Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:59 am

Post subject: Cold Sorc and merc question..
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:15 pm 

Does the convic from TFK and Say holy freeze still work in braking immunes in hell... Now not talking boss's .. Just trash ?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Cold Sorc and merc question..
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:33 pm 

iirc they use the same state so they will not stack the stronger one will work against breaking imunities and lowering non immunes resistances. And not sure how many immunities will actually be broken since conviction is pretty weak without hard points into the skill

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:38 pm 

dew wrote:
iirc they use the same state so they will not stack the stronger one will work against breaking imunities and lowering non immunes resistances. And not sure how many immunities will actually be broken since conviction is pretty weak without hard points into the skill
Actually, they do work together if from different sources. My healer used a cold merc in glacial trail hell, my conv wouldn't break cold immunes, but with him close they broke and he couldn't break them without my conv. Well, it won't break all cold immunes with that combo.

Last edited by kwikster on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:16 am 

Good to here :)... My buddy has a blizz sorc and his a2 recovery die's to much for him... My idea was for him to use TFK and get a a5 bear merc with Boom rw ward ex,,,

Thx for the replys.. 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:18 am 

with this: if conviction and holy freeze DONT stack, then if say u have convicion and your merc has holy freeze, will your merc benefit from both or just the overriding one?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:12 am 

Actually I just looked in the txt files for the current patch. Holy Shock and Holy Fire are not able to apply to the same target simultaneously for immunity breaking since they both apply the resistmagic state to the enemy. Conviction applies the conviction state to enemies. Holy Freeze applies the holywindcold state to enemies. As long as different state names are used for each (de)buff they can be stacked ad naseum.

As for in the case different sources attempt to apply the same state (such as holy fire and holy shock)... I believe it goes whatever has the highest skill level overrules everything else. In the case of a tie in skill levels the appliers of the state take turns being dominant based on whatever applied its refresh last.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:58 pm 

Asteroth wrote:
Good to here :)... My buddy has a blizz sorc and his a2 recovery die's to much for him... My idea was for him to use TFK and get a a5 bear merc with Boom rw ward ex,,,

Thx for the replys.. 8-)

Really? My A2 recovery merc is a fooking beast... He probably gears him as bad as you suck at life

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:33 pm 

Another one here that needs to grow up.... 8-)

Offline Profile