with a very large community.. This community isn't as big as it once was in 06 and 07..And even then I don't remmber a game dropping with a timer..Timers to me are just a lazy way of not checking your logs.... 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:52 pm 

I was under the impression the game would drop all together when the time limit was reached.

It's also possible a host set the max number of players on the server to 0. This allows everyone in a game to finish the game, and when players = 0 on the server, the host does a shutdown/restart of the server.

Oct 10th

DuFFBeeR wrote:
A new Linux server has been added, which is hosted at the same datacenter as the other one which is at Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

In addition, I did an update to max game life value on all servers which was unlimited until today. It is now set to 9 hours since some stay afk in game for more than 10 hours.

Thanks.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4664&p=40975#p40975

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:51 pm 

FuryCury wrote:
I was under the impression the game would drop all together when the time limit was reached.

It's also possible a host set the max number of players on the server to 0. This allows everyone in a game to finish the game, and when players = 0 on the server, the host does a shutdown/restart of the server.

Oct 10th

DuFFBeeR wrote:
A new Linux server has been added, which is hosted at the same datacenter as the other one which is at Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

In addition, I did an update to max game life value on all servers which was unlimited until today. It is now set to 9 hours since some stay afk in game for more than 10 hours.

Thanks.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4664&p=40975#p40975

This has to be what happen. because once you left you just couldnt get back in. no worries i guess. just no more droppin unique bosses before baal runs

Offline Profile